• Announcements

    • HEAVY265

      Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

      Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
malvoc

Axis overpop

54 posts in this topic

Everytime I log in axis are overpop and allies cant even get an attack going I also noticed we only have 1 ao most of the time to is game gotten that bad ?? Why is no one playing allied and all axis???

I personally will not resub in game because all I can do is defend on allied side there are no attacks and no leadership... the way it looks population will be all axis soon...does anyone care or is game dead????

Malvoc out....

We need some axis players going allied to balance things out will any step up????

also please don't delete this thread =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Whips going Allied next camp.  And I think potthead starting to let me down gently that he might be waking up bongohead on the Allied side.

I'm sure it will balance out.... And yes 1 AO all the time sucks.  Funnels players to 2 objectives :(

S!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The few hours I was on we had no more than 5 players in the one and only AO. That's a problem.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is only so long that players will log in under the circumstances you're describing, Malvoc. Many are probably simply waiting until a new campaign starts to come back. Hopefully many will be back for the next campaign.

As far as the pop imbalance? Hopefully some day CRS will come up with something that does the job. But it's not just this game. In my experience, an overwhelming majority of players in every WWII game prefer to play Axis, thought I will never truly understand why. The reason that most people don't really see that is because of the match systems that most WWII games use. They tend to be short matches that don't matter, so people are a lot more willing to swap sides for 1/2 hour just so that there are enough on each side to start a match. Since we have long term campaigns, AND squads, many of whom are side based, the normal imbalance issue is very, very noticeable, as it has a long term impact.

S!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah i have had enough "fun" this campaign as well. My appetite for the same thing every single night has reached its limit.

At least one side was appeased with cap timer change. But, in all honesty i see why they changed it, at least something is happening now. I hate the idea of game mechanics proping up the inferior side artificially. To be honest - i say let the campaign fall like the rest rather than ratchet up gamey cap timers. At least that way the imbalance that exists is highlighted and isnt glossed over. The other option is super long campaigns where one side is sick of defending and the other is frustrated that they cant move maps. At least now one side is enjoying themselves.

I do agree, as it is now the map isnt really enjoyable to play at all, but no fear, it will be over in 2 days. 

The Allies will win one ... eventually ... but it stands to be seen whether it will be a meaningful change or a pitty campaign.

As for me, my primary beef involves another game "dynamic" which i cant get into otherwise this post will surely be removed. Taking a break as well. Will check-in with my second account to be sure. S!

Edited by choad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Several questions have come up.

  1. Axis joining the Allied side: Unfortunately they rejoin the Axis side when Tier 3 + 4 arrive. So with the fire power they have they win the map. Looks like soon to be number 6 in a row.
  2. To solving the imbalance. F2P (like in most other games) should join the underpop side when they come into the game. These people are NOT PAYING TO PLAY, so they shouldn't have much say in the matter.
  3. And/or you (paying players)  should only have a choice of switching sides 2x.  1 to see what the other side is like and 1 to go back to your original choice on a per map basis.

These are simple fixes and yes some people are not going to like it no matter what is suggested. But it is simple. Just will make you think what side you go on.

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, imded said:

 

  1. Axis joining the Allied side: Unfortunately they rejoin the Axis side when Tier 3 + 4 arrive. So with the fire power they have they win the map. Looks like soon to be number 6 in a row.

 

........but leave their 2nd account logged in allied to get the drop on AO's and FB busts - MUHAHAHAHA~!

9 minutes ago, imded said:

Several questions have come up.

  1. Axis joining the Allied side: Unfortunately they rejoin the Axis side when Tier 3 + 4 arrive. So with the fire power they have they win the map. Looks like soon to be number 6 in a row.
  2. To solving the imbalance. F2P (like in most other games) should join the underpop side when they come into the game. These people are NOT PAYING TO PLAY, so they shouldn't have much say in the matter.
  3. And/or you (paying players)  should only have a choice of switching sides 2x.  1 to see what the other side is like and 1 to go back to your original choice on a per map basis.

These are simple fixes and yes some people are not going to like it no matter what is suggested. But it is simple. Just will make you think what side you go on.

 

 

In all honesty I do agree with points #2 and #3. Especially #2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, malvoc said:

Everytime I log in axis are overpop and allies cant even get an attack going I also noticed we only have 1 ao most of the time to is game gotten that bad ?? Why is no one playing allied and all axis???

