• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Blkhwk8

Changes scheduled for Friday's Maintenance 4/20/18

94 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, BLKHWK8 said:

Geez, an advance communication on changes in game and my thread gets hijacked about 20mm atgs lol

welcome to to the forums...

21 minutes ago, BLKHWK8 said:

Geez, an advance communication on changes in game and my thread gets hijacked about 20mm atgs lol

I'm from the internet, I shall be your guide. 

1 hour ago, BLKHWK8 said:

Hey hey hey!
Hand it back buddy, you're short changing us 5mm.

Man these command types, always short changing an enlisted guy
:P

1 hour ago, stankyus said:

That being said I have yet to ever do it on the live server a I have tried several times.  

Hehe just made me think of this...

A group of soldiers go out into the field to go tiger hunting.
The first morning out, Stankus goes out on his own.
He comes to a clearing on a hill overlooking a field and sees a tiger slowly strolling across the field. He gets the tiger in his 2pdr sites and fires.
He then looks all around, but he can't find the tiger.

All of a sudden, he feels a tap on his shoulder. He turns around, and there's the tiger.
The tiger knocks him off the 2pdr, and Stankyus stands there shaking in his boots.

The tiger yells at him, saying he's sick and tired of being shot at and gives Stankyus an ultimatum.
The tigertells him that he can either drop to his knees and blow him, or the tiger will eat his face.

Stankyus immediately drops to his knees and obliges the tiger.
The tiger walks away contented and Stankyus find his way back to the FB.

The next morning, Stankus takes an MLE 1934 with him and goes to the same place he saw the tiger before.
And sure enough, there was the tiger strolling across the field again.
Stankyus gets all excited, gets the tiger in his sites and shoots!
He looks all around, but there is no tiger.
All of a sudden he feels a tap on his shoulder again.
He turns around, and, surprise, there's the tiger.
The tiger looks at him, knocks him off the gun, and says,''You know the routine.''

Stankyus drops to his knees and obliges the tiger again.
When he's done, the tiger rolls away smoking a cigarette and Stankyus stumbles back to the FB.

Stankyus is all p1ssed off now.
He grabs the biggest T0 gun he can find and heads to the same spot again.
And sure enough, there is the tiger strolling across the field again.
He gets the tiger in his sites, and says to himself, ''Now this tiger's gonna fuggin' get it!''
He pulls the trigger and, "Ka-BOOM!"
He looks all over again, but no tiger.

Then, just as before, he feels the same tap at his shoulder.
He turns around, there's the tiger standing there with a big smirk on his face.
He looks down at Stankyus and says, ''You're not in this for the hunting are you?'''

Edited by merlin51
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, choad said:

Inevitably every topic eventually boils down to axis vs. allied equipment banter ;)

I am guilty of doing it, just can't resist!

Sometimes it does matter, when the imbalance is glaring. 

Other times, like the 2lber vs tiger, meh. That's just people griping. 

I ain't even going to quote Merlins post, lol.  The only person getting blown..

away is me. I will one day get my tiger kill with a 2pdr. A legit kill. It will make my day.

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, stankyus said:

I ain't even going to quote Merlins post, lol.

Sorry it made me think of the bear joke, so i figured your own personalized version :D

7 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

Be proud it holded for about 20 minutes, some don't last 20 seconds! :)

I ain't even going to quote Merlins post, lol.  The only person getting blown..

away is me. I will one day get my tiger kill with a 2pdr. A legit kill. It will make my day.

Not on MY Tiger that's for sur.

Edited by kuronyra

On 4/21/2018 at 1:03 PM, merlin51 said:

the 25mm? Eh it is what it is. That's what the french had, axis had pak36

Lol hahahahaha... the French got rolled over too!

On 4/21/2018 at 9:04 PM, merlin51 said:

Hey hey hey!
Hand it back buddy, you're short changing us 5mm.

Man these command types, always short changing an enlisted guy
:P

Hehe just made me think of this...

A group of soldiers go out into the field to go tiger hunting.
The first morning out, Stankus goes out on his own.
He comes to a clearing on a hill overlooking a field and sees a tiger slowly strolling across the field. He gets the tiger in his 2pdr sites and fires.
He then looks all around, but he can't find the tiger.

All of a sudden, he feels a tap on his shoulder. He turns around, and there's the tiger.
The tiger knocks him off the 2pdr, and Stankyus stands there shaking in his boots.

The tiger yells at him, saying he's sick and tired of being shot at and gives Stankyus an ultimatum.
The tigertells him that he can either drop to his knees and blow him, or the tiger will eat his face.

Stankyus immediately drops to his knees and obliges the tiger.
The tiger walks away contented and Stankyus find his way back to the FB.

The next morning, Stankus takes an MLE 1934 with him and goes to the same place he saw the tiger before.
And sure enough, there was the tiger strolling across the field again.
Stankyus gets all excited, gets the tiger in his sites and shoots!
He looks all around, but there is no tiger.
All of a sudden he feels a tap on his shoulder again.
He turns around, and, surprise, there's the tiger.
The tiger looks at him, knocks him off the gun, and says,''You know the routine.''

Stankyus drops to his knees and obliges the tiger again.
When he's done, the tiger rolls away smoking a cigarette and Stankyus stumbles back to the FB.

Stankyus is all p1ssed off now.
He grabs the biggest T0 gun he can find and heads to the same spot again.
And sure enough, there is the tiger strolling across the field again.
He gets the tiger in his sites, and says to himself, ''Now this tiger's gonna fuggin' get it!''
He pulls the trigger and, "Ka-BOOM!"
He looks all over again, but no tiger.

