• Announcements

• BLKHWK8

Squad vs Squad Battle for Notre Dame Postponed   08/03/2018

The event for this weekend will be postponed... We have not been able to get a solid commitment to run the event. I will be posting a poll to select a better date and time. Poll:    Welcome back our Squad vs Squad events. Please check out the forum post here   
BLKHWK8

Changes scheduled for Friday's Maintenance 4/20/18

94 posts in this topic

what i find amusing about the pak 36 is , its relative power increase as the tiers go by. Not so good early but now kills shermans seemingly pretty easily.

4 people like this

8 hours ago, goreblimey said:

what i find amusing about the pak 36 is , its relative power increase as the tiers go by. Not so good early but now kills shermans seemingly pretty easily.

What, Shermans sould be invincible from Pak36 at the side and rear? Because at Dizy yesterday we killed a huge amount of Shermans and Stuart with Paks that way. I even added 3 more tanks to my kill count of tanks and anti tank gun. (that put me at 17 ATG and ET kill. Three more and I'll reach the 20!)

1 person likes this

No i said I find it amusing.

Compared to the 25mm its almost an uber weapon now , lol.

Edited by goreblimey

On 4/20/2018 at 5:36 AM, yourwinkie said:

Far as I know, crashzzz never got a banning or told by an entire side to leave, so I'll go with his opinion.  There's one way to fix this, and always has been:  get rid of people's entitlement attitude and lock everyone to ONE side for a camp.  You can choose whatever side you want, but then you stick to it.  Should also be an added proviso, if you make 2nd and 3rd accounts to read other side chat via the "training" or to artificially manipulate the SD as currently gets done, you get tossed.    Oh boo hoo, we can't swap sides if we want every day....GOOD!

This should never happen.

16 hours ago, goreblimey said:

So goreblimy, what you are saying is that ONLY the Allies can have a low tier ATG that can kill anything at any range in this game?

17 hours ago, choad said:

Well i guess. Tier 0 and tier 1 lasted something like 3 days and 4 days respectively  if i recall. Seems so long ago, but since then they are essentially "worthless" IMO. So they had a whole 1 week of respectable utility! 

;)

The 25 mm has terrible stats, and when you compare it to the pak36 it is no contest.

Yea i am not fond of the fast tiers, maps were rolling too fast though and people were upset not getting to play out all the tiers.
Hope when we find a map speed balance we can make the tiers longer again, especially when Ohm gets the US tier thing worked out
so we can have sub tiers and such.

the 25mm? Eh it is what it is. That's what the french had, axis had pak36

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, xcas said:

So goreblimy, what you are saying is that ONLY the Allies can have a low tier ATG that can kill anything at any range in this game?

What?  

If you're referring to the 2 pounder, it's only in 40% of the Allied flags and saying "it can kill anything at range" is a bit of a misrepresentation since it makes it sound like a concealable 88.  

Xcas , it is not what I said.

However the 37 goes from not killing our top tier Char to killing our top tier sherman as the tiers go by. would axis be happy if the Tiger was being killed by the 25mm.

Just to rub salt in the wound the American forces are given the bloody thing, why. The 2 pounder would be a better match for the 37 they should have , seems a bizarre choice to me.

So just to reiterate, it is AMUSING, that the axis weaker gun becomes more useful as time goes by.

10 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

Xcas , it is not what I said.

However the 37 goes from not killing our top tier Char to killing our top tier sherman as the tiers go by. would axis be happy if the Tiger was being killed by the 25mm.

Just to rub salt in the wound the American forces are given the bloody thing, why. The 2 pounder would be a better match for the 37 they should have , seems a bizarre choice to me.

So just to reiterate, it is AMUSING, that the axis weaker gun becomes more useful as time goes by.

Gore, the pak36 has to be veryyyy close to take out a Sherman, now it can take out the engine from a few hundred meters but to get the kia, it must be super close

I will bet you a year subscription to ww2online that a 2lber can take out a Tiger from farther distance than pak36 vs Sherman 

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, kazee said:

Gore, the pak36 has to be veryyyy close to take out a Sherman, now it can take out the engine from a few hundred meters but to get the kia, it must be super close

I will bet you a year subscription to ww2online that a 2lber can take out a Tiger from farther distance than pak36 vs Sherman 

oh... putting some money down.. this is getting interesting ;)

23 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

Just to rub salt in the wound the American forces are given the bloody thing, why.

It is closer to the M3 towed atg they will get than the 2pdr is.
M3 isnt much to jump up and down about.

