BLKHWK8

Changes scheduled for Friday's Maintenance 4/20/18

94 posts in this topic

We at CRS take feedback from our community very seriously and as you all know this is always a continuing work. 

Effective with the maintenance server restart Friday 4/20/18 caputer timers will be decreased to the following:

Even Population

OLD NEW. 
300 = 1 > 225 
270 = 2 > 205 
240 = 3 > 180 
210 = 4 > 160 
180 = 5 > 135 
160 = 6 > 120 
140 = 7 > 105 
120 = 8 > 90 
90 = 9 > 90 
60 =10 > 75 
60 =11 > 60 
60 =12 > 60 

The balancing capture timers will remain the same as listed below:

Balancing Capture Timers (according to imbalance)

When there is an imbalance starting at 1% (up to 50%), the following will occur:

• Underpopulated side receives bonus faster capture speed by X%
  • Overpopulated side receives penalty slower capture speed by X%

So for example, if there is a 25% population difference, the following will occur:

• Underpopulated side = 25% faster capture timers
  • Overpopulated side = 25% slower capture timers

You cannot have more than a 50% bonus or penalty. So if there is a 70% imbalance, the maximum bonus or penalty is 50% timers impacted on both sides.

4 people like this

Makes no sense,--  so  if the underpopped side gets a 25% faster because they are underpopped, that would be fine, BUT the overpopped side GETS penalized again for 25%,  thats being double penalized just for having guys on.

45 minutes ago, xcas said:

Makes no sense,--  so  if the underpopped side gets a 25% faster because they are underpopped, that would be fine, BUT the overpopped side GETS penalized again for 25%,  thats being double penalized just for having guys on.

Agree, makes no sense to double penalize

50 minutes ago, xcas said:

because its a sliding value, has to be something on both ends iirc
it works out the same, rather than give underpop X% change it applies 1/2X% to each side of the equation, up to the max.
If you applied to one side only, it would max underpop at 100% boost, that would be too fast.

It is better than the alternative of forcing the decision of what side you play on?

They have to continue to screw around with this guys.  They have to see how this effects things.  Right now they have to deal with it on a linear scale.  The way its handled is going to change at some point.  Right now its just dealing with overpop.  At somepoint they are going to need to put in the vertical scaling of total population to get it to work with all TZs. Having a 50% overpop during high pop times is not the same as having a 50% over pop during low pop times.. IE its much harder to get 12 ppl into a CP for max cap speed when you only have 25 ppl on but are suffering from a 50% OP penalty.  Its much different then using 12 ppl when you have 150ppl on. Nobody really knows if the penalty is fair or not. We are at the I don't like it stage from primarily OP side players and an I like it from the UP players.  The last Lowpop night I had I was able to hold onto a cp by myself while I had a constant attack by 5 Axis players who came in at twos and threes for an hour. I died a lot and Axis had taken 3/4ths the town.  At our lowest we had 4 defenders in a 2 AB town for about 40 minutes.  I personally have more than 15 different names that killed me in that town. Had to log before it was over, but numbers started to pick back up.

7 people like this

Other than forcing people to play on the low pop side this is the only other way (I can see) to balance the game. It’s not fun playing on the underpop side and getting rolled. I think this has given the underpop side a fighting chance.

My only hope is that the faster timers don’t make it harder for the underpop side. 

redo that chart with headings please, i have no idea what it means.

2 people like this

Well this seems like, overpopped side,  get SIDELOCKED timer up to 60 secs,  and then in game you have  SD besides, AND now you get penalized  again, where is it going to stop?   when crs choose's  a  side for yea?

5 minutes ago, xcas said:

Well this seems like, overpopped side,  get SIDELOCKED timer up to 60 secs,  and then in game you have  SD besides, AND now you get penalized  again, where is it going to stop?   when crs choose's  a  side for yea?

Be careful of what you wish for.

