Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sajuk

Dual GPU

9 posts in this topic

Did BGE Support dual GPU cards?

I mean not Sli or crosffire Systems, i mean cards with two gpu Chips on the same card.

2 GPU on same board is still basically self SLI

The game does not specifically do any kind of SLI specific optimization
Many game engines do not.
Not enough demand in the market i guess, as unless you go bleeding edge on the GPU you are choosing (Meaning $$$)
you will be able to surpass it for less cash outlay with a single higher end GPU and not have scaling issues and tweeking issues etc.

Yeah i feared that BGE not Support this.

My other old games like "Age of Empire 2 anf Dune2000" work fine with a dual GPU only Dungeon Keeper 1 and BGE looks like not Support this.

I think i must give only for BGE the free dual GPU gift from a friend back.

Really sad....

On 5/10/2018 at 7:49 PM, sajuk said:

Yeah i feared that BGE not Support this.

My other old games like "Age of Empire 2 anf Dune2000" work fine with a dual GPU only Dungeon Keeper 1 and BGE looks like not Support this.

I think i must give only for BGE the free dual GPU gift from a friend back.

Really sad....

It is not that the game wont work fine.
Just that the game, like many others, is not optimized for SLI, so the dual GPU wont do anything special over and above

IIRC dungeon keeper supported Glide (3dFX) so you need a glide wrapper or play in software mode i think.
It is a very old game

A game has to be properly optimised to make good benefits from SLI/Crossfire otherwise you dont see much benefit.
Most games are not, probably because SLI/Crossfire is not a predominant thing in most gamers PC's.

What video card is it that you have?

Dungeon Keeper never support the Glide API.

Belive me i have many old 3dfx cards in some of my retro PC's and  i am a Member of the Voodooalerts site.  

Dungeon Keeper works with the Direct3D API if you have the win95 version of it.

And in all other old game like "Age of empire 2"  if i enable the 2 GPU i have higher FPS sometimes not much but around 5-40% more.

I only want to put the dual card from my friend in my game PC because then maby i have better FPS in Starcitzen and VR but BGE is the only one with DK1 who not want to start with this card.

I think we can close this tread here.

Edited by sajuk

odd, i have DK, original boxed DOS version, pretty sure it ran in glide @ 640X480
have not played it in ages, no one to play that with anymore, kind of like baldurs gate

slap slap little minion, go faster

DK1 from googs works online over hamachi on IPX if you want. It is still the best DK but again never under Gilde S!

Edited by sajuk

IPX - omg you just said its name! 

im going to go into the fetal position now, I hope you're happy. years of therapy ruined ... i hope you're happy. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0