• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
malvoc

Axis overpop

54 posts in this topic

That i am not sure because every time i drive on a road, someone explodes me, so i avoid them like the plague.
Im also probably guilty of not looking at the gauges much unless it's an airplane.
I never live long enough to run out of gas normally

22 hours ago, rule303 said:

In terms of extra firepower, that's largely debatable. The Axis have stronger armour later tiers, but the Allies have better armour in the early tiers. Later Allied tanks are also more numerous, and Axis don't really have equivalent to tanks like the Stuart which is very agile for example. The Axis have the better LMG (high ROF with 50 round belt,) but the Allies have better rifles and SMGs (peep sights making them much easier to aim, faster firing rates, and stronger damage output.) Allies have superior aircraft. I've never seen there be a side imbalance, and I switch sides after campaigns.

I think the solution to side imbalance is probably side locking for each campaign, but I suspect this will likely also kill the playerbase numbers and that just makes the game crap for everybody.

I just came back after 2-3 years, since my 13 year old son wanted to get to know my games I played when he was younger and I wanted to check it out again myself, but I always thought sidelock was a good idea. Maybe not make it mandatory, but optional and make a public counter so people can see how many are going Axis only, Allied only or play both sides. So 3 options to choose and you don't have to commit to 1 side only, but you can if you want to.

Forcing the free to play players to play the under populated side, I don't know, most of the time they will be cannon fodder only. The side that is over populated will already consist of more experienced players who won't have a hard time with a load of newbies running around on the under populated side.

CRS added an 11th division to the map to both sides.

at the start of a campaign the 11 divisions can be used very good to cover the whole frontline. as soon as the map moves W the 11 divs get more squeezed into a smaller frontline. that leads to endless supply battles like we know from old times when allies are down to England and their 3 french factory town areas. when the map moves E it will keep the frontline length for some time until you reach the links to Frankfurt. then it becomes the same.

TCMbXFD.png

this campaign was extremely long compared to the last 30 campaigns we had before. cant remember any campaign lasting this long over the last few years. it is fatigue in general that kicks into the game after some time. some players could/would play forever in this state/tier ... but many get bored because of it and want to have a fresh campaign with low tier stuff. i personally prefer Tier 0 and Tier 1 the most.

also from my personal experience i can tell you for sure that axis players are way more dedicated to their side and morale than the allies. for allies it is like: rush the town with tanks .. once we are out of tanks .. drop the AO and try same tactic at next target. rinse and repeat.

as someone already said allies tend to give up pretty fast once certain key towns fall => Antwerp - Brussels - Maubeuge - Sedan

Edited by undercova

Meh, i think that is too simple to say when Axis have 6 months of victory under their belt. It isn't fun getting rolled all the time. It is a game after all, not a job. No one is obligated to play if they are not having fun. It is human nature. Axis players and Allied players are no differennt at tgeir core. I have seen it on the Axis side before no doubt, it has just been a long time so maybe you forgot.

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, undercova said:

this campaign was extremely long compared to the last 30 campaigns we had before. cant remember any campaign lasting this long over the last few years.

the steam release campaign last sept/october was 71 days long -  think it was Campaign 140 - started July 19, 2017 and ended Sept 29th.  steam launch came in middle of that campaign which had a lot of fluid to Amiens and back movement before the Allied win. 

17 hours ago, dfiire said:

I will be allied this campaign

I will reserve my judgement as most Axis will leave the map and rejoin the Axis side around Tier 3 or 4.

2 hours ago, sorella said:

the steam release campaign last sept/october was 71 days long -  think it was Campaign 140 - started July 19, 2017 and ended Sept 29th.  steam launch came in middle of that campaign which had a lot of fluid to Amiens and back movement before the Allied win. 

The "Steam Map" was just that - a show for the Steam users keeping the map alive artificially..

You may have noticed, or not, that, for the first 5 weeks of the campaign, the map as well as pop went back and forth like someone pressing a button.

Allies steamroll East, reach the line Krefeld / Duren / Niederkassel & co (average AO time between 24 and 30 mins) - dance around for 2-3days there, AOing utter bollocks, then Axis suddenly OP

Axis steamrolls back, reach the line Ciney / Schilde / Bastogne again (average AO time 26-35) - then dancing around for 2-3 days there, couldnt cap anything anymore but didnt lose anything either then BAM - Allies OP again out of nowhere 20h a day

Allies steamroll back east to aforementioned line - Krefeld/Duren etcetcblah, Song and Dance - Button - back West

...repeat this about 3 more times until the Doughbois are on the map...and the Steam users ie 5 Weeks into the camp

Course it had to go this way since you couldnt present the Steam crowd with the shice thats tier 0-2, gotta show off the merikans and tigerz hence the song and dance for the first 5 weeks just to keep the map alive see-sawing back and forth on demand.

