praevus

Poll - WWIIOnline Merchandise

Poll - WWIIOnline Merchandise   36 members have voted

1. 1. Which WWIIOnline merchandise would you most like to see/purchase?

• T-Shirt (Short Sleeve)
    • T-Shirt (Long Sleeve)
    • Hat (Trucker/Mesh/Dad)
    • Hat (59-Fifty)
    • Hoodie
    • Shirt (Button Up, L/Sleeve)
    • Shirt (Button Up, S/Sleeve)
    • Shirt (Embroidered Polo)
    • Bumper Sticker
    • Phone Cases (iPhone 4+, Samsung S4+, HTC U Models)
    • Sap/ATR Point Mouse-Mat (equiv Razer Goliathus size)
    • Logo Mouse-Mat (Regular)
    • Bag (Laptop or Backpack)
    • Wall Poster (Sap/ATR Points)
    • Wall Poster (Theatre Map)
    • Beer Stein
    • Coffee Cup/Mug

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 posts in this topic

Hey all, 

Through my RL employment I've made some good contacts in printing and merch manufacturing/wholesale. Two of them have agreed to do me some free mock-ups for any merch ideas. I've spoken to XOOM and checked if he minded my polling this. 
Quite simply, the reason for this poll, is that I'd like to focus the efforts of my contacts, so that their time is not wasted on things no one has any interest in. 

Currently Merch is done via Cafepress, which isn't the best quality, nor the best margin for profit for CRS. Additionally the merch hasn't been updated in awhile, so maybe some updated designs might entice a bit of spending from us players to help the game along. If you have a moment, and wouldn't mind, please select the items from the options, or make a comment below with any good suggestions!

** TO CLARIFY ALSO: This is not a 'given' , CRS will have final approval on design or any changes, and final say dependant also on profit margins being reasonable for CRS too!

Edited by praevus
3 people like this

Sapper/ATR point Poster IF it were up to date. But the only thing I would actually buy because I would ACTUALLY use it... would be a coffee mug. Sell those, and I'll buy one. 

Average age of the guys here is over 30. I don't were T-shirts with logos on them like a teen-age kid any more. but I do drink coffee every damn day. :-)

Edited by lipton
2 people like this

Two things:

1. Minimal shirt designs (i.e no huge logos etc).

2. Good shipping options world wide. No one wants to pay the same price for the shipping as the item they are purchasing.

1 person likes this

Awesome, I'll add the mug to the list of mock-ups! Thanks for the feedback guys.

@Gretnine Got you covered on the minimal designs. Looking at both in fact. Current thinking Tshirt wise is: 

1 x Minimal Design (likely logo), for embroidered polo and t-shirts. 
1 x Heavy Design (logo plus additional art/logo) for Tshirts/hoodies etc. 
+ any 'special edition' type prints for anniversaries or so on. 
+ side specific apparel (i.e axis or allied forces specific) 

This is all subject to change of course!  Just spitballing ideas around at present and really appreciate the feedback! 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

Beer Stein?

Yes. And actual private label beer. 

Image result for ww2 beerRelated imageImage result for ww2 beer

Image result for spitfire beer ads

Image result for spitfire beer ads

Hi All - I will leave this poll up for next 24 hours. I'm gonna catch up with the design guys tomorrow afternoon. 

If you've not voted, please take a moment to do so. I'd appreciate your feedback. 

2 hours ago, lipton said:

I want my vote back! I vote Coffee Mug. :-)

Ditto lol.

Both posters are kinda meh , only reason why I say that is Sap points change ( you are better off just printing them once they get updated) and the map well once CRD figures out to add new towns it's obsolete in a flash. Just my opinion.

My vote went for Hoodie, Short sleeve T , phone case and the coffee mug .

21 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Both posters are kinda meh , only reason why I say that is Sap points change

Sure. But when I think of which image represents this game most for me it hast to be the sap/atr guide. I guess there is no other picture I spend more time looking at while being really really excited about what's about to come...

And now you can start making fun of what I just said!

28 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Both posters are kinda meh , only reason why I say that is Sap points change ( you are better off just printing them once they get updated) and the map well once CRD figures out to add new towns it's obsolete in a flash. Just my opinion.

This is true, but... I STILL pull up Parasit's 2010 color version of the Sapper Guide and have it available on my 2nd monitor... every time I play. And the sapper locations still work... Usually. Unless the charge bleeds inside the tank or something. 

7 hours ago, dre21 said:

Thanks for the feedback Dre! 

Thank you cafe express sucks... I had been thinking of getting Grunt Style to make me a shirt for WWII online, not sure if they would do cross from combat vets into keyboard jockeys tho. But now I will wait to see what you come up with. 

1 person likes this

I don’t what you Americans call it, but in Canada and Australia and UK it’s called a slouch hat.

or perhaps you get BGE cap badge?

Or perhaps a stainless water bottle for vehicle cup holder. I use 4 a day , so having a BGE one or 4 would be awesome.

1 person likes this

I won one of the Allied versions of the T-Shirt we currently have. I have worn it like crazy, and surprisingly, for a cafe Press shirt, it has held up well for a couple of years. I would be interested in buying a new one, and potentially a map/sapper guide. But I'm one of the guys who actually wants a decent sized image on a Tee. To ME, a Polo shirt sized logo on a T-Shirt is basically  a waste.

Have a Tee with a decently sized logo, and I'm all for it. No coffee cup for me though. (ick) I MIGHT be interested in a stein for my tea though, depending on the design. (I don't drink tea out of a coffee cup. Tea takes so long to make that I prefer to make a LARGE cup  at a time, instead of wasting half my day brewing and steeping)

52 minutes ago, black5 said:

Hey I wouldn’t mind a poster of the original box this game was sold in!

c30dWjM.png

16 hours ago, merlin51 said:

c30dWjM.png

Yes!!!! I have mine somewhere... but I dig that for a poster. 

16 hours ago, merlin51 said:

c30dWjM.png

Hey Merlin51 what was and what happened to strategyfirst?

On 4/24/2018 at 5:07 AM, black5 said:

Hey Merlin51 what was and what happened to strategyfirst?

Strategy First was our original Publishing partner. The partnership faded out sometime shortly after the launch. They were the guys who rushed the original team to push out the game when it wasn't ready... anyhow, that's who they were. 

On 4/18/2018 at 7:14 AM, dre21 said:

Hey, who you calling "CRD"? :D 

This is actually a good point though.

37 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Strategy First was our original Publishing partner. The partnership faded out sometime shortly after the launch. They were the guys who rushed the original team to push out the game when it wasn't ready... anyhow, that's who they were. 

Thanks Xoom!

1 person likes this

HI ALL, 

Thanks for taking the time to vote if you have. Going from the above, the first mock-ups will be done for the following items: 

T-Shirt
Coffee Mug/Cup
Wall Poster (Sap Points)
Wall Poster (Theatre Map) 

Now, with regards to the T-shirts we will be knocking up the following designs for perusal, however if there's something you're keen to see, drop me a line asap and we'll try to include it! 

Standard Shirts: 
1. Allied Forces Tshirt. 
2. Axis Forces Tshirt. 
3. Generic Supporter Shirt.

Novelty Shirts: 
1. "Tour Shirt" - All Campaigns with which side won listed down rear of t-shirt a la a band tour shirt. (will do #1 - #150 for now)
2. "Squad Shirt" - WWIIOL logo on rear, squad logo on front breast****
3. "High Command" - Officer style shirt, including players name, available to HC officers from either side ****
**** these shirts may incur a small surcharge, as creation of them requires additional print templates to be made

Edited by praevus
1 person likes this