moe5000

Need to get rid of the HC system

86 posts in this topic

All too often there's no HC on for one side.  It's a broken system, it needs to go.

Actually the solution is more people need to volunteer at present. 

It's not a hard job by any means, it simply requires one to grow a thick skin, and be a bit open to taking criticism (sometimes from morons...) 

2 people like this

No, it's not, unless you give free subs to people willing to do the JOB of being HC. 

I kinda agree that a change need to be made. Keep in mind that I have NEVER done HC before and the simple possibility of me doing it SCARE ME because of all the things it implies. I don't what what or how it should change, but I think the system isn't efficient like it used too with the low population.

Decrease subscription rate for active HC leaders 

2 people like this

I think we're all aware that there are dysfunctions, and also that there has been a repeated message concerning the changes to the system as and when 1.36 is delivered. Removing it "today" is frankly impossible.

1 person likes this

Lets see the current situation: The map is veeeery stable. Despite few HCs, the ones in have far less problems with flags than in the past just cause all the frontline is normally covered.

That should slowly attract people that want to coordinate and plan the AOs with squads. The field leaders.

I would give to this situation a pair of more months and see if hc numbers increase or not. Maybe those that loved the flag move game will go, maybe those that just wanted to act as tactical leaders will come back, maybe we will lose all the officers... who knows.

Anyway, I am not seeing that not having hc right now is creating a major problem as in the past.

!S

5 people like this

I agree Fiambre.  

With so many flags (and abundant supply) on the map and both sides seeming to take more care to have proper fallbacks - I see the lack of HC on having even less of an impact than in previous camps.  Add to that 1 AO most of the day now....

Volunteer OIC's and Reserve Korps HC are the answer.  These guys can change AO's and that's what's really missing when no HC on.

Axis HC will be rolling a new Reserve Officer Korps in the next 30 days.  It will be a great way to "ease" into HC  :)

S!

The problem isn't too much based on lack of HC,sure we both sides could use more but the new timers mean there is little movement.

Yes there are times when both sides have 0 HC on but the biggest problem is the lack of players to actually lead on an AO or DO.

Squads are very low on active members and without them you can't plan anything properly, which is why 99% of ao's fail. The ones that do work is down to 0 response on 1 side or just simple overpop on 1 side.

When 1.36 hits, we will have town based supply. Then we will need minimal use for HC.

The bleeding of members needs to stop some how... we can attract player all day but if we can’t keep em we have a problem. One day some one else is going to grab this idea and do it right so it works “ whatever that is” let’s hope it’s this game and not some other. One thing is for sure it once worked and had huge numbers and now... eh. So what worked, and once we attract a new player or old one how do we get them to stay?

I am for free game play while in service for HC.

maybe we need to build advertising billboards all over Europe lol

Do the rats, or have they ever done any real data research on what kind of people play? Why they start, why they stay and why they leave? I’m not sure this game is for the typical gamer, maybe we need to look I. a-typical places too

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Zebbeee said:

Decrease subscription rate for active HC leaders 

When a campaign is over, let the playerbase on each site vote 3-5 candidates for free subs for the duration of the next campaign ;)

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, black5 said:

Do the rats, or have they ever done any real data research on what kind of people play? Why they start, why they stay and why they leave? 

I'm sure there is a ton a data from Steam.  One could go through the reviews and see exactly why:  subscription, graphics, controls, population, etc etc.

13 hours ago, moe5000 said:

No, it's not, unless you give free subs to people willing to do the JOB of being HC. 

it is most definitely a part time job

7 hours ago, gassault said:

The problem isn't too much based on lack of HC,sure we both sides could use more but the new timers mean there is little movement.

Yes there are times when both sides have 0 HC on but the biggest problem is the lack of players to actually lead on an AO or DO.

Squads are very low on active members and without them you can't plan anything properly, which is why 99% of ao's fail. The ones that do work is down to 0 response on 1 side or just simple overpop on 1 side.

Thats why some squad mergers need to happen.

1 hour ago, rendusp said:

I'm sure there is a ton a data from Steam.  One could go through the reviews and see exactly why:  subscription, graphics, controls, population, etc etc.

I wish I could see that data... but I’m not sure the steam population is going to tell enough of the story.

2 hours ago, rendusp said:

During steam greentags were getting spawnkilled and walking 1-3km.

There was only 1 (very far) spawn up in the months preceding and during steam. I provided simple data, even spawning into the game would confirm it.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see there's a problem with the FMS, wether the rats or players are at fault doesn't matter....

There was only 1 FMS. Even now there unreasonably difficult to get up and going.

2 hours ago, black5 said:

I wish I could see that data... but I’m not sure the steam population is going to tell enough of the story.

I doubt the steam data would really be representative of the ww2 online community-- it would represent the Steam community.

Steam is a community of gamers- they bounce around from game to game.

I have been playing this game for 10 years- it is the only one i play.  I am not a gamer-- this is a hobby, an experience- I suspect there are plenty of long time players who are the same.

But gathering data about the current player base is a very good idea.

4 people like this

Nothing changes if we still have unbalanced sides. I'm fed up and sick of it. 

8 hours ago, catfive said:

it is most definitely a part time job

This is why it BOGGLES my mind that they don't even offer a discount to HC members. Not even a discount lol, for making their game playable.  Without the HC in the current game system, there is no game, yet there is absolutely no incentive to join the HCs. 

4 hours ago, blakeh said:

.But gathering data about the current player base is a very good idea.

That shouldn’t take long.  

I've eyed this game for over 2 years. Every single time it is promoted whether it be twitch, youtube, or steam the #1 complaint is the manditory sub. It just sucks the life out of people. Dont ask me why, that's just the way it is. I'm sure I could put together a poll on steam and ask people why they dont join and stay and it will be the price and age. Not much mystery to it, just watch any big video about this game the first 3 most upvoted comments are about being sub based only.

Why invest hundreds of dollars a year in a unpopulated game when I can put that same money into the greatest mmos of all time (eve and wow) and eventually pay my sub with in game money.

If I want the war I play the other mmofps on market for free and pay the sub there and get tons of cammos and vehicle skins with it.

The big things that stand out about this game is its old, expensive and underpopulated for its massive map, all pretty damning if you're trying to market to new people

Edited by knucks

9 hours ago, blakeh said:

I am not a gamer-- this is a hobby, an experience- I suspect there are plenty of long time players who are the same.

best point. it actually is more of a ww2 hobby than a game by today's standards (both players and games),  and trying to market it or even compare it or judge it as the Steam Community does, as a game - it will lose it as per Knuck's points above. but hobbyists do spend money and don't expect stuff for free. 

not sure how you can expand the market - but there would probably be more interest in the broader WW2 hobbyist collector model memorabilia wargame groups than online gaming communities. its how a lot of napoleonic niche war games survive actually (ie. histwar, etc). 

Image result for ww2 hobbies

14 hours ago, blakeh said:

I doubt the steam data would really be representative of the ww2 online community-- it would represent the Steam community.

I have been playing this game for 10 years- it is the only one i play.  I am not a gamer-- this is a hobby, an experience- I suspect there are plenty of long time players who are the same.

But gathering data about the current player base is a very good idea.

Yeah I am in a similar boat I am not a gamer and this is the only game I have really played. While I hav t played much the last many years I did play a lot “for me” in the early years. And I agree the steam community data would not tell our story. I think we need to look outside our normal gamers sources for players. But at the same time we need to find ways to cultivate and keep the ones we get, knowing we can’t keep everyone but we should be able to keep more than we do. Maybe we need a slogan “the Non-gamer game” although I do know some on here are gamers.