XOOM

180 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, delems said:

The ridiculous silent, 2000m gliding allied trucks.  Needs to be fixed.

Dont you mean ALL wheeled vehicles?
It has nothing to do with trucks specifically 

this does not include the Beddy,, that thing can not even roll down hills anymore, but DAMMNNNNN if the opel is a race car engine off

1) Axis LMG used as a superweapon pistol and overall gamey weapon; rifle-like accuracy of Axis LMG and FG42.

2) Ability to glitch into a berm and see and shoot through a berm (can only see top pixel/s of head yet enemy has clear shot at you).  I can't do it but a BUNCH of axis players know how to do it.

3) Hitting "lay down" and nothing happens or shakes head.  Same thing getting up.

19 hours ago, mcafeed said:

1) Axis LMG used as a superweapon pistol and overall gamey weapon; rifle-like accuracy of Axis LMG and FG42.

2) Ability to glitch into a berm and see and shoot through a berm (can only see top pixel/s of head yet enemy has clear shot at you).  I can't do it but a BUNCH of axis players know how to do it.

3) Hitting "lay down" and nothing happens or shakes head.  Same thing getting up.

They aren't doing it on purpose, in their view they see over the berm, that's why you think you can't do it, to another player you might be partially in the berm. I's a rendering issue caused by the way the terrain draws

15 hours ago, KMS said:

They aren't doing it on purpose, in their view they see over the berm, that's why you think you can't do it, to another player you might be partially in the berm. I's a rendering issue caused by the way the terrain draws

Well, is anything being done about it?

1 person likes this

Is this issue similar to trees and berms stopping rounds when from our pov we have open shots?? This seems to be a real game breaker.

23 hours ago, KMS said:

Agree Gretnine, it definitely qualifies as a rendering bug then and should be fixed. It's appropriately on my list. 

I Also agree with comment about trees being fatter than rendered. 

S!

On 6/27/2018 at 7:38 PM, ratzilla said:

062718a.jpg

062718b.jpg

Yup.  It also happen when you RTB and sometimes can not get the unit it just told you was reserved.

Only time I ever run into this issue is when there are only a couple left of what I want to spawn. I don’t know the code side of things though so don’t know specifically what it’s thinking. 

On 7/14/2018 at 3:49 PM, mcafeed said:

This Axis LMG argument  is BS , last time Allied runs away , I stop * stand still * open fire with LMG and guess what not one Damn round hit the guy,  he turns  I let another Salvo go , he shoots I'm dead all that while I'm standing still no Rambo running around firing off the hip BS that you guys claim . All I did stood still did a small sweep back and forth in the hopes I get him . And this scenario plays out over and over when I'm LMG .

I rather find a spot deploy and shoot cause then I actually know my LMG is accurate .

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, dre21 said:

This Axis LMG argument  is BS , last time Allied runs away , I stop * stand still * open fire with LMG and guess what not one Damn round hit the guy,  he turns  I let another Salvo go , he shoots I'm dead all that while I'm standing still no Rambo running around firing off the hip BS that you guys claim . All I did stood still did a small sweep back and forth in the hopes I get him . And this scenario plays out over and over when I'm LMG .

I rather find a spot deploy and shoot cause then I actually know my LMG is accurate .

The argument against the Axis LMG is more appropriately the same argument for the Thompson and BAR in cps and bunkers. A single person can hold down the left mouse button, running around shy of a sprint, turning every direction, and the dispersion and rate of fire acts like a fully automatic shotgun. Couple that with just a dash of lag and you've got someone that shoots you according to their computer before you can really react to them.

Both sides have seen bunkers and cps cleared by 1 guy with an automatic mowing through 6+ defenders. Allies see it happen often with the MG34. Axis players see it happen often with the Thompson and BAR, less often with UK and FR autos.

The LMGs are at least too bulky for the situation to make sense realistically, so players balk more at those being used than the SMGs to do it.

Hey everyone, just wanted to pop my head in here and give you all a kudos for putting your concerns down. We have been and will continue to evaluate the feedback you guys give us. A couple of the items discussed here are part of our plan to correct.

Please keep it up.

S!

@XOOM

The para T-pose doesn't seem that hard or at least to find a work around .. guys should look into it since you can't bypass it.

Edited by pbveteran

5 hours ago, pbveteran said:

@XOOM

The para T-pose doesn't seem that hard or at least to find a work around .. guys should look into it since you can't bypass it.

I'd have to talk with our artists / devs to see what may be causing this, but I don't see it being a "game breaker" issue. More like a proper clean up thing.

17 hours ago, GrAnit said:

Can you tell which couple of issues are in the plan to fix?

Always asking me the tough questions and holding us accountable Granit, I appreciate that you pay attention more than others :).

• Lightmachine Guns, MG34 and M1919 are being considered to simulate crew weapons
    • Currently in planning, we're weighing realistic usage and tactics employed in the war, details to follow
    • Bren and FM29 were historically more mobile, but we're looking at these two as well
    • FG42 and BAR are likely to not receive any changes, the STG44 implementation will be similar
  • ATG's flipping and acting improperly
    • We're currently testing some fixes, will deploy some ATG improvements when ready
  • Abnormalities with the forests, rendering stuff (colors, LODs)
    • Good progress being made here, in testing
  • Death lag / managing poor connections
    • Game Manager has tools to tighten up poor connectivity, will result into more auto-despawns
  • Going prone and not being able to stand up
    • We're investigating the details here but recognize how this could be somewhat frustrating

There's more in our list of known issues but these are a few of the ones we're currently discussing and analyzing.

