dre21

Had to reinstall game again.

7 posts in this topic

So PC went down had to reinstall Windows 10 and with that the game.

Now how come the Keymapper does not stay in the set condition you had it once you log in again?

Why does one have to re-keymap everything over again? Should that not be tied to your Login persona and in turn be remembered ?

Also which function do I have to turn off to stop these little (for me annoying informative text cause I know the game) every time I click onto a window.

Thanks for any Info.

S! Dre21

Dre the keymapper file is stored on you machine there fore when you reinstalled that file was removed. 

Not sure as to why that is but my guess would to save on traffic between client and host.

As for the setting you are looking for try turning off the turtorial as I think that is the setting you describe

all your data is stored in My Documents/Battleground Europe/ folder.. if that was salvageable, then you would just need to copy that back over

Thank you , nah lost everything , good thing is I keep my rig to a bare minimum.

But this is the 2nd time now ,once cause Windows did an update and I lost my boot sector,  2nd time no clue as I have been sparingly on my PC , last week my kid was on it more then I have been , but once in awhile ( I think my graphics card acts up)  I turn on the PC and my monitor gets no signal from the PC , usually switching between the 2 graphic card ports fixes the issue , but this time I think something went amiss. 

Maybe a good reason to buy myself a new rig and use the old PC for my tow account,   NOW shush don't say buy a new graphics card cause that would kill my tow account I could have. 

Once you get set back up dre, copy the documents\battleground europe folder to a flash drive for safe keeping.

Id send you some keymaps, but mine are considered very strange to most.
If you need any help getting any custom hand set controls setup though, let me know

I just zipped up the data folder, emailed it to myself, then installed Windows 10. Now I have it saved to a folder in my email account and it will be there as long as Microsoft is.

On 5/12/2018 at 11:48 AM, gvonpaul said:

I just zipped up the data folder, emailed it to myself, then installed Windows 10. Now I have it saved to a folder in my email account and it will be there as long as Microsoft is.

I thought about that just now too.

After I logged in last night the darn Windows task bar would not go away once I was in game like it usually did, so I tinkered around with the settings and whatnot but now the ingame graphics seem off . So I will most likely Uninstall the game once more and do a clean reinstall and just start over again .

In 2 weeks I logged in once  that is so unlike me , I bet a few wonder why they haven't encountered my Stug yet.

1 person likes this