• Announcements

• BLKHWK8

Squad vs Squad Battle for Notre Dame Postponed   08/03/2018

The event for this weekend will be postponed... We have not been able to get a solid commitment to run the event. I will be posting a poll to select a better date and time. Poll:    Welcome back our Squad vs Squad events. Please check out the forum post here   
XOOM

180 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2018 at 4:16 AM, moe5000 said:

Well, multiple people have asked why you don't have a packet sent from the client updating engine status...So why don't we have this? 

Engine on bug is game killing for me. You can't hear enemies coming when half the motors around you are running at full speed or some panzer has firebug. 

Again, please comment if this is feasible. 

I'll check with the coders as it's not my area.of expertuse

1 person likes this

my top 3

1) The french M5 at gun  tipping over when pushed, its by far far the worst to do this (its maddening enough when towed,..it takes very little to tip even a change in gradient will do it)  but even when your moving it slowly, pushing it, it will tip for the slightest thing and there is absolutely no way to recover it period...touching a berm can do it and i dont mean a big one,  even a medium sized gradient on a hill and it will tip it up.  but whats so annoying about it is the brit 17lb that comes in at the same time simply dosn't have the issue to anywhere near the same extent.   however when the Americans come in the 17lber becomes a rare as rocking horse dodo as the m5 is the loadout for the Americans and french....IMHO while the model is in so poor a state it should be removed and replaced with the brit 17lbr  until its  fixed. the frustration of towing a gun like you are carrying a box of eggs 10 miles and then have it tip over at the end is...!!!!! ******

2) Ive noticed tanks  (could be atgs too but i havent noticed it as much) are firing offset again (i thought this had been fixed)...ie left or right  of where the tank actually is.  which isn't to bad when in the open  and you can see the shell rounds  aren't coming from where  the tank is ..but is deadly when the tank is obscured by terrain 

3) offset...UP and down  the left and right offset was bad....but from time to time the up and  down offset is ridiculous  iv'e seen people lie down in a cp  and completely disappear 

Top 3:

1 - Clipping: Body parts sticking out of buildings.

2 - Flipping ATG's when spawning from FMS's.

3 - Engine and firebug sounds. Annoying and can ruin a mission by limiting our hearing of enemy/friendly units.

Not bugs, but:

- Axis LMG "spraying" (??) precise bullets with laser aims and Axis grenadiers... those should be fixed also.

1 person likes this

If all allies keep addind the german LMG as being a "bug" I have to mention a list of more than 3 "gamebreaking bugs" regarding allied equipment. Including Spitfires, Thompson SMG and the Sherman armor to name just a few.

How about the , I don't get points towing Players ATG or AAA bug which also introduced the lack of Team play bug , all introduced by old CRS team , which should have been fixed by the new team long time ago.

One of the best and easiest way for new players to gain rank faster and learn the game at the same time . Without just being Vet gun fodder.

1 person likes this

I'm calling this a bug: Range finder does not match up to all possible shell types. If we can't put an indicator on the tank/atg reticle can we at least get a chart from crs so we know where to aim AP/HE/HEAT/SMOKE? Pretty please.

the mp34 thread got deleted and we can't talk about problems causing low-pop because "moral flame", but side trolling and promoting other games gets a pass... uug

1. smoke rounds are invisible or have no shell animation

2. armour shooting and armour getting shot 10-50m away

3. FMS is easily detectable from 300m alt: the square roof looses its green dirt. making it high contrast orange square

Edited by major0noob
orange square

On 5/23/2018 at 1:01 PM, dre21 said:

Make that a ditto for the Axis ATG too. 

Pak36 comes to mind.

and flak 30

And all axis atgs veer off to one side or another, infact the flak30 strafes right slightly when you're pushing straight ahead. If you follow a road edge and look down you'll see it

Edited by saffroli

On 5/29/2018 at 0:44 PM, BLKHWK8 said:

I'll check with the coders as it's not my area.of expertuse

Thanks. :D

Re-posting from another thread:

He cant see that, from his perspective he isnt doing that.
Go offline and put your infantryman to what looks like to you, just against something, then go to external view and you will see the 3rd person position is off.
Have to wait for collider work to tighten that up i think?

