• Announcements

• HEAVY265

TOS Change regarding the Forums   11/23/2018

Rule 23 is in discussions.  The official change will come out soon.  It will go effect Jan 1st. As it stands from this point.  Political and religious posts are allowed in off topic.  Be mindful to be respectful to each other.   That is all for now. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
XOOM

180 posts in this topic

Per our recent survey and forum posts, CRS would like to gather fresh and specific bugs that are causing the most problems in the game for players.

INSTRUCTIONS

Write up THREE (3) bugs that are most game breaking / immersion killing negatively affecting game play.

Please also include a short description of what they are, and any references (screen shots, data, etc) that work to further illustrate or describe the issue(s).

We know you may have more than three, but seriously, please focus on three for now per person. Thank you!

Hmmm.

1) No temporary HC when there are no HC on.

2) JWBS - but see my solution posted.

3) Capture times, way to slow - discourages paras (which new players love) and attacking.

4) Complete air lopsidedness of bombers, fighters and AA.

5) for jwilly, armored cars and trucks need to move slower off road. (also fix the 10,000m allied truck coast)

Edited by delems

Sometimes can't stand up when prone. Have to move away from area or press caps lock. Can get you killed.

Edited by warhammer
2 people like this

10 minutes ago, delems said:

Hmmm.

1) No temporary HC when there are no HC on.

2) JWBS - but see my solution posted.

3) Capture times, way to slow - discourages paras (which new players love)

4) Complete air lopsidedness of bombers, fighters and AA.

I'm sorry Delems, but these primarily seem to be feature requests, not game breaking bugs.

I'll let #3 slide as that's the most applicable.

For all guys they fly.

Sometimes the radar system broke and you sea no more yellow on map. 

Maby a key to refresh the radar will be nice.

If you fly or shipping with a ship and the AI hit you, you are killied by AI after your despwan.

I know the unit is not real dead and still in the supply pool, but under stats its a dead for you.

Edited by sajuk

Ok, well then the allied trucks coasting for kilometers is a bug?  I'll put that instead.

And second the radar bug, it goes wonky or disappears often.

And of course firebug and engine bug.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

not being able to stand up at times is certainly the most common bug i come across.

Death lag -- you shoot someone who rounds behind a building- looks like you missed then their body slides back out across the ground- kind of an entertaining bug.

Feet sticking out walls. 

1. The axis LMG aiming exploit, namely being able to set up their LMGs and aim down the sight WHILE running around.

2. Players being able to fire and kill underneath and below berms without fear of being shot up in return

3. FIREBUGS

3 people like this

1. Ping/Lag/Hit detection bugs. TO clarify, I know much has been done and given the scale of the game not sure what can be done, but still buggy at times and can always be worked on. 

2. Clipping, clipping through buildings with weapons on all sides with all weapons is a problem. We have had many years of practice with the CPS and ABs, berms and walls etc. Many players know exactly how to exploit the terrain to wiggle their weapon through and give other players a bad day. 

3. Random weakpoints on armor or vehicles. This is not consistent, but changes whenever values are tweaked. Every once in a while a certain ammo or spot on the armor is either more powerful or weaker than it should be, as long as its not there for long should be ok. 

Will add more if I can think of, but these 3 are the ones that jump out at me on a daily basis. 

.4 I knew I'd remember!! Bugs with HC and disconnect! So anytime the game temporarily disconnects for an HC member they lose all HC privileges till they change persona. Its ok if your just OIC but if you need to make bde moevements or message on .allied/axis it costs us valuable time. 

Edited by hateract
1 person likes this

Not being able to stand up when prone.  Even in an empty, open field, this bug can happen.  It’s hard to replicate but it seems like mashing the prone/stand keys too many times will cause an indefinite lock out of these controls.  Very hard to restore control.

Selecting weapons using the scroll wheel in combination with the number keys do not always select what you think is being selected.  Using the scroll wheel in combination with the number keys afterwards seem to break what you’re expecting.

”green-rise” at a specific time very early in the morning the ambient light appears to have a green tint for a very short period then goes back to normal.

55 minutes ago, westy91 said:

1. The axis LMG aiming exploit, namely being able to set up their LMGs and aim down the sight WHILE running around.

2. Players being able to fire and kill underneath and below berms without fear of being shot up in return

3. FIREBUGS

It is not possible to set-up (deploy) and run around with the lmg, running with lmg you can only fire from the hip

2 people like this

1. Clipping

2. Collider. Ups those feet.....

3. Sometimes, when deploying lmg on a window, then you try to shoot but all the bullets hit the lower window frame (maybe it is not a bug but me in my usual useless mode) 

ack- forgot that one; yes, the FB flip bug!

Right now, when an AB is bounced, all backline towns w/o a flag LOSE their FB - that is a huge bug I think.

(though, be interesting if someone actually thought it was a feature and coded it that way)

However, this completely goes away with town supply - so maybe not worth working.

1. Bombadier booted to training arena after DB7 missions

2. Clipping through floors/walls - feet / body parts protruding through "solid" objects

3.  The axis LMG aiming exploit, namely being able to set up their LMGs and aim down the sight WHILE running around. (Quoted from above)

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

Have never seen this happen
Can you replicate it and post a screenshot or a video?

