PITTPETE

FMS Deploy Time Change Poll

25 posts in this topic

Difficult question. Voted 30 secondes but would say 45sec to analyse the data trend first.

Can it be linked to distance from enemy cp? I.e.

- Bellow 500m : 60sec

- Beyond 500m : 30sec

Or can we consider counterpart measures, such as letting HE hits deactivate the FMS for a few seconds?

-bomb: 30 seconds 

-HE shell: 10 seconds

Want nothing to do with FaceBS..

Plz use our forum poll system.

The timers are too short, FMS should take time to set considering the nature of its purpose.

Short timers are too much like the inf deployed magic wand instant army..

Any issues created by lengthened timer are resolved with a bit more organization and liason between attacking troops and Command.

S!

Cheers Monty

It is fine as is imo.

The way bigger issue is the 2000m silent coasting allied trucks.

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, delems said:

The way bigger issue is the 2000m silent coasting allied trucks and scout cars.

remove the bias glasses

1 person likes this

Ya right; ask anyone - allied trucks appear out of nowhere next to you.

You just lost a notch of respect if you think there is no issue with allied trucks.

Armored cars are different topic - don't go red herring on us.

Everytime I think this company might be getting it right - they go and say/do something completely boneheaded - again proving my distrust is accurate.

(but can earn it back with Zeeland hints)

Edited by delems

Coasting a truck is something that can be done irl. In most vehicles for that matter. 

When you consider that the Bedford is 100% [censored] useless, it's kind of same-same on balance. LOL. 

there's a constant shortage of FMS/FB/HC... they're all critical to get activity on map

anything to help those is welcome

*** Coasting a truck is something that can be done irl. In most vehicles for that matter. 

Then how come the Opel can't?

4 hours ago, delems said:

allied trucks appear out of nowhere next to you

You just lost a notch of respect if you think there is no issue with allied trucks.

So do opels and panhards and DACS and 232s and anything else with tires and no tracks.
You might go and actually try diving some of them before deciding that only ones guys truck does it.

There is no red herring there, they are all using the same wheeled sim

3 hours ago, praevus said:

Coasting a truck is something that can be done irl. In most vehicles for that matter. 

Not really, except maybe on a road.
Killing the engine while driving across a field, or a marsh, or sand should not get you very far.
All wheeled things will need looked into at some point.
Once you get them up to speed you can coast all of them off road a long ways

Looks like we're working on getting the in-game polling system back in order, kudos to @SNIPER62 for his efforts on that one. This will be something we do fairly routinely once operational.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, delems said:

*** Coasting a truck is something that can be done irl. In most vehicles for that matter. 

Then how come the Opel can't?

Unsure, however if it's modelled on the Blitz A, I would imagine it is because it's 4x4, and also why it outperforms the Bedford cross country. 

Edited by praevus

Why are we using Facebook polls when we have integrated polling in the forums or million other ways to make a poll available..

@gretnine

216 people voted on facebook. I don't know who these are but I wish I could have so many opinions in polls here.

I like how this was about the build time for setting an FMS, but turned into a debate on trucks rolling. 

I think the build time on the FMS is fine. 

I would however like to see the cool down timer sped up for PPOs (especially gun emplacements and tank traps) 

1 hour ago, Zebbeee said:

@gretnine

216 people voted on facebook. I don't know who these are but I wish I could have so many opinions in polls here.

I'm just fine with having a poll on facebook, but since there are people who don't have an account or rarely use it, i'd like to have an alternative option to vote. 

3 people like this

agree with a few here i think 60 seconds is fine just wish i could look around while it is building  and/or use the map

In my opinion the 60 seconds are just fine.

What we could actually have is some form of creating better ways of defending the FMS once it is deployed. A few people set Zones of Control (ZOC's) around the FMS's, which leads to their camping fairly quickly and easily. I always build some PPO's around it, and try to set a ZOC, but usually within 15-30 min the FMS's are already camped and have to be pulled off.