9 minutes ago, kazee said:

make that an MLE 1937 and it could find a spot to assassinate most of the armor units in the entire game within 150m.

1 hour ago, kazee said:

I will gladly be the unbiased third party to hold the funds in escrow while this gets sorted out. I will private message ya my email address for a paypal payment.

2 hours ago, kazee said:

There is only 1 shot that will kill a tiger with a 2#er, it requires being elevate above the tiger and his commander up.  2#er can't penetrate tiger from front back or sides except engine, maybe, point blank. It can double track a tiger which = kill. The hurri2D with 40mm can get through the top armor but it's gotta be a realy steep angle shot.

Kazee, I know you get easily impassioned, but trust me, the 2lbr has to have a nearly perfect shot to kill a tiger and it's a very specific shot and it doesn't always work, esp if the tiger is on any sort of incline whatsoever, and to make matters worse it requires elevation, which is why the DAC is actually somewhat capable of doing the job.  The pak36 can flame or explode either sherman from 500+ on the side if you get it dialed in, but anything under 300 or so is super easy.  The pak36 doesn't do much against a c7, even with the armor leak.  It can get it smoke and fuel cloud pretty good, but the flame is difficult if not outright impossible for in-game conditions.

I just farted around on the training server, I was able to get a kill on sherman76 from about 600 or so after using all my rounds basically, and then one shotted it at 350 and that simply cannot be done against a tiger with 2lbr.  I know you want proof, here it is:

8 minutes ago, deride said:

, and then one shotted it at 350 and that simply cannot be done against a tiger with 2lbr.  I know you want proof, here it is:

Try a 2lbr from same distance, also level ground surface and hit the sapper spot on Tiger.

I would do it, but not sure how to record stuff nor have dual accounts

What I find amusing personatly is that you complain that our gun can do that. While forgetting a fact.

The Tiger is much better armored and slower than a Sherman 76.

What the Allies have is basicly twice the same tank but with a better gun on the top tier one.

To be honest I'd like the allies to have at least something comparable. Like the Pershing

I am an allied player and have tried it countless times, training server or otherwise.  It simply doesn't work.  DAC is a different story.  Feel free to try it though and lemme know how it goes.  If there is a weakness I don't know about I would be glad to see it actually.

2#er does just under 74mm point blank, tiger is 80mm sides including the sap point.  That was at a 4* angle, about as flat on as you can get.

OK, I messed around on the training server again, with GREAT effort i was able to flame a tiger at about 50M side shot with 2lbr, was nearly down to HE before it popped and it's the exact area I was talking about, only from the side and it was leaning towards me by the end cause it was tracked.

Now yes, you can get it to smoke a bit from far out but killing it is a different story.  Same thing with the sherman, it's fairly easy to get it to start smoking but it's very far away and hard to follow it up unless you are within 300 or so.  You really want a video I can provide one, but suffice to say you have to be really close and shoot it a ton, and it gets tricky cause you can't get through the upper hull like at all so you are relying on the area on the skirt.  You are almost better off trying to kill off the crew with spall for a forced despawn explosion imo.

First shot killed his driver and gunner.   How do I know? Because that's dm79 and we talk often. 

4 hours ago, merlin51 said:

It is closer to the M3 towed atg they will get than the 2pdr is.
M3 isnt much to jump up and down about.

make that an MLE 1937 and it could find a spot to assassinate most of the armor units in the entire game within 150m.

The m3 is the same gun pretty much as the gun on the Stuart. Light years difference between the 25mm.

I have killed the tiger with the 2pdr atg on the training server, it is possible shooting the lower hull.  That being said I have yet to ever do it on the live server a I have tried several times.  

20 minutes ago, stankyus said:

I have killed the tiger with the 2pdr atg on the training server, it is possible shooting the lower hull.  That being said I have yet to ever do it on the live server a I have tried several times.  

It's not easy.

It's nice when you do, but the affect on gameplay is negligible.  I went through stats quickly and counted 22 kills on tigers by 2lbers or 2lber armed vehicles, plus the mle37. 

With the amount of tigers available daily, that's a meaningless amount. 

Edited by moe5000

Geez, an advance communication on changes in game and my thread gets hijacked about 20mm atgs lol

2 minutes ago, BLKHWK8 said:

Geez, an advance communication on changes in game and my thread gets hijacked about 20mm atgs lol

Inevitably every topic eventually boils down to axis vs. allied equipment banter ;)

I am guilty of doing it, just can't resist!