Awesome!  Thx XOOM :).

Not a bug, per se, but an opportunity for you to consider.  That white box with messages when you log in is a great idea and a really good way to communicate with players.  The problem is, is that is often stale and is not used to discuss what is going on in the game in the short term.  For instance, when the game is down for some reason it is often difficult to find out why and for how long. You usually have to go on the forums and hopefully someone who knows posted about the problem.     It would be really useful to put a message on that login screen to let players know what’s going on with the game without the player having to search the forums or just wait/walk away.  It would also be good to talk about when IM is active (how many times do people see a chat message ‘is this intermission?’?, when the game is down for maintenance, the estimated time until the game is up again, etc.  For veterans not knowing what is going on is just a nuisance, for for new players I think it causes confusion and gives a poor impression of the game.  The messages don’t have to be long, and they could be precanned for the most part, but they need to be timely.  You could even have a underpop/overpop message to let people know what side needs players.  Anyway, more work, I know, but food for thought.

Edited by GrAnit

Uh... because I haven't seen it mentioned yet: this stupid, horrendous-looking graphical bug that's been in-game since 1.31(?):

It occurs in the "small-town building blocks" segments (the triangular ones) in their destroyed state.  It's like a wall/window texture is stretched from one side to the other, across the whole block of rubble and wall remnants.  It's such an eyesore, and it's been in-game forever.

I made a thread before about this in the Bugs section some time ago but it was deleted...

jbvlZHB.jpg

JPUu8Jj.jpg

8FUF5Fd.jpg

2trPrZT.jpg

Edited by cobb0

1 hour ago, cobb0 said:

Uh... because I haven't seen it mentioned yet: this stupid, horrendous-looking graphical bug that's been in-game since 1.31(?):

It occurs in the "small-town building blocks" segments (the triangular ones) in their destroyed state.  It's like a wall/window texture is stretched from one side to the other, across the whole block of rubble and wall remnants.  It's such an eyesore, and it's been in-game forever.

I made a thread before about this in the Bugs section some time ago but it was deleted...

jbvlZHB.jpg

JPUu8Jj.jpg

8FUF5Fd.jpg

2trPrZT.jpg

Type .bug <description> while standing close, the reported message to CRS contains your coordinates.

Merlin51 has learned to work on terrain and in the next patch (Imminent release) he adresses many terrain bugs like these :)

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, cobb0 said:

Actually longer.
Next time you run across that, can you get a screenshot with the game map zoomed in so i can see the building(s)
so i can see what building models are involved and PM it to me?
I am thinking that it is an anomoly with the buildings model itself, specifically it's damaged state, something we would need art to take a look at once we isolate
what building it comes from

1 person likes this

On 7/23/2018 at 7:26 AM, GrAnit said:

Awesome!  Thx XOOM :).

Not a bug, per se, but an opportunity for you to consider.  That white box with messages when you log in is a great idea and a really good way to communicate with players.  The problem is, is that is often stale and is not used to discuss what is going on in the game in the short term.  For instance, when the game is down for some reason it is often difficult to find out why and for how long. You usually have to go on the forums and hopefully someone who knows posted about the problem.     It would be really useful to put a message on that login screen to let players know what’s going on with the game without the player having to search the forums or just wait/walk away.  It would also be good to talk about when IM is active (how many times do people see a chat message ‘is this intermission?’?, when the game is down for maintenance, the estimated time until the game is up again, etc.  For veterans not knowing what is going on is just a nuisance, for for new players I think it causes confusion and gives a poor impression of the game.  The messages don’t have to be long, and they could be precanned for the most part, but they need to be timely.  You could even have a underpop/overpop message to let people know what side needs players.  Anyway, more work, I know, but food for thought.

White box messages? Can you please elaborate a little more so on what you mean here? I'm thinking "Playgate news?"

On 7/14/2018 at 4:49 PM, mcafeed said:

Actually, you are doing it too, you just can not see yourself as doing it, neither can they.
If you peep your head over a berm, in third person others may see you the same way.

It needs addressed, but no one that looks that way realizes from their side of things that they look like they just chewed their way into the berm.

On 6/11/2018 at 4:31 PM, frantish said:

The only part I understood is narrow vertical slots, rest I have to see to understand.

Better yet test.

The pentagon bunkers have the space for loophles to cover the entrances.  I know the old one had one, but it was far from ideal.

I explored Fort Vaux in Verdun (also saw Fort Dumont), and it had a set of mutually protective bunkers that was quite interesting. 
This design was more a modern castle than Maginot or Eben-Emal.

12 hours ago, cobb0 said:

jbvlZHB.jpg

JPUu8Jj.jpg

8FUF5Fd.jpg

2trPrZT.jpg

Thanks!  We'll take care of that!  The destroyed bldg texture issue.  

As far as the bunker are concerned.  You'll be pleased to know they are coming back better than ever!  

Edited by xl2rippr
2 people like this

On 7/20/2018 at 6:51 AM, XOOM said:

I'd have to talk with our artists / devs to see what may be causing this, but I don't see it being a "game breaker" issue. More like a proper clean up thing.

? that's the definition of a game breaking bug.. something that can't bypass. If you get you are force to despawn.