BLKHWK8

1.35.13 Patch

85 posts in this topic

Good evening,

The much anticipated Kinetic Energy (KE) High Explosive (HE) audit patch will be released May 30, 2018 at 10 pm Server Time.  Please expect a 60-90 minute downtime window.

Now for some expectations and background.

First off, Our QA team has put a tremendous amount of time into this patch and audit, our development team has spent hours upon hours to make sure this is a close to historic numbers as system performance will allow. With that being said...

1.  KE - is  Ballistics and Penetration , ie, how the round flies through the air and what happens when it hits something. HE - Ballistics, (same as above) and the explosive result (energy and fragmentation) of the shell detonation. The stone you throw at the hornets nest. HE - is the fragmentation - the number of hornets exploding from the nest.

2. ALL explosive ordnance except for a couple examples at or very close to  historic values, with a few of the largest examples having slight trade off in shrapnel mass for shrapnel count pending new HE option that will allow us to handle fragments counts of over 200k plus. These are still being worked on and will be updated further in a future release.

3. HE in tanks will be more lethal

4. Penetration and Ballistics have effected almost 100% of ammunition

5. Grenades will have higher shrapnel and performance and will meet Historical statistics not Hollywood expectations.

6. Naval getting some love with various bug fixes and will continue to work on Naval fixes.

7.  Sherman Tanks and the Churchill VII will be getting Smoke Rounds

8. Granny Library has been updated to the newest version (64 bit compatible)  which primarily effects our infantry modelization and is a huge step forward towards 64 bit implementation and is a direct result of our most recent funding drive.

New Vehicles being introduced:

Axis: Stug H Will be Tier 3

Allied: Crusader 3 CS will be Tier 2 and Churchill V CS will also be Tier 2

As we quickly approach our 17th anniversary we continue to add new content and make further progress on your bug reports for the ensured success of World II Online, we would like to thank everyone and hope to see you for a special on June 6 at 8 pm US CST (Server Time). More information on that to come in a separate communication.

3 people like this

WT bloody F! 

A few CS tanks, compared to a 105 gun. You have got to be kidding me!

I cannot and will not praise the additions, because just stupid. Allied are already overloaded with CS tank already, that no one uses. So, let's add more worthless crap. 

US is still playing with French crap. How about addressing this?

2 people like this

3 hours ago, khbeowuf said:

WT bloody F! 

I cannot and will not praise the additions, because just stupid. Allied are already overloaded with CS tank already, that no one uses. So, let's add more worthless crap. 

Oh cry me a river will you, you don't have to put up with a tier 0 tank that cannot be realistically killed by anything other than a sapper.

3 hours ago, khbeowuf said:

WT bloody F! 

Seriously??

The allied side gets 2 Tier 2 Tanks (A tank has turret) and the axis gets 1 Tier 3 assault gun (no turret)  WITHOUT Lmg... 

In addition, all your sherms and churchs VII gets Smoke launchers.... The Allieds SPAA with the cusader hull... And you still complain?

1 person likes this

First of all Thank you Rats. Every step is more than welcome.

Secondly, Come oooooon!

We haven't seen it yet and already complaints?! 

Let's wait and see...

BOTH sides get new toys. The opponent will need to deal with them.

For those complaining about stug H

Reading about it, It is meant for close range.

Now, thinks what it means close range in this game, without turret and lmg. 

Take it easy!!

4 people like this

24 minutes ago, piska250 said:

First of all Thank you Rats. Every step is more than welcome.

Secondly, Come oooooon!

We haven't seen it yet and already complaints?! 

Let's wait and see...

BOTH sides get new toys. The opponent will need to deal with them.

For those complaining about stug H

Reading about it, It is meant for close range.

Now, thinks what it means close range in this game, without turret and lmg. 

Take it easy!!

This is an smart post.

S!

If it (StuH) has only got HE and Smoke its not an issue. And really complaining about Sherm and Ch7 getting smoke ffs, thats only to match ALL the axis 75mm armed weapons.

5 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

If it (StuH) has only got HE and Smoke its not an issue. And really complaining about Sherm and Ch7 getting smoke ffs, thats only to match ALL the axis 75mm armed weapons.