That said, I dont think the time to deploy it is actually the problem. If any tanks, infantry or ATG actually saw your truck, it doesn't matter if it takes 30 or 60 seconds to deploy the FMS, because anyway in a few minutes the enemy will be already on its way to camp and destroy it.

A simple way would be to let the Laffy W15 set FMS's, that way you would have a vehicle to defend it once it is set. And don't lock the screen during the process, allowing the use of the gun and map. That way you would stand better chance of success.

However, the axis and the british don't have similar vehicles, so this is far from being a possibility.

On 5/28/2018 at 0:47 AM, XOOM said:

Looks like we're working on getting the in-game polling system back in order, kudos to @SNIPER62 for his efforts on that one. This will be something we do fairly routinely once operational.

I like the emailed surveys.... I vote for more of that. 

1 person likes this

On 5/28/2018 at 5:36 AM, Zebbeee said:

@gretnine

I think we should focus on email surveys to acccount holders. It would get a better sample size as more people can respond. Not everyone uses Facebook and not everyone trolls the forums 

that sounds tedious as hell

a better poll would be "should CRS focus on generating more activity in-game"    "making new units"    "address long standing issues (like the spitVb tail)"   "improve graphics"   "implement voice comms"

in a 123 score format, instead of the "only 1 thing matters and this is a absolute yes/no answer"

we really want to do this in Canada. it's a very reasonable way to asses data too

1 hour ago, major0noob said:

a better poll would be "should CRS focus on generating more activity in-game"    "making new units"    "address long standing issues (like the spitVb tail)"   "improve graphics"   "implement voice comms"

While trying not to be redundant, a solution for more activity in game could be useful. FMS build timers were adjusted to 1 min build time, as was EWS for trucks move to 700m. 

The graphics and voice comms is being worked on - the resources (people) that code these items are not the same as the resources introducing new content. For example the resources fixing the terrain issues are not the same which add new pieces of equipment into the game or the ones which are working on 1.36 or even 64bit. 

So as these items become available we release them for your enjoyment.  

build times and EWS have been tweaked, but there's still low activity (1 active battle/1 FMS)

so the problem stands despite tweaks...

new units have been made, but people haven't come back en masse

so that's not getting much effect (compared to pop 3-6yr ago)...

the 09 was fixed and new CAS planes were introduced, but LW is still absent

it only revived the LW for a few months

there are still problems, there's no harm in talking about them to generate a solution. we can't talk about this stuff cause the mods keep deleting threads related to them and rats lock them after they address it once.

we really need to talk about this stuff, regardless of the contempt you guys feel towards the players and complaints there are valid concerns that are brought up and ignored

like how you ignored the context of my post, a yes/no poll is unproductive, so is x over y. a "is xyz 1 2 or 3" can provide data collection as well as opinion. it wasn't about activity, you made it clear i'm not allowed to talk about it.

3 minutes ago, major0noob said:

build times and EWS have been tweaked, but there's still low activity (1 active battle/1 FMS)

so the problem stands despite tweaks...

new units have been made, but people haven't come back en masse

so that's not getting much effect (compared to pop 3-6yr ago)...

the 09 was fixed and new CAS planes were introduced, but LW is still absent

it only revived the LW for a few months

there are still problems, there's no harm in talking about them to generate a solution. we can't talk about this stuff cause the mods keep deleting threads related to them and rats lock them after they address it once.

we really need to talk about this stuff, regardless of the contempt you guys feel towards the players and complaints there are valid concerns that are brought up and ignored

like how you ignored the context of my post, a yes/no poll is unproductive, so is x over y. a "is xyz 1 2 or 3" can provide data collection as well as opinion. it wasn't about activity, you made it clear i'm not allowed to talk about it.

It's because of the sub model/price point and free to play implementation. The new content certainly gets attention, but at the end of the day, that attention and those players are gone within a month because of the sub model & price point. Whether you look at reddit, steam, facebook, you name it, there's players that have pointed out this reason most often for not sticking around.

In another thread, it is mentioned something is being put together for the 17th anniversary, so let's see what that is. However, if it's not something permanent, we can expect more of the same - back to dead population once the promo is over.