• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
imded

GENERAL discussion

26 posts in this topic

This is GENERAL discussion.

Why do I see others that are NOT Generals discussing things in this FORUM?

I mean really.

S!

If you're talking about award threads, thats because some of the playerbase are f2p. Rest are nothing but "general". Why does it bother you that much anyway?

e. Im an idiot

Edited by gretnine

1 hour ago, gretnine said:

If you're talking about award threads, thats because some of the playerbase are f2p. Rest are nothing but "general". Why does it bother you that much anyway?

I think he means the rank.. “General”

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, SCKING said:

I think he means the rank.. “General”

Oh yeah. Read it without realizing. Duh. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, imded said:

This is GENERAL discussion.

Why do I see others that are NOT Generals discussing things in this FORUM?

I mean really.

S!

I like that this thread subtly highlights the absurdity of 99% of players being Colonels

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Silky said:

I like that this thread subtly highlights the absurdity of 99% of players being Colonels

Says the brig general

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

Says the brig general

I am part of the only section of the game where rank is associated with additional abilities and responsibilities for shaping game play. HC is the only part of the game where rank does as it is intended

4 minutes ago, Silky said:

HC is the only part of the game where rank does as it is commanded.

Get me a coffee HC

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Silky said:

I'll get you a shunt

You can shove that attitude up your shunt.

I need my coffee.

3 people like this

20 minutes ago, Silky said:

I am part of the only section of the game where rank is associated with additional abilities and responsibilities for shaping game play. HC is the only part of the game where rank does as it is intended

:rolleyes:

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, lipton said:

:rolleyes:

I’m not saying the HC system works, just that the rank element within HC works 

2 hours ago, Silky said:

If all the players under you are colonels, that means you have no privates. :D

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Sudden said:

You can shove that attitude up your shunt.

I need my coffee.

I think the issue has more to do with shunts than coffee, colonels or generals. There can be major issues if you are too much of a shunt. The 'no privates' comment seems to apply here. 

Related image

32 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Did OT plan a mild invasion here today? :) 

No. We're just working on some OT Policy Updates and needed to 'research' what the shunts in other forums are doing. Other than the 'Harbour' that is - awaiting the spelling fix for that in 1.36. For more you can get all the details by visiting OT here: 

19 hours ago, biggles4 said:

If all the players under you are colonels, that means you have no privates. :D

I for one will not check to see if he has any privates.

1 person likes this

As an LtCol for 15 years plus. I think just for putting the time in I should be able to rank up. Non HC should be able to get to 3rd level General. Maybe with some other kind

of symbol for rank that differentiates from the HC General rank.

BTW, the HC are handed a General rank, whereas the PB has to EARN IT. So, the PB would be REAL Generals as in comparison to the HC Generals who are paper Generals.

CRS the PB need to be able to continue up in ranks.  It gives us something more to look forward to.

That's my story and Im sticking to it. S!

HC are the PB as well.. They pay their subscription like all other subscribed players pay. 

1 person likes this

We have rank in this game?  Ive had that circle so long I thought it was my premium subscriber in game avatar.

:P

57 minutes ago, bmw said:

We have rank in this game?  Ive had that circle so long I thought it was my premium subscriber in game avatar.

I thought it was a lifetime free sub once you get the donut, my bad.

1 hour ago, SCKING said:

HC are the PB as well.. They pay their subscription like all other subscribed players pay. 

Yes they are PB, but they can get to Gen. from a Sgt. and be promoted thru HC but not thru earning points. Sorry you took offense.

One put the time in, the killings, etc. to get there. HC on the other hand passes out rank. Not the same thing.

36 minutes ago, imded said:

Yes they are PB, but they can get to Gen. from a Sgt. and be promoted thru HC but not thru earning points. Sorry you took offense.

One put the time in, the killings, etc. to get there. HC on the other hand passes out rank. Not the same thing.

Shows how one can gain more rank in this game if that's what one is desiring.. I didn't take offense, just reminding that even though HC are willing to step up and take a leadership role in the game's orbat, they are also a part of the player base. I am sure there are similar complaints in the real military when they see a young lieutenant or captain.

6 hours ago, imded said:

As an LtCol for 15 years plus. I think just for putting the time in I should be able to rank up. Non HC should be able to get to 3rd level General. Maybe with some other kind

of symbol for rank that differentiates from the HC General rank.

BTW, the HC are handed a General rank, whereas the PB has to EARN IT. So, the PB would be REAL Generals as in comparison to the HC Generals who are paper Generals.

CRS the PB need to be able to continue up in ranks.  It gives us something more to look forward to.

That's my story and Im sticking to it. S!

Almost all HC have lt col before joining HC I think? I know some who were low rank before joining but I think the majority already were as high a rank as the non-hc game allows you to get

Edited by catfive