Then, just as before, he feels the same tap at his shoulder.
He turns around, there's the tiger standing there with a big smirk on his face.
He looks down at Stankyus and says, ''You're not in this for the hunting are you?'''

Love love this joke

21 hours ago, kuronyra said:

Be proud it holded for about 20 minutes, some don't last 20 seconds! :)

Not on MY Tiger that's for sur.

fear LittleJohn

On 4/21/2018 at 7:56 PM, BLKHWK8 said:

How much info can you give us on timers? Of course it got hijacked. 

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:09 PM, merlin51 said:

Sorry it made me think of the bear joke, so i figured your own personalized version :D

UK Army Apr 22 17:58 - 18:34   hotrod   (Tiger)    Sains-Richaumont Sains-Richaumont-Marle Depot   Attack QF 2pdr     109 5 1 0 KIA 35

Kills Captures FB Busts Units Hit

Apr 22 18:05 raydr (Pz IV G)
Apr 22 18:14 django75 (Opel)
Apr 22 18:15 hcz2018 (StuG III G)
Apr 22 18:24 edm77 (Opel)
Apr 22 18:33 aoservice (DE Lt Mortar)

I Tried - look what kilt me.

Unless things have changed the only reliable kill shot on a tiger with a 2 pounder or mle37 is at a perfect side shot, above the tracks, and below the track guards.  The lower hull is only 60mm.  But most is covered by road wheels and tracks.

We're talking a target a couple of inches high.  A tough target at any range, and if you get too close in say, a DAC, the downward angle means you won't penetrate.

I've never managed it from more than  100m away, and even then it typically requires multiple shots and a really dumb tiger driver.

The pak 36 retains becomes more useful in later tiers because the average armour level of the tanks it faces actually drops.  Couple that with the current highly over optimistic [read : completely made up] penetration stats assigned to it, and yeah.  It's a significant danger to a sherman, while a B1 bis can pretty much ignore it.

the 2PDR ATG might, maybe get you a fatal fire caused by spall to the fuel tank, and that is going to have to be very close range.
It just does not have the penetration on standard plain AP

MLE 1937 on the other hand, is a little bundle of nastiness
Lower hull it will punch right through like nothing and since at under 100m it can penetrate in excess of 80mm,
It isnt an ATG you can just ignore, not even in a tiger.

Shame it didnt fit in the french tank turrets

It would have to be lower hull under 400m and nothing but net. dead on and not hit suspension. 

15 minutes ago, OLDZEKE said:

It would have to be lower hull under 400m and nothing but net. dead on and not hit suspension. 

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

the 2PDR ATG might, maybe get you a fatal fire caused by spall to the fuel tank, and that is going to have to be very close range.
It just does not have the penetration on standard plain AP

MLE 1937 on the other hand, is a little bundle of nastiness
Lower hull it will punch right through like nothing and since at under 100m it can penetrate in excess of 80mm,
It isnt an ATG you can just ignore, not even in a tiger.

Shame it didnt fit in the french tank turrets

Near point blank with several shots can get the Tiger to burn... Like I said, I have done it on the training server but never on the live one.  Moz has killed at least one Tiger with the MLe37.  I have tried but I don't recall ever doing it.  I know I have tracked them close up with it.. 100m or less its pretty much a single shot tracking.

8 minutes ago, OLDZEKE said:

For which? 2pdr?
I have to darned near stick the 2pdr through the tiger, to get any semi guarantee of spall in a way that will take down the entire tank
Spalling the driver does not help much, gunner just gets mad and yells at you in area chat.

Getting the 2pdr 24 inches away from the tiger is the hard part, some guy with a rifle always wants to shoot you :angry:

19 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

For which? 2pdr?
I have to darned near stick the 2pdr through the tiger, to get any semi guarantee of spall in a way that will take down the entire tank
Spalling the driver does not help much, gunner just gets mad and yells at you in area chat.

Getting the 2pdr 24 inches away from the tiger is the hard part, some guy with a rifle always wants to shoot you :angry:

It's not the distance that matters so much.  Anything under a hundred meters would probably be in with a chance.  The trouble is the tiny target area to hit with something that isn't really a precision weapon, and the angle really does have to be perfect.  If you manage a complete penetration, then gunner/commander/loader legs are all possible.  As is spall hitting all of the above and possibly even the far side ammo racks.  The driver/hull gunner are better targets.  They sit lower in front of the largest target area.  [The gap above the tracks is bigger towards the front of the tank].

The chances of spall through the upper hull sides and turret is very low indeed.

2 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

For which? 2pdr?

The 2pdr.  Took a lot of ammo from about 20' Any closer it did not seem to work for me. I think because you have to raise the barrel height which increased the armor thickness. My theory at least. The other issue is that you can accidently blow the engine, if that happens you are not going to burn the tank what so ever. I think we spent just over 2 hours or so figuring it all out. Not every time we ventured to do it after a success where you able to repeat that success so my thinking is that the margin for error on the 2pdrs part is very small. The 2pdr can track the Tiger with 2 shots point blank and sometimes 1 shot if you aimed at the lower tread close to the ground dead center, not always a given but from time to time possible.  Now also for full discloser, its been 5-6 years ago, possibly longer and things could have changed.

Similar to the pak36 vrs the Sherman.  We spent hours figuring how to kill a Sherman with the Pak36, which was possible from about 30m to the lower flank about center under the turret. Any further would general get you dead.  Actually killing the driver was harder but doable.  Things have somewhat changed since then.  There is always change.. the most recent seems to be the off road speeds of the M10 and Stu. They are slower than they used to be and somewhat slower on road.  I have not checked the on road speed but they seem slower there also. I need to do a test. The M10 used to be able to 50kph on the road and the Stu almost 60kph and about 30kph off road on flat terrain.