@major0noob has posted about this before, and he isn't the first. There have been threads on this going back 10-15 years. The 1st-person camera position is off and always has been (despite nothing but non-stop denials by the old CRS team). One obvious give-away is the perception of the *small* size of the tanks relative to the infantry height. Play a game like Post Scriptum (where 1st person camera height is 100% perfect) and notice how large the tanks are, and you'll see immediately how WWIIOL is off. Regardless of the height of our mini go-kart tanks, the camera position issue causes problems when someone is shooting at you through a berm or behind some other cover, yet only the tip of their helmet is visible. This is a terrible problem that AFAIK has gotten zero attention since release 17 years ago.

Just wanted to point out that the caméra issue as number 1 bug of all times is FINALLY being worked on

Sniper62 said:

One of our Devs spent a lot of time looking into fixing this issue and you would be surprised how "just move the camera back" turns into so much more. Everything from clipping to being unable to get into or out of tight places were effected...it's still a work in progress but it is on the list.

I'll add as "bug" the maginification of aiming infantry weapons, which is uncoherent.

The aim effect currently creates a "zoom" effect on most Inf weapons. I Noticed how powerful the effect is on the grease gun for example but this applies to all inf weapons.  Shouldn't it be the reticle that comes closer to the eye of the soldier? Can we remove the magnification as illustrated bellow ?

1527917377-aiming-corrected.png

same for rifles : the zooming effect is not relevant. Eyes should remain further back like this :

1527918296-model.png

Full topic here:

im pretty sure the game was based on 480p or 360p, the zoom was relevent cause pixles

i'll add that every single new gun made is off center. the end of the barrel is centered on the screen not the sights. really bad with the FG42

Edited by major0noob

On 5/23/2018 at 2:44 PM, Pittpete said:

You can't be serious?

OK SO ALLIES TRYING TO GET SOMETHING DONE ABOUT THE AXIS LMG---- WHYYY?  BECAUSE THEY FEAR IT------ SAYING IT CANT BE FIRED FROM THE HIP---BULLCRAP---  WATCH THIS VIDEO AND SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE ABOUT IT----

7 minutes ago, xcas said:

OK SO ALLIES TRYING TO GET SOMETHING DONE ABOUT THE AXIS LMG---- WHYYY?  BECAUSE THEY FEAR IT------ SAYING IT CANT BE FIRED FROM THE HIP---BULLCRAP---  WATCH THIS VIDEO AND SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE ABOUT IT----

so - we'll compromise - allow hip firing but it pushes the shooter backwards when the trigger is pulled

that good?

*not an official offer from CRS*

3 minutes ago, xcas said:

FOR A SPLIT SECONDS IT DOES

Ok so a split second of backwards movement, followed by no forward momentum?  One thing that all of the videos/sources on this topic show is that while it was possible (and a tactic) to fire from the hip - the forward momentum was slow/non-existent... 

That ole boy had a pretty good bit of counter weight mass compared to the average ww2 soldier.

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, xcas said:

They way you dropped the mic, I expected more than that!

Good thing this dude weighs 260-280 lb's is all I can say. He needed every single one of them or he would've been on his rear. That would be pretty cool if the German LMG unit was modeled as a 280 lb man though. Stamina would be crap, and hiding in a bush line would be a sight to be had.

I don't see him running or jogging with it.

I don't see him running or jogging without it either...LOL

LMG hip fire while moving is gamey and is a joke.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, xcas said:

WATCH THIS VIDEO AND SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE ABOUT IT

No no, post the video where he is jogging up a staircase and down a hallway whilst shooting the mg34, or the bren or the bar or the fm24 or the m1919, or a vickers etc.

Helps to read entire complaint, because no one is griping about anyone doing what the guy in the video is doing

1 person likes this

Clearly full-auto rifle caliber MGs can be spray-fired standing.

What seems to be common in all of the videos is that the shooter puts one leg back, leans into the gun and generally braces himself for the recoil.

I'd call that "standing deploy". 

I reckon standing deploy should be added as a position. Two seconds to set up before you can fire, one second to undeploy before you start moving.

Standing deploy can rotate 30 degrees either side of its original direction, at 30 degrees a second.

This soldier almost shoots his comrades in the head while being knocked back...