Yes, i was HC for those 5 weeks between 8-13h a day, once steam dropped in and flags were running out of stuff to spawn within 20mins and the general idiocy reached absurd levels i said fek it, im out, 5 weeks of büllshic is enough...

Edited by wehrmacht0

I completely agree with your observation wehrmacht. I have always thought some levers were getting pulled during that campaign to give the best possible first impression on steam

Levers? no levers.
Just a very large amount of as yet battle ineffective people, and lots of switching around sides to check everything out.
No man behind the green curtain.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

Levers? no levers.
Just a very large amount of as yet battle ineffective people, and lots of switching around sides to check everything out.
No man behind the green curtain.

Preview of the new GHC Uniforms for Campaign 153.

Related image

32 minutes ago, sorella said:

I've told them 1000 times, when guarding bunker, do not back your feet up into the walls
:( 

1 hour ago, sorella said:

Related image

Is that LordJim?

26 minutes ago, blakeh said:

Is that LordJim?

Not sure, can not see what color the dress is

I am going to say this as a player. I am not criticizing anyone, or the game...

BUT...

If I could have one true wish in the game, it would be that no one would ever swap from the side that they normally play, unless it's a personal thing for fun.
I do not think that when a large squad or even a bunch of individuals swap to a side that they would not otherwise play, that it helps the game.

Why?

Because it doesn't do the side that really needs help any good in the long run. Sure , it seems like a shot in the arm for morale... but it's short lived.
As an Allied player, I would love to play in a winning campaign (I have never done so), but I want to play in a campaign where, if the Allies win, it's the Allies and Squads that have chosen to play Allies because that's the side they want to play on.

I'm not a big sports guy, but I remember something that my Dad said to me once, after a friend tried to get him to bet on a baseball game, and offered him a spread or handicap... something like that. After turning the guy down flat, he said to me. "Remember this well, son. It doesn't  matter whether a team wins or loses a game; but if they don't really win on their own, they didn't win. If you ever bet, make sure it's an honest, straight up bet. If you take false odds, you might as well say that you don't believe that the team you're betting on can win, and if you don't believe in them why bet on them in the first place?."

I may sound like a jerk, but as long as we slap the swap bandaid, we will never really be forced into finding a real solution.

S!S!S!

>>>>>>>>>F2P Lock to Underpop<<<<<<<<<

It's not going to fix the whole problem, but it's a damn good start... and a damn site better than what we're dong right now. 

This timer stick and carrot crap is NEVER going to work. 

Follow the link to add to the chat.... if you pay 2 play and can post in the Barracks. lol

Edited by lipton

Dunno, if i got 50 and you got 10, it is not terribly fun on either side of the equation.
If i send over 20, then we each got 30 and can have a decent match.

5 minutes ago, lipton said:

>>>>>>>>>F2P Lock to Underpop<<<<<<<<<

That is great and all except i dont think f2p makes up a dominating share of our PB
When one side is massively OP, it's generally not a swarm of basic riflemen i see coming after me.

Edited by merlin51

3 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Dunno, if i got 50 and you got 10, it is not terribly fun on either side of the equation.
If i send over 20, then we each got 30 and can have a decent match.

That is great and all except i dont think f2p makes up a dominating share of our PB
When one side is massively OP, it's generally not a swarm of basic riflemen i see coming after me.

Warm bodies to check cp's are never a bad thing. As for me... I love using a rifle to defend the edge of town. 

And every rifle added to the under-pop side is one removed from the over-pop side.  So, it's a X2 effect for each one. 

And then lets talk about all the lame-azz vets that refuse to pony up with a paid sub. You think maybe, just maybe... they might be useful to the under-pop side? 

I'm not saying it's an insta-fix to the balance problem. I'm saying it's a step in the right direction. 

Edited by lipton

1 hour ago, lipton said:

And then lets talk about all the lame-azz vets that refuse to pony up with a paid sub. You think maybe, just maybe... they might be useful to the under-pop side? 

How big would you think that population of non paying vets is? 

*** How big would you think that population of non paying vets is? 

Might not be as small as thought.

There are those vets that are outright FPA now.

And, there are those vets that run 2nd accounts as FPA, that could no longer use them?

One issue, doesn't this bring up an issue with HERO accounts getting FPA to tow?  Their tow account could no longer log in with them if they played the over pop side.

However, I agree that this is worth trying;  locking FPA to under pop side - I believe it has a lot more merits than cons.

Also wouldn't have to be strictly 50/50 lock, maybe only lock at 52/48 and over... leaving some leeway.

