black5

Player locator

11 posts in this topic

You what might be good is a world map with a player locator. It could be voluntary and show where our people live. We could load more info too so the rats could see their customer demographics better too. 

I could see its use if restricted to show those that are logged into the game and is constantly updated live.

I think it could be used a number of ways. It might help build a tighter cohesion among players. 

we had this once upon a time with google earth (kind of), a few thousand of us built a 'map' of where we lived on it.  Wasn't live, but was interesting to look at. 

19 hours ago, B2K said:

we had this once upon a time with google earth (kind of), a few thousand of us built a 'map' of where we lived on it.  Wasn't live, but was interesting to look at. 

A few thousand built it or participated on it? Lol is that something that could be built and added to the forums? Did you guys link it to the wwiionline pages somehow? One of the things I notice is how often people here bicker about anything and everything. For such a small community I would have hoped it would have gotten tighter in my absence. And maybe in some ways it has.. all I know is I believe in the game concepts always have since the beginning and probability always will. Attracting players doesn’t seem hard... it’s keeping them 

1 hour ago, black5 said:

A few thousand built it or participated on it? Lol is that something that could be built and added to the forums? Did you guys link it to the wwiionline pages somehow? One of the things I notice is how often people here bicker about anything and everything. For such a small community I would have hoped it would have gotten tighter in my absence. And maybe in some ways it has.. all I know is I believe in the game concepts always have since the beginning and probability always will. Attracting players doesn’t seem hard... it’s keeping them 

Both - there were a few different versions floating around that people would add their coordinates to and pass along.  Over time those merged into one.  It was never linked to the wwii pages.  

4 hours ago, black5 said:

traded KMS files and pinned eachother was what some of us did, and then you could export and share all the pins
might have been something more glamorous too, but thats all i had

Would something like that be a huge manpower cost to somehow intergrate into the community either by forums or main page? And then players who wanted to could add or select to have some of their info added...

As it happens, I still have the Google Earth KMZ file of my old Allied squad on my HD.

There were about a thousand of us on the WWII file, but sadly I don't have that one.

Here's the link to the original thread