XOOM

180 posts in this topic

High speed collisions need a serious rework. Especially in the air. Lots of times you see planes colliding their wings with at least 200kph of summed up speed with no consequence. Another point is soldiers falling of buildings or trucks jumping 20 meters trough the air like in the Dukes of Hazzard- everything without damage. Hopefully there can be something done about this within the present physics. Structural stress and damage would be nice in general but I guess we need an engine upgrade to implement this.

Another thing: "Black ray of death" when something airborne dies.

And Radar/EWS lag. Yesterday I chased this lonesome RDPrunner for 20 Minutes. Someone else found him 2 squares away of the town that reported him to be close - not to speak of the yellow square lagging 2 squares behind. + Radar mirros.

Edited by vanapo
1 person likes this

11 hours ago, moe5000 said:

Engine on bug. 

Nothing ruins a long sortie more than this. Stay on a sortie for longer than 10 minutes and you lose all SA because half the things (or more) around you have the engine on bug and  you can't hear a friggin' thing. 

Been around FOREVER and no hint of a fix. 

This is a lag issue, the packet when you turned engine off or.stopped shooting dropped and was never received

16 minutes ago, BLKHWK8 said:

This is a lag issue, the packet when you turned engine off or.stopped shooting dropped and was never received

It's not my lag, I usually have a 40 ping and 100+ FPS.  It's the players playing from the Arctic circle with a 800 ping. 

What's stopping you guys from having the client send an engine status packet every 10 seconds?   Seems that would easily fix this LONG standing bug...

21 minutes ago, BLKHWK8 said:

How about checking/sending the status of a gun/engine at least every minute to correct lost packages? Would this increase traffic too much?

Especially guns are not firing 99.9% of the time so if it could be done it should be checked if a gun is still firing after x amount of time.

Not only the sound but seeing the tracers of the gun all the time is a serious disadavantage for a player and he doesn't even know it's happening.

On 5/22/2018 at 7:20 PM, dre21 said:

Collider bug,   when you stop a Tank on a berm and it shakes like it's scared that a bigger tank is coming.

The teeter toter bug, loosing both tracks and after taking a shot the damn thing is rocking like it wants to put a baby to sleep. 

The I drive around the corner and get stuck aka clip the corner of a building and my Tank goes into a spin move or just blows up cause it felt like bug.

I second this. Dial it back please.

14 hours ago, delems said:

Forgot a huge one, been around for 9 years now.

The EnterWorld bug where you press it, and don't enter world.

Only happens when your side has SD and there is 1 unit left in list of that type.

This is a huge bug, I've lost CPs because of this bug as unable to spawn into game.

Easily produced too.

Yep.

Happens to me ALL THE TIME.

1 person likes this

Guys, we’re starting to get some great feedback here. Let’s keep it up, and for anyone reading this not speak up, we need to hear from you.

S! 

1 person likes this

1. Enter world bug

2. Can't get up from prone bug

3. Stamina drains really fast when sprinting some times, and not others. No obvious reason/constant factor.

On 23/05/2018 at 7:48 AM, Zebbeee said:

1. The height of sight-line still seems too high from 1st person view. This causes issues when firing from behind berms, deploying prone at windows, and gives an overall impression of smurf houses and toy tanks. I  remind someone also arguing that people were smaller than today. 

Similar issue when kneeling and laying down. The eyes are not at the right vertical/horizontal level

The scales of inf compared to vehicles may be checked as well.

Here are the visuals to illustrate what I meant and why it is probably the cause of 90% of wtf-deaths. Old team has been told many times about this bug.

STANDING UP : your eyes are actually on top of your head.

1527315987-bug-eyes-standing-up.png

LAYING DOWN : your eyes are actually in your stomach

1527315989-bug-eyes-laying-down.png

And also the aiming orientation seems bugged :

1527315988-bug-inf-orientation.png

3 people like this

@Zebbeee

i posted this long ago in bug reports for the LMG's, it's the same thing. here're a few more screenshots

French LMG first person

notice how from his prespective his chin should be at the railing, and the end of his gun barrel should be on the railing

7bLADMN.png

from other's prespective

0x6heED.png

what it looks like in game

vU2lgbQ.png

satmax thinks he's doing a good job covering, but i'm in his blind spot and can kill him easy (we do kill deployed LMG's way to easily)

now a real life example of a WW2 LMG gunner in cover

German_Machine_Gun_Position_WW2.jpg

main-qimg-2d0768fde9ce864872217ea03d6ead

our infantry especially LMG's don't follow the most basic combat rule... keep your head down

Edited by major0noob

1 - Being stuck prone. Seen that mentioned a few times. I've had to adjust how I approach an efms with a satchel just in case I lay it and then blow myself up because I am stuck trying to crawl away. It happens frequently all over the place.

2 - STUFF getting in the way. If I can SEE an ei prone 300m away in the woods, I should be able to shoot him without some invisible section of tree getting in the way.
So often trees seem to absorb bullets that are aimed a good foot to one side of it, and even the little dust burst of the strike is away from the tree.
It's maddening when in forests or just NEAR a tree.