Rifles are excellent for defence, and defence is better suited for F2P because they don't have to run as far to get to CP's and where the action is at. Forcing F2P players to an underpop side I think is an excellent idea indeed.

4 hours ago, Quincannon said:

I am going to say this as a player. I am not criticizing anyone, or the game...

BUT...

If I could have one true wish in the game, it would be that no one would ever swap from the side that they normally play, unless it's a personal thing for fun.
I do not think that when a large squad or even a bunch of individuals swap to a side that they would not otherwise play, that it helps the game.

Why?

Because it doesn't do the side that really needs help any good in the long run. Sure , it seems like a shot in the arm for morale... but it's short lived.
As an Allied player, I would love to play in a winning campaign (I have never done so), but I want to play in a campaign where, if the Allies win, it's the Allies and Squads that have chosen to play Allies because that's the side they want to play on.

I'm not a big sports guy, but I remember something that my Dad said to me once, after a friend tried to get him to bet on a baseball game, and offered him a spread or handicap... something like that. After turning the guy down flat, he said to me. "Remember this well, son. It doesn't  matter whether a team wins or loses a game; but if they don't really win on their own, they didn't win. If you ever bet, make sure it's an honest, straight up bet. If you take false odds, you might as well say that you don't believe that the team you're betting on can win, and if you don't believe in them why bet on them in the first place?."

I may sound like a jerk, but as long as we slap the swap bandaid, we will never really be forced into finding a real solution.

S!S!S!

I'd get too bored staying dedicated to Axis side. It was boring as hell enough as it was being locked to Axis when I used to be part of GHC a few years back and when I was with the FF. I would rather switch it around each campaign swapping sides to experience the game from both ends. Allies and Axis have significantly different tactics and playstyles, which is mandated by their equipment differences. Allies for example have generally through all tiers a distinct advantage of having better air equipment and more numerous tanks, so their strategy often relies over Air Superiority to allow DB-7 and Havoc swarms (Axis have no equivalent to either of these) that can devastate ZOC's very easily, and ensuring that they lock CPs with tanks. Axis strategies in contrast tend to rely on infantry to lock CPs down more (MG34 is a beast) and focusing on using tanks to neutralise specifically other tanks to protect their infantry. Allies also tend to be better suited for FMS hunting, and their ordinary infantry equipment is better (Allies have better rifles, better sights on their SMGs with higher firing rates.)

11 hours ago, imded said:

I will reserve my judgement as most Axis will leave the map and rejoin the Axis side around Tier 3 or 4.

What about side lock?   The first time you log on a new map u pick a side...   u then are locked to that for the entire map... if one side starts filling up more than the other.. fig out a reward system for those who chose the underpop??

I go to the underpop side most often. I have more targets to shoot at altough I regret my survivability is lower because of the lack of teamplay. 

6 man sticking together can hold 20 lonewolve (not meaning 5 tigers and a LMG as that would be 70 ^^)

fix the teamplay and population number and balance won’t be issues any longer. Repeating myself for 15 years :P

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, undercova said:

CRS added an 11th division to the map to both sides.

at the start of a campaign the 11 divisions can be used very good to cover the whole frontline. as soon as the map moves W the 11 divs get more squeezed into a smaller frontline. that leads to endless supply battles like we know from old times when allies are down to England and their 3 french factory town areas. when the map moves E it will keep the frontline length for some time until you reach the links to Frankfurt. then it becomes the same.

TCMbXFD.png

this campaign was extremely long compared to the last 30 campaigns we had before. cant remember any campaign lasting this long over the last few years. it is fatigue in general that kicks into the game after some time. some players could/would play forever in this state/tier ... but many get bored because of it and want to have a fresh campaign with low tier stuff. i personally prefer Tier 0 and Tier 1 the most.

also from my personal experience i can tell you for sure that axis players are way more dedicated to their side and morale than the allies. for allies it is like: rush the town with tanks .. once we are out of tanks .. drop the AO and try same tactic at next target. rinse and repeat.

as someone already said allies tend to give up pretty fast once certain key towns fall => Antwerp - Brussels - Maubeuge - Sedan

It's interesting that you mention the map. I will say the map's design actually makes it very easy - perhaps too easy - for the Allies to get cutoff in the south. They are forced to withdraw their lines northwards from Mourmelon/Val-de-Vesle sector if there's a push anywhere around the centre, which risks cutting off their south entirely very quickly. Usually from experience, this is how most Axis campaigns are won. If they added more towns to make the map more square with even distance both ways to go, that would make balance a hell of a lot more easier. Besides, I'd like to have the opportunity to blow up the Eiffel Tower. :D

Edited by rule303