I personally will not resub in game because all I can do is defend on allied side there are no attacks and no leadership... the way it looks population will be all axis soon...does anyone care or is game dead????

Malvoc out....

We need some axis players going allied to balance things out will any step up????

also please don't delete this thread =)

The camp has gone on how long? The Allies were holding/taking their own for a long time. Then they lost a couple towns in primetime and gave up.  It's not been an axis steamroller till the last week at most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, haupt said:

The camp has gone on how long? The Allies were holding/taking their own for a long time. Then they lost a couple towns in primetime and gave up.  It's not been an axis steamroller till the last week at most.

I don't want to undercut the effort allied players put in - especially our HC. However - it must be noted that there were some pretty significant cap timer changes put into place to try and combat imbalance. That can't be ignored.

Edited by choad
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cap timers have been a significant change. I think they are great, though room for improvement is needed in time.

i agree with goreblimey, tiger fatigue is and has been a huge problem since they massively unbalanced t3 with the turret speed increase and more than doubled thier numbers. They have more than 3k more sorties than the s76. After years of the balance wheel and observation of the impact of the tiger to the game ... we go back to the same issue.  You hear it all the time on discord and chat - I'm outa-here.  It's having the predicted results. I have discussed this till I'm blue in the face, but you can't make a stubborn horse drink.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, montyuno said:

Tiger Fatigue....? 

Flippen hilarious.....

Cheers Monty..

Huh? I like your style though - speaking two words at a time.

Edited by choad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, montyuno said:

Tiger Fatigue....? 

Flippen hilarious.....

Cheers Monty..

It Aint

Cheers Gore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To paraphrase Joker007 - the good ship WWIIOl allows its players to choose where they go. But that gives them the freedom to all rush to one side and capsize the boat 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Large squads create the imbalance- where they go dictates which side is over pop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blakeh said:

Large squads create the imbalance- where they go dictates which side is over pop

Don’t most squads play for a specific side?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Campaigns have rarely lasted more than 2 months since 2004.  The game isn’t designed to hold players that long

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, imded said:

Several questions have come up.

  1. Axis joining the Allied side: Unfortunately they rejoin the Axis side when Tier 3 + 4 arrive. So with the fire power they have they win the map. Looks like soon to be number 6 in a row.
  2. To solving the imbalance. F2P (like in most other games) should join the underpop side when they come into the game. These people are NOT PAYING TO PLAY, so they shouldn't have much say in the matter.
  3. And/or you (paying players)  should only have a choice of switching sides 2x.  1 to see what the other side is like and 1 to go back to your original choice on a per map basis.

These are simple fixes and yes some people are not going to like it no matter what is suggested. But it is simple. Just will make you think what side you go on.

 

 

In terms of extra firepower, that's largely debatable. The Axis have stronger armour later tiers, but the Allies have better armour in the early tiers. Later Allied tanks are also more numerous, and Axis don't really have equivalent to tanks like the Stuart which is very agile for example. The Axis have the better LMG (high ROF with 50 round belt,) but the Allies have better rifles and SMGs (peep sights making them much easier to aim, faster firing rates, and stronger damage output.) Allies have superior aircraft. I've never seen there be a side imbalance, and I switch sides after campaigns.

I think the solution to side imbalance is probably side locking for each campaign, but I suspect this will likely also kill the playerbase numbers and that just makes the game crap for everybody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rule303 said:

In terms of extra firepower, that's largely debatable. The Axis have stronger armour later tiers, but the Allies have better armour in the early tiers. Later Allied tanks are also more numerous, and Axis don't really have equivalent to tanks like the Stuart which is very agile for example. The Axis have the better LMG (high ROF with 50 round belt,) but the Allies have better rifles and SMGs (peep sights making them much easier to aim, faster firing rates, and stronger damage output.) Allies have superior aircraft. I've never seen there be a side imbalance, and I switch sides after campaigns.

I think the solution to side imbalance is probably side locking for each campaign, but I suspect this will likely also kill the playerbase numbers and that just makes the game crap for everybody.

Well there are some ppl who actually chose to side swap particularly to play the underpop side.  One hour they are Axis the next they are fighting beside you.  Also the sticker price is for the ability to play the whole game, not just a particular side.