1 person likes this

Xcas Allied have lost 5 maps in a row and are losing this one as well. Not sure why you’re complaining. Sorry winning this campaign isn’t coming easy enough for you. (not) 

35 minutes ago, B2K said:

Be careful of what you wish for.

Nah, were good - after all CRS is depending on my money - im not depending on CRS tho...

1 hour ago, crashzzz said:

Xcas Allied have lost 5 maps in a row and are losing this one as well. Not sure why you’re complaining. Sorry winning this campaign isn’t coming easy enough for you. (not) 

Why you calling me out and making it personal? And who said anything about winning campaigns and and how many in a row?   This is about capture timers and how it may effect the game. So your comment is inflammatory and maybe you are hurt,  think you may need  some therapy. 

3 people like this

The Balance timers have been in place the whole campaign, We did not touch the settings  this at this time. They are just being reposted.

Maintenance is done and the new Capture timers are now in place

5 hours ago, xcas said:

Why you calling me out and making it personal? And who said anything about winning campaigns and and how many in a row?   This is about capture timers and how it may effect the game. So your comment is inflammatory and maybe you are hurt,  think you may need  some therapy. 

Far as I know, crashzzz never got a banning or told by an entire side to leave, so I'll go with his opinion.  There's one way to fix this, and always has been:  get rid of people's entitlement attitude and lock everyone to ONE side for a camp.  You can choose whatever side you want, but then you stick to it.  Should also be an added proviso, if you make 2nd and 3rd accounts to read other side chat via the "training" or to artificially manipulate the SD as currently gets done, you get tossed.    Oh boo hoo, we can't swap sides if we want every day....GOOD!

1 hour ago, yourwinkie said:

Far as I know, crashzzz never got a banning or told by an entire side to leave, so I'll go with his opinion.  There's one way to fix this, and always has been:  get rid of people's entitlement attitude and lock everyone to ONE side for a camp.  You can choose whatever side you want, but then you stick to it.  Should also be an added proviso, if you make 2nd and 3rd accounts to read other side chat via the "training" or to artificially manipulate the SD as currently gets done, you get tossed.    Oh boo hoo, we can't swap sides if we want every day....GOOD!

FreePlay account? First post?

Curious about it.

I’m just saying that the timers were put in to balance the low pop side and give them a fighting chance. Of course you xcas is complaining about them (the timers) being unfair to the overpop side because you can no longer steamroll the underpop side. 

People will not want to subscribe to a game if they constantly feel that the game gives an advantage to one side or another. 

Just thought the cap timers gave more balance to the game.

53 minutes ago, heilmittel said:

no more double penalize plz:mellow:

tz3 is unplayable now

It's not a double penalty. If you are under pop you get to recap a % quicker and since you have less numbers the chances are you have less people recapping with you.

If you are over pop, you can't cap as fast unless you utilize your numbers advantage and cap as a larger force.

It's about teamwork on each side this just helps balance it.

To the other point, side switching is not a huge factor in my eyes. It helps keep pop balanced as well. Just because someone wants to play both sides doesn't mean they are in the wrong. We all pay to play, and if I only have 45 min to play I might jump to the underpop side to avoid the spawn delay, and maximize my play time. Nothing wrong with that.

3 people like this

For god sakes, before we all start whining about it..........how about we give it a try and see how it goes. 

Edited by bmw
2 people like this

2 hours ago, heilmittel said:

tz3 is unplayable now

I really hope this is sarcastic. LMFAO

tz3 is unplayable now

By unplayable i suspect you mean instead of rolling a dozen towns during tz3, you are now only rolling 5 or 6. 

Poor thing....

3 people like this

15 minutes ago, bmw said:

For god sakes, before we all start whining about it..........how about we give it a try and see how it goes. 

Isn't that the CRS corporate motto? Joking, but with our small population there is no other choice but to do ready fire aim.

tz3 is unplayable now

This is a joke comment, right?

Timers are never going to solve the balance issues this game has. 

1 person likes this