3 - I'll throw in one of my personal little bugbears as everything else seems to have been covered anyway.... the HEADSHAKE.
If I am crouched in an attic and go to stand but the roof is in the way, I spend a few seconds shaking my damn head to tell myself I am not allowed to stand.
It's ridiculous and disorientating. I can lose sight of an ei out the attic window, and it basically just wastes my time. Just a flash up on screen will do, or a short noise. Not this 3 or 4 shakes of the head.

1:  spawning in at an fb as inf and top half is sticking out of tent and have to struggle to get out of it .

2:  when inf is prone , sometimes you cant get up , need to deploy weapon or reload to be able to stand up

3: Fire bug

On 5/25/2018 at 8:26 AM, moe5000 said:

It's not my lag, I usually have a 40 ping and 100+ FPS.  It's the players playing from the Arctic circle with a 800 ping. 

What's stopping you guys from having the client send an engine status packet every 10 seconds?   Seems that would easily fix this LONG standing bug...

Lag is not just justified by ping and fps. It can be congestion a milisecond packet loss etc. Very hard to replicate

1 hour ago, dfiire said:

- grenade damage inconsistent... seems like sometimes you can be 5 feet from where an enemy grenade detonates and you will take no damage and other times you can be 15 feet away and be killed

This should be address with the KE HE audit in next patch but will monitor

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

Lag is not just justified by ping and fps. It can be congestion a milisecond packet loss etc. Very hard to replicate

Well, multiple people have asked why you don't have a packet sent from the client updating engine status...So why don't we have this? 

Engine on bug is game killing for me. You can't hear enemies coming when half the motors around you are running at full speed or some panzer has firebug. 

Again, please comment if this is feasible. 

On 5/23/2018 at 10:04 PM, xanthus said:

Evidence of the old team's consistent dismissal of player concerns. And this has been a major player concern for nearly a decade. No, it is NOT part of a "long list of concerns, and everybody has an opinion, and we can't please everyone" i.e. the tired old BS we were fed for years. This is at the top of almost every allied player's list and, again, has been for nearly a decade. Let me say that a third time: Nearly a decade.

XOOM threads like this one are very much appreciated, make no mistake.

btw

8 years later and nothing on this.

Nothing.

....(sigh)

Here's hoping this time is different.

:rolleyes::ice_cream:

THIS is why I don't waste my time on threads like this any more. NOTHING ever changes.  Axis LMG and Shotgun are excellent examples. But there are others on both sides. Those just happen to be notorious and GLARING. 

But ok. Here goes...

1. Prone Bug. 

2. ATG's flipping when being towed.

3. Engine on Bug

Guys have posted others that are on an even par. But I'll leave it at 3. 

Edited by lipton

Just checking in, very carefully listening to the feedback. Want to thank everyone for continuing to post. Keep it coming!

1 person likes this

#1.  Engine bugs.

#2. blowing the wing off a plane at 20 ft and only getting a hit.  It seems about 20% of what should be AA kills don't register.  This screenie is from a fraps last night.  There was no one else anywhere near him and he rolled over and plowed into the ground.  I know the logic is I killed the plane, not the pilot.  The crash killed the pilot.  But I still don't like it.

052718.jpg

#3. Legs etc. sticking through walls.  Bunkers seem to be an exception.  If you can fix it for bunkers, I would think you could fix it for all structures.

Thanks for asking.

FMS spider web: try to blow an EFMS and you cant move away from it or get up sometimes you even slowly slide around it kinda funny but sucks to lose an engineer or 2

also has been mentioned spawning with atg at fms bug turning upside down an such also happens with infantry at fb and spawning at ab getting stuck in tent or walls

have noticed if the fms is on side of a burm or to close the atg bug happens havent had it happen on flat ground unless someone builds a dam PPO right by where you enter

keep up the good work S!

when we get flying monkey aircraft carriers ? an dont tell me you call them fallschrmjaeger lol

18 hours ago, flong139 said:

FMS spider web: try to blow an EFMS and you cant move away from it or get up sometimes you even slowly slide around it kinda funny but sucks to lose an engineer or 2

Yep. That one's annoying 

Other bugs that are a problem:

1). Spawn in bug with one unit left.

2). Flying crash bug where one plane dies and the other doesn’t when the collide.

3) Grass not rendering at distance, so when you think you are in cover you are not.

4). Some so not repairable (at airfield). 

5).  Flying with one wing, lol.

6).  Be able to pull infinite g’s in planes and the wings don’t fall off.

11 minutes ago, GrAnit said:

4). Some so not repairable (at airfield). 

Do you mean AI? Not sure I follow this one.

1 - Infinite Wobble When Detrack and shooting

2 - Para T-Pose from jumping to high

3 - Detrack Stages by lower caliber guns

Edited by pbveteran

59 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Do you mean AI? Not sure I follow this one.

Yes.  I meant AI. 

1 person likes this