 

The earlier tiered armor is specific to T0 which lasts 6-10 days usually.  We are on RDP-11 where the vast majority of the map has been fought. 8 RDPs of Tigers in the game.  T0 is really not relevant and if the Axis players loath T0.. they would not last what so ever once T2 hits.  What you have essentially on the Allied side is THE hardcore ww20l player, that's the only reason why you all have allied players to fight. If the roles where reversed, the Axis would lose half their population and be down to the hardcore players... and I would bet they would have even less of a population after 5 losses then the allies do now.  I also bet the RATs would have reduced the allied equipment by now or increased the equipment on the Axis side.  That's where the bread and butter resides.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stankyus said:

Well there are some ppl who actually chose to side swap particularly to play the underpop side. 

Some squads switch sides for different reasons, just like some players switch, hardcore or not - its always good to see the other side. There's as many reasons and times to switch as there are players or squads. We've just done our first axis campaign, as a squad, since 2004.

Pym, CO
QoR - Queens Own Rifles of Canada
"Quality Object Removal When It's Most Needed"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rule303 said:

Axis don't really have equivalent to tanks like the Stuart

Speed wise, no.
In WWII i can think of 3 notable iconically fast tanks for our game countries
M3/5 Stuart, M18 tank destroyer and A17 Tetrarch

PZ38(t) though is kind of the axis Stuart though.
It lacks about 10 mph road speed on the stuart, but it is small, pretty agile, and has that high velocity 37mm czech gun
Not tit for tat, but in the earlier tiers it kind of fits the same role.

It's not an axis design though, and yea so nothing really comes down the pipe later that follows in the same vein
though the panther will be no slouch in speed, but even it wont be flying down the road at near 50mph

If you can ignore the near lack of armor, the 234 Puma might be considered to fill the role?
around 55mph and the gun has enough bang for close range hit N run.
It is not a tank, and even a stuart will take more of a hit but still, maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pym said:

Some squads switch sides for different reasons, just like some players switch, hardcore or not - its always good to see the other side. There's as many reasons and times to switch as there are players or squads. We've just done our first axis campaign, as a squad, since 2004.

Pym, CO
QoR - Queens Own Rifles of Canada
"Quality Object Removal When It's Most Needed"

Yes, I think its a very good thing for squads to take tours on the other side for a bit.  Keeps the game from becoming stale.  I think its also an excellent way to gain perspective AND its a great way to learn the weakness and strengths of the equipment.  I have pretty much extensive experience on both sides however things have changed. IE I played Axis up to I think the 4th map or so after the Allies had gotten the CH7.  I had taken a few tours on the allied side prior, but was pretty die hard Axis until I got bored.  So I missed playing Allied when the Sherman had the uber frontal turret armor, but got my dose of fighting Tigers with M10s and primarily Cru3s - few CH7s where ever available and at the time where suffering something like a 5:1 losses vrs the Tiger. I felt better being small with a better gun in the Cru3.  The CH3 did not come for a bit, nor had the S76 entered yet. Since then, we have had firewalls added, armor values corrected, top armor increased, tread and barrel damage threshold increased many times. Some new sites, some range reduction for rounds etc.  I have taken a few tours as Axis, the last time was a few years ago with AEF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

Speed wise, no.
In WWII i can think of 3 notable iconically fast tanks for our game countries
M3/5 Stuart, M18 tank destroyer and A17 Tetrarch

PZ38(t) though is kind of the axis Stuart though.
It lacks about 10 mph road speed on the stuart, but it is small, pretty agile, and has that high velocity 37mm czech gun
Not tit for tat, but in the earlier tiers it kind of fits the same role.

It's not an axis design though, and yea so nothing really comes down the pipe later that follows in the same vein
though the panther will be no slouch in speed, but even it wont be flying down the road at near 50mph

If you can ignore the near lack of armor, the 234 Puma might be considered to fill the role?
around 55mph and the gun has enough bang for close range hit N run.
It is not a tank, and even a stuart will take more of a hit but still, maybe?

The Stu used to hit almost 60KPH not MPH.  The M10 used to hit 50 KPH on the road.  I don't think that's the case anymore, they seem slower. I have to check again, however those are its historical top speeds on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.