XOOM

180 posts in this topic

Let's get back on topic here. We are both debating what will happen we are asking for everyone's top 3 bugs 

Can someone post a wwii video of a soldier running backwards into a building and killing the occupants please.

"Because of the MG42’s devastating power, the Germans chose the reverse. The Wehrmacht placed the machine gunner in the central infantry role, with riflemen in support.

Each MG42 ideally had a six-man crew—a commander, gunner, a soldier who carried the weapon’s tripod and three additional troops who carried spare barrels, additional ammunition and tools.

When Allied troops attempted infantry assaults against positions protected by an MG42, the German gun crew would lay down withering suppressive fire. In most cases, all the attacking infantrymen could do was wait for a barrel change, for the gun to run out of ammunition or for a tank to show up so it could blast the machine-gun nest to oblivion."

Lets make it a PPO ;)

Edited by Sudden

Hi,

#1 ATG flip

#2 Death lag

#3 Axis LMG issues. A real joke like Brit Grenadier "terminator" few years ago ("hopefully" allied grenadiers are now useless :-D )

+

Let's all.be adults here. The intial intent of this thread is to hear what our player base feel their top 3 bugs are. 

If you wish to debate the thoughts put forward here please create another thread as anything going forward of more than the top 3 will be hidden from view. 

You ask for input and more communication and it turns into a cluster totally opposite of the intent of the original post. 

dude just delete them... they're totally low-moral and flame/troll

else this thread will stop being usefull

1 person likes this

I appreciate the debate but please move it into a different thread. This is for top 3 bugs. Nothing more.

1- Firebug

2- ATG stability

3- Tracked tank causes wobble and bouncing

1 person likes this

1. Game is most easly won by sneaky capture to avoid fighting, even though many players play the game for the fighting.

2. Bad world-modeling: offroad terrain crossable at road speed by trucks, single-damage-model large buildings with only two states, base terrain height set at zero elevation so that excavations and cratering are impossible.

3. No morale factor to encourage unit cohesion and discourage Ramboing.

1.  Beddy shake

2.  Tree inf collider issue with shooting beside a tree

3. Feet clipping building walls

1 person likes this

1. Game is most easly won by sneaky capture to avoid fighting, even though many players play the game for the fighting.

Is that a bug? Do you want to force all players to direct matches always? 

I do not understand that comment, what problem there is for capping something with maneuvers of stealth or distraction?  do we want a kind of Squad on a giant map? With banners and announcementes when something is being caped? I hope not.

3. No behind the lines capability. (ok, it's not a bug but it bugs me, i want to raid stuff like the air forces do).

1 person likes this

You know what Delems this might be the vodka talking but swap number 2 for ATG flip and these are 3 of the biggest annoyances I have in terms of bugs

Not game breaking but detract from over overall gameplay significantly. The M3 is bloody atrocious for flipping on the slightest berm/ marginally fast corner.

I typed this many times due to aforementioned vodka btw

1. Lag

2. Rendering

3. Off-set/clipping 

and a note about the lmg42- not a regular user, but in my experience, when deployed, it's very accurate. Firing from the hip is a waste of ammo usually resulting in no hits or maybe 1 or 2 lucky hits with the result of me dying. Running and firing? I haven't figured out how to do that, is that a hack?

Edited by gavalink
addition

the 6lbr and pak38 not taking cover behind their shields

they stand 9-10ft in the air completely exposed

Originally HE couldn't kill gun crews behind a shield, so the crews stood up so they were MGable. It was dumb and unrealistic, but it made the early game work.

Now that large caliber HE is on its way to finally working right, it's time for gun crews to properly take cover.

3 hours ago, gavalink said:

and a note about the lmg42- not a regular user, but in my experience, when deployed, it's very accurate.

You mean mg34?

Tree collider bug ,  I guess that's what we call it ?

When u can see you enemy and your gun aims past tree but it absorbs every shot you take , just to move your gun a bit farther and now you muss the enemy completely. 

Had the rear 3/4 of a M10 in my sight the only reason why it did not die was because the tree jumped into my shot every single time , when u can clearly see the explosion next to the tree it's annoying as HELL.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:06 PM, major0noob said:

they stand 9-10ft in the air completely exposed

As an aside, the 88 in the game is out of scale also. ITs much larger in the game than it was in RL. When you run up to it, the gunners butt is face level. In RL, the gunner head is actually head height.  This does 2 things.. 1. It unrealistically allows it to shoot over berms it should not be able too. 2. It provides a much larger target and more exposed crew to HE and MG fire.

maxresdefault.jpg

German-88mm-Artillery2.jpg

1. Average European male height during WWII = 5' 8", not 6' 3". An audit would be appropriate to identify the various long-denied scale inconsistencies. Try any of these vehicle models at current scale and see how many current-scale infantrymen would fit:

tropasen232.jpg

panzer104.jpg

HD-SN-99-02892.jpg

BU_003967.jpg

2. All smoke...from smoke shells, explosions and fires...should last longer. Once the battlefield gets smoky, it should stay smoky.

3. All vehicle riding is dysfunctional. Infantry on a vehicle should be able to move within bounds of staying on the vehicle--kneel, crouch, go prone--and use all their weapons.

Right now, infantry riding on tanks look pretty dorky, sitting in a catatonic state with their feet dangling in the running gear. They should be able to function as infantry to protect the tank, i.e. "combined arms".

Maybe vehicles should have "transport riding mode" and "combat riding mode". The former allows a lot of density, but no weapon use without dismounting, and the vehicle owner can force-dismount everyone at once. The latter only allows a few riders, but they are fully combat capable while mounted. 

DSC02773-1-1.jpg

Edited by jwilly

@jwilly OH I so want to do drive bys in a betty.  That's the fun part, the unfun part is sitting in a truck when a EI pops out and starts killing the riders and you cant shoot back.  We should be able to climb tanks again, or get into enemy trucks. I also would like the 251 to actually have to open its doors to let the infantry out or they should have the animation of bailing over the sides instead of dismounting through the sides of the vehicle.  Same with trucks, either bail over the sides - as in up and over or running off the back. Even loading should be through the back.