LOL, you want the StuH without AP and MG.... Then, I want the Cru CS & Church CS withouth AP too and without MG too..... We are not complaining about Sherms and CH7 getting smoke... I dont know where you read that and i dont understand "only to match ALL the axis 75mm armed weapons" And the allied 75 and 76mm weapons?? We Axis do not need smoke to match those guns too??

Your comrade started to whine about the StuH without trying or testing absolutely nothing..... The StuH has a L28 Gun, no turret, no MG...., and you guys got 2 Close Support Tanks with their turrets their Mgs etc. and you still crying around...

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

No CS tanks carry AP rounds. So yeah I'll be happy for that to happen.

No AP rounds, but HEAT ammo. When I said AP ammo (my fault) I meant Antitank proyectiles, Armor Piercing or Hollow ones. Anyways, those guns are no designed to Antitank warfare...maybe they can carry a dozen HEAT rounds "just in case" .

Lets recognize that a close support GUN without MG is more difficult to survive than your CS tanks.... That is a fact, and I dont see reasons to complain from you side.

Lets enjoy and test those toys. Then if you want, we can argue more accurately.

There are NO AP  Heat or otherwise in the current CS tanks. Unless the CH5 95mm gets one. SO NO CS TANK IS A THREAT TO ANY AXIS TANK atm.

2 people like this

Really, Axis the complaints.

Where to start. Your weapons have a greater accuracy at a distance the allies cant fight at. 1.75k- 2.5k Our optics cant barely see your tank. This is throughout all our tiers.

Your LMG is almost laser guided, whereas ours sprays very wide. 

Etc. so get off your soap box and wait and see what is presented in game.

34 minutes ago, imded said:

Really, Axis the complaints.

Where to start. Your weapons have a greater accuracy at a distance the allies cant fight at. 1.75k- 2.5k Our optics cant barely see your tank. This is throughout all our tiers.

Your LMG is almost laser guided, whereas ours sprays very wide. 

Etc. so get off your soap box and wait and see what is presented in game.

IMded after reading your post. 

Totally agree with your last sentence, Lets play and see.

Church V CS has a limited number of HEAT rounds that are very effective against all axis tanks.

With the changes in HE, it should make all the CS tanks more effective when used correctly. 

7 minutes ago, SCKING said:

Church V CS has a limited number of HEAT rounds that are very effective against all axis tanks.

With the changes in HE, it should make all the CS tanks more effective when used correctly. 

Ty for the info. Like I supposed.

Hoping for a smooth and good patch, not just for tankers but infantry as well. We'll see. 

I find it fascinating how people are already complaining about a patch and what it will and won't do when it hasn't even happened yet.  

That being said for those of us that have been here through thick and thin over the vast amount of years, isn't it awesome that we now are able to be complaining about patches that were never supposed to even have been possible?

See you all on the battlefield! 

S!

4 people like this

Looking forward to the new patch! GJ all who put time and effort into it. Cant wait to try it out.

Secondly, Axis stop with this boring argument......

5 hours ago, saffroli said:

Oh cry me a river will you, you don't have to put up with a tier 0 tank that cannot be realistically killed by anything other than a sapper.

Putting up with a superior tank for 1 week per campaign, and we are supposed to feel sorry for you? Plus there are only 2 of them per armor brigade, and only half of those at that (brits only)!

6 hours ago, kase250 said:

The allied side gets 2 Tier 2 Tanks (A tank has turret) and the axis gets 1 Tier 3 assault gun (no turret)  WITHOUT Lmg... 

In addition, all your sherms and churchs VII gets Smoke launchers.... The Allieds SPAA with the cusader hull... And you still complain?

Exactly what I thought. Make the man happy and give axis the Marder in tier 2  and the Stug H in tier 3 while giving the allies an Archer in Tier 3. I hope he likes that more.

PS: I am really looking forward to the results of the audits. THX for the work you spent on that, guys!

Edited by vanapo
Addition

... and I hope the Sturmhaubitze carries HEAT rounds too. Because it did. Standard loadout was 10 rounds of HEAT according to wikipedia.

Looking forward to lob them onto allied rooftops!