Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kazee

Le Catelet Friday Night

11 posts in this topic

Just want to give a quick shout out to all the Allied player base on the attack last night at Le Catelet... that was one heck of a battle, and one of the best nights we have had all map.

Heavy EA and ET presence, and had the axis players running around all over town struggling to defend. Non-stop rushes on the bunker, massive waves of armor and had our Discord channel in fits to keep up...all the while being slightly underpop i think; so a big salute for going on the offensive, it was a great battle and excellent night of action.

Just know we had a lot of yelling going on our channel to try and keep up :) and we all admitted it was one of the best nights of action we have had this map

Hope to see more of it tonight S! attackers at Le Cat Friday night

We were having fun
Had a bunch of new guys that had joined my squad.
Had some air drops going for a bit until they became too fatal.

Got new guys into some tank action with multi crewing, sapping practice took place defending one of our FMS's
lot of dying happened but.

Then my internet went down :(  AGAIN!!  Yea looking at you AT&T!!

By the way, what was up with Mons?
They wasted every single piece of armor trying to attack the Soignies FB, even Tigers which they rolled up way too close
where the tigers could not maneuver and the slow turret speed kept them from hitting targets.

It was fun defending it but was very strange to see so many tank hulks within a 50m radius
tigers pziv's even stugs

Oh yes I forgot to mention the para drops that was going on too :o so much action it was hard to remember everything, kindof of blur now since my map was filled up with red marks everywhere hehe :P

Excellent battle and a great night of action and fun for everyone S! 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

By the way, what was up with Mons?

Actually I do not know what was going on there Merlin

Our Discord channel was on the defensive pretty much all night between Le Cat & Bavay, so not sure what happened at Mons

The most yelling we have had in awhile :huh: but everyone agreed one of the best nights of fun all map

1 hour ago, kazee said:

Oh yes I forgot to mention the para drops that was going on too :o so much action it was hard to remember everything, kindof of blur now since my map was filled up with red marks everywhere hehe :P

Excellent battle and a great night of action and fun for everyone S! 

Did anyone notice the emergency drop south of town? by south like 100m or so
C47 coming in hot, no engines, no landing gear, slid all the way up the road.

It didnt pan out obviously, but it was fun and all passengers survived the landing.
Was definitely the most adventurous drop of the night.
After that AA started spawning a lot and some Luftwaffe show up running CAP so the air drops got too dicey, last attempt we got blow out of the sky.

Yes the soignies / mons FB thing was wierd

I saw Cyyoung blow that C-47 out of the sky. To quote the famous line from Herbert Morrison during the broadcast of the Hindenburg Disaster "Oh the humanity!"

40 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

Did anyone notice the emergency drop south of town? by south like 100m or so
C47 coming in hot, no engines, no landing gear, slid all the way up the road.

It didnt pan out obviously, but it was fun and all passengers survived the landing.
Was definitely the most adventurous drop of the night.

Yes someone did alert town defenders about it, funny you mentioned this since at the time I was thinking it was a great location for para drop because 95% of us were either north or west, so it was a great plan 

21 minutes ago, rpw1 said:

I saw Cyyoung blow that C-47 out of the sky. To quote the famous line from Herbert Morrison during the broadcast of the Hindenburg Disaster "Oh the humanity!"

Heh one of my new squad mates, like 1st day in the game i think, rode the thing into the ground with me.
Pretty sure he had fun though, aside from faceplanting on your doorstep.

Hopefully they had enough fun to stick around :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0