While you probably should be able to sight it, bren and FM included, the function is not there yet so should not happen

Saw it happen in CPs when I was last in game. But I haven't got a Scooby how to replicate it. IF I see it again I'll try and get a screenie to prove it - There's a few who have seen it allied. One of my squaddies had a screenshot of an axis player doing it, but he was static.

1 person likes this

Collider bug,   when you stop a Tank on a berm and it shakes like it's scared that a bigger tank is coming.

The teeter toter bug, loosing both tracks and after taking a shot the damn thing is rocking like it wants to put a baby to sleep. 

The I drive around the corner and get stuck aka clip the corner of a building and my Tank goes into a spin move or just blows up cause it felt like bug.

2 people like this

Game-breaking visual bugs (that for utterly weird mind-screwy reasons, this community seems to care nothing about....like a hoarder living in trash but is used to the smell and sights so doesn't see it as a big deal):

1. Black tree bug (introduced with Christmas snow patch).

2. Sliding infantry corpses that move around the ground for hundreds of feet as if they were hockey pucks.

3. Firebug

1) terrain issues: deploy atg to have it flip, clipping all over the place, axis lmg being able to deploy behind berm and shoot through front of berm, cps wiyh broken stairs, ab spawns with broken stair, ab spwans with blocked doors, vehicles flipping in open fields, fmbs floating below river banks, etc

2) axis LMG is seriously bugged. It can be deployed from standing, to lying to bipod setup and fire in less time than it takes to shoulder a rifle. It can be deployed on a window ledge and taken down faster than you cna shoulder a rifle. The LMG42 could not be fired from the hip due its weight and very high cyclic rate, this is specifically why the MP43 and 44 were developed. The MG42 was specifically used as a squad weapon, and because its high cyclic rate the barrel had to be replaced approximately every 50 rounds. I don’t mind that it fire from the hip, but it should be fired only in 7 round bursts, and once the 150 rounds are expended it should have a 2min cool down. Or, it should be replaced with the MP43.

3) HE effects: axis grenadier is actually a trench gun, just rename it and we’re all good. Brit grenade is completely useless. I’ve seen many times axis soldier in bunker room live through 4 grenades, get up and run around the corner and hose down all of us. 2lb HE round should kill anyone inside 10ft, larger rounds more so. Can’t wait for HE audit.

1) don't hate the game hate the player

2) old age, bad eye sight, shaky hands

3) do mirrors in air game still exists? chase yellow sqs

c) discord messes with my comp big time

I went over 3 plz don't ban me.

1 person likes this

3 bugs I can think of: 

1- Fire bug / Engine bug

2- French AT gun flips over when spawning in at FMS. (Happens often but not all the time) 

3- British 2 pounder AT gun have a tendency to flip forward when being pushed forward. You need to deploy and reset gun before pushing again 

1.  Not being able stop stop directly from running - have to cycle through walking first.

2.  Wonky despawn sequences - sometimes it takes 5-15 seconds after you die for the timer to start.

3.  Some towed guns flip over too easily, such as the 88.

4.  Cant undeploy bofors in FB tent without ending up vertical, lol.

Edited by GrAnit

1. clipping: On a blown CP, ei climbed the broken closet wall and passed thru the upstairs floor to the waist. he shot me as I lay at top of stairs. Saw this twice. 

2.  Air Radar sometimes doesn't work. Planes are halfway through a square before yellow lights up and different players have different rates at which the system updates.

3. Would like to see flyers with the same mission target  visible on the map. Brit and french planes are never visible on the map even when on identical missions. 

1. The height of sight-line still seems too high from 1st person view. This causes issues when firing from behind berms, deploying prone at windows, and gives an overall impression of smurf houses and toy tanks. I  remind someone also arguing that people were smaller than today. 

Similar issue when kneeling and laying down. The eyes are not at the right vertical/horizontal level

The scales of inf compared to vehicles may be checked as well.

2. Clipping feets, making me fearing walls, although 3D walls reduced it a lot, still I see it often 

3. Atg collider with environment. When crew2 is dead, recoil makes us move backwards until hitting something that makes our crew1 view wobble, without the ability to correct.

@ Dragoz

The Axis LMG fire from hip was use in WW2 often and works in real very fine.

And you can only deploy the Axis LMG on the same points ingame as you can depoly all the allies LMG. 

"axis lmg being able to deploy behind berm and shoot through front of berm, cps wiyh broken stairs, ab spawns with broken stair, ab spwans with blocked doors, vehicles flipping in open fields, fmbs floating below river banks, etc"

Same as allies LMG and grease gun. So often i sea a allied LMG in Bunker 100% behind the table and they shot on all they come in. You cant sea him and must storm the room first must run behind the table and then you can kill him.  Both side have the same Problem with fire from behind walls or other thinks.

2 people like this

9 hours ago, crashzzz said:

3 bugs I can think of: 

1- Fire bug / Engine bug

2- French AT gun flips over when spawning in at FMS. (Happens often but not all the time) 

3- British 2 pounder AT gun have a tendency to flip forward when being pushed forward. You need to deploy and reset gun before pushing again 

Make that a ditto for the Axis ATG too. 

Pak36 comes to mind.