delems

JWBS needs to go.

30 posts in this topic

It is so fake to tell an army in town A to move to town B; and it be there 2 minutes later.

How come this feature is still in the game?  Completely violates simulating moving troops and gear.

It also ruins nearly every attack made on map, with the instant warping in of new gear.

And it is so easy to solve.

Right now, we issue move command, and it moves 2 min later with a  60 min cool down.

Just SWAP those two timers!

When you issue a move command, it will move 60 minutes later; then have a 2 minute cool down.

Five minutes of coding can relieve one of the worst features of this game.  (bring mata back?)

And, even if we go to town supply, we'll still have some flags, and they can use the new (realistic) move sequence.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

The supply does not come immediately. It is on a trickle timer of 30 minutes to get the supply which was in town a. 

So your assessment is flawed.

1 person likes this

I can spawn a SMG, LMG, sapper, schreck, tiger or mattie 3 minutes after flag move....

You know exactly what I mean and are nitpicking.

And I didn't say all the supply did I?  You presumed that.

This is one of the worst game features, how come you would dismiss it so easily?  Especially since it is a 5 minute fix?

Do you even play this game?

There are players that have complained about this for 6+ years.... in case you didn't know.

Edited by delems

If theres an AO on a town then no new Brigade(s) should be able to move in.

I like that, IF all backline town FBs would open up to that AOd town, so you can bring gear in easier.

May help if you would stop saying something takes 5 minutes when you have no idea how said thing works to begin with.
Butterfly effect...

Also your solution is flawed some what.
60 minutes to move is longer than it would take to mount up and drive every unit from town A to town B

And 2 minute delay to move again would be shorter than the time the units arrived.

Now if you had suggested that the BDE after being issued a move order, when on hold (out of play) for 20 min
and after 20 min arrived at the destination with full equipment, or something like that, it might make more sense.

Also if you played allied (just a little bit) you probably would not ask blkhwk8 if he actually played

12 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

If theres an AO on a town then no new Brigade(s) should be able to move in.

Yes either this or if a town is contested no moving in a new flag

Delems,

Just so you know been playing this game since September 2001. 

As far as your other remarks, just because some players think this is.bad just as many think the opposite.

CRS continues to tweak these items.

@merlin

Ok, first; you are nitpicking too and totally missing the point.

But to nitpick back at you point by point, if that is what you want to do.

1) You know exactly where the move timer code is, as it has been changed multiple times recently 60, 30, 15 and back.......   So yes, 1 min for this.

Granted, not seen the other timer changed, but guessing it is in the same routine or adjacent routine... there is the other 4 min to find and change 2 to 60.

(didn't say anything about testing, compiling, etc... just making the change)

2) We can completely agree to disagree here; I'm quite sure no regiment of infantry anywhere in the world, that is deployed at a town. Upon receiving orders to move out could pack up and move to the next town in 1 hour.  Six hours maybe, not 1.   The one hour move timer is way way to short, but works for the game, reality be damned, and that is ok.

3) yes, the 2 min delay would be shorter, so you change the trickle time;  problem solved.

4) Your suggestion requires actual coding and work... mine is simply swapping two numbers.. which is easier?

5) If he played this game, then he should know JWBS has been a sore thumb for many many years in this game..... shouldn't he?

Edited by delems

I think what he wants is a 60min delay before the first units arrive.

So when a flag is moved it taked some time for supply to show up.

What we have currently is a huge supply stream instantly

1 person likes this

*** CRS continues to tweak these items.

Yes, and that is good, this was just an idea that occurred to me.

Besides, I suppose it really is a moot point once town supply arrives.

1 person likes this

I’d have no units move in or out if the City CP was owned by the enemy. 

That way, JWBS could be mitigated and the control mechanism would be a CP in every town that doesn’t necessarily have a defender spawn depot 20 feet away 

The one bad thing about the trickling (no matter how you adjust the timers) is the fact that the best armor arrives at the same time as the first batch of 20 riflemen.  

When supply trickles in as "a little bit of everything", the premium units arrive as fast as everything else.  It might take 15 minutes for all the riflemen to trickle in, but that first Matilda or Tiger arrives instantly and can potentially break a camp.  

Ideally the trickle should look something like this:

-each brigade movement has 20 trickles to move in supply (or however many)

-for 200 total riflemen, that means 10 riflemen will arrive per trickle

-for 2 Tigers/Matildas, that means that it will take 10 trickles before the first Matilda or Tiger arrives in the spawnlist

Forgive my ignorance... but what JWBS does mean??? :confused::popcorn:

I think WELCOME BACK SOLDIER.... is it correct?? What is the relation with timers?

Just now, kase250 said:

Forgive my ignorance... but what JBWS does mean??? :confused::popcorn:

"Jesus Brigade Warping System"

It refers to the movement of brigades (supply) on the campaign map and how fresh supply can be moved right into the middle of a camped AB.  

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Capco said:

"Jesus Brigade Warping System"

It refers to the movement of brigades (supply) on the campaign map and how fresh supply can be moved right into the middle of a camped AB.  

LoL!!! OK, I finally understand!!

Ty.

Just a little addition here: We got a lot of problems with low HC numbers and the possibility that no HC is logged in at a given moment/battle.

Cutting timers to short notice will always mean HC has to decide, act and react on short notice. According to that: Every timer of only a few minutes will increase the impact of no HC logged in. Increasing timers might reduce this impact.

how come CRS isn't following the combined nations HC's advice against JWBS?

we have a lot of side vs side BS yet everyone agrees JWBS is bad

why JWBS still a thing?

As of Campaign 152 the trickle timers were increased to 1 hour after a brigade moves.  It was 30 min.  Meaning 1 in hour after the brigade moved, it will have received all of its supply.

The time extension was in a way meant to simulate when a new brigade arrives in a town it does not arrive at once and it does not arrive in full strength.  

S!

23 minutes ago, Tman said:

As of Campaign 152 the trickle timers were increased to 1 hour after a brigade moves.  It was 30 min.  Meaning 1 in hour after the brigade moved, it will have received all of its supply.

The time extension was in a way meant to simulate when a new brigade arrives in a town it does not arrive at once and it does not arrive in full strength.  

S!

As someone who takes the time to look at supply numbers, the trickle timers have mitigated the effect of JWBS somewhat.  

However, the primary issue is still present:  the Matilda/Tiger/camp-breaking supply arrives too quickly.  

I disagree with the idea that having armor show up right away is not historically accurate because:

1.  It’s motorized and so likely to get there more quickly than other units. 

2.  It is a key element of a strong (I.e. combined element) force.  What commander would forward deploy the weakest units first in piecemeal fashion if there was a choice?  Simply not realistic.

Edited by GrAnit

AFAIK everyone wants it gone, not mitigated

2 minutes ago, GrAnit said:

I disagree with the idea that having armor show up right away is not historically accurate because:

1.  It’s motorized and so likely to get there more quickly than other units. 

2.  It is a key element of a strong (I.e. combined element) force.  What commander would forward deploy the weakest units first in piecemeal fashion if there was a choice?  Simply not realistic.

historically accuracy and realism regarding HC and flags is a bottomless pit of nonsense...

That’s a non sequitor. I said nothing about hc, and why should there be an element of realism in moving troops?  

So would you prefer we pull resources from 1.36 which will eliminate this discussion to fix the issue that will be a problem with town based supply