• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Blkhwk8

1.35.13 Patch

85 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, imded said:

Where to start. Your weapons have a greater accuracy at a distance the allies cant fight at. 1.75k- 2.5k Our optics cant barely see your tank. This is throughout all our tiers.

Can not say about ballistic accuracy, but those will be what they will be.
If gun A shot tighter, than so be it.
For quite a few tiers, only the flak36 can consistently play the reach out and touch someone game from 2.5k
Not that it has super optics, it just has a long high velocity gun.
It does not fair too well though, when someone places a return call

But optics wise, actually allied optics generally have higher magnification than the axis
Tiger for example is only 2.5x  M4A2 and M10 are 3.0x
tiger has a wider FOV, but the magnification is lower

M4A3 Sherman 76mm runs a 5x set of optics

Pak 36 has 1.5x to the 2pdr's 1.9x

Overall axis optics tend to have less magnification and a wider FOV
The early Zeiss lenses did not need the magnification due to better clarity and brightness
Allied optics ran higher mags with a narrower FOV to overcome the fuzzy sight picture and dim picture.

And the game does not replicate the early advantage of the coated Zeiss lenses (or more correctly, the disadvantage of not having them)
So Karl Zeiss it is for everyone, for now.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

Can not say about ballistic accuracy, but those will be what they will be.
If gun A shot tighter, than so be it.
For quite a few tiers, only the flak36 can consistently play the reach out and touch someone game from 2.5k
Not that it has super optics, it just has a long high velocity gun.
It does not fair too well though, when someone places a return call

But optics wise, actually allied optics generally have higher magnification than the axis
Tiger for example is only 2.5x  M4A2 and M10 are 3.0x
tiger has a wider FOV, but the magnification is lower

M4A3 Sherman 76mm runs a 5x set of optics

Pak 36 has 1.5x to the 2pdr's 1.9x

Overall axis optics tend to have less magnification and a wider FOV
The early Zeiss lenses did not need the magnification due to better clarity and brightness
Allied optics ran higher mags with a narrower FOV to overcome the fuzzy sight picture and dim picture.

And the game does not replicate the early advantage of the coated Zeiss lenses (or more correctly, the disadvantage of not having them)
So Karl Zeiss it is for everyone, for now.

The S76 in the game is not 5x sites, they are 3x sites. The M10 I think still retains the 5x sites... however both should be 3x.  The BEF has 1.9x and 2.3x sites. Nothing better. All the BEFs 2pdr AFVs have 1.9x sites, all the 6pdrs and qf75s are 2.3x. So the BEF actually overall has the worst sites, though you can dial in the range, the range is difficult to keep track on the reticle. The US equipment sites are fairly decent.. BUT what makes the German sites superior even with some of them having less range is the reticle and function.  You can see your range dialed in easily and a larger crosshair. They are just better that way, you don't get confused what tick mark you shot from like the US sites. Which blows my mind why the US would not have created a site reticle that literally seems to require a good sense of Kentucky windage to get good at them.  ON the axis side I would guess my first shot and if I was short I would just dial down the site crosshair to where the round landed then I was on target or very close. On the allied side adjust my sites to be at 400-600m and when I get into combat its all holding off with some adjustments for shots over 1k. Adjusting the crosshair to the first impact does not move your crosshair like the Axis dial in range does so that benefit for easy ranging is just not available for the allied tanks.

2 hours ago, charger186 said:

What can we expect in regards to the air game overall? Will AXIS bombs be more effective against tanks? Will DB7’s and HAVOCS still be able to bomb next to the deck without suffering damage? Will high level bombing be effective? Will we see a significant improvement in the performance of aircraft munitions?

Big bombs have increased shrapnel but not completely up to historic numbers yet. Due to the amount of shrapnel a bomb can produce, it takes a lot of computing power to calculate them all. As we continue to improve the client (64 bit being the first step), we should be able to increase the shrapnel. But from our tests, bombs worked well, still need a near hit to a direct hit in small and medium tanks, and a direct hit on heavy tanks. 

As for air vs air, we did our best to test it, I can say it works. We did our best to create a live game environment to test on but you still have to be a good shot in order to take things out. :) We know the cannon were audited to historic values so we shall see soon what else we need to look at.

4 minutes ago, stankyus said:

The S76 in the game is not 5x sites, they are 3x sites. The M10 I think still retains the 5x sites

go fire up game in offline mode
should be 3X mag on M10 and M4A2
M4A3 should have the later sight updated for the 76mm M1 gun, higher mag ?

Brit sights as you say are consistent for the duration for the most part
in some places better than their opposition, in some places, a little less.

Yes the reticle on US sights is not as easy.
But the thing it is, is very simple, resistant to damage or being knocked out of calibration etc.
And unlike us guys, the guys that were using them trained with them, learned their range cards etc and could kind of just look and know
almost like instinct.
They had to, for them it was life and death.
For us, it is just for fun and the worse that happens is we have to respawn, we arent spending X amount of time in gunnery school and such.

1 person likes this

S76 has much better than 3x , suspect it's close to 6x , will need to check tho.

Of course one of the major headaches is is the problem of switching between about 7 or 8 different sight pictures. 

And definitely the Brit 2pndr tank guns are the worst, you can barely see Pak36 at ranges they can easily paste A13/15s.

But what changes are we gonna have to hitting and penetration with the new rounds ???? A guide to this would be nice

I read 10pm server time updates starts. Will take 60 to 90 minutes.

1 person likes this

Great job with getting another update ready!

Couple points:
***Smoke, thats only to match ALL the axis 75mm armed weapons

Uhm, all of 2 axis 75mm have smoke, all the axis 75mm do not get SMOKE.

*** Our MP40 and MP34 is just as crap as your greasegun

Grease gun is the best SMG in game by far, over a 1.0 KD every map - the mp34 conversely is around 0.70

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, delems said:

Couple points:

Grease gun is the best SMG in game by far, over a 1.0 KD every map - the mp34 conversely is around 0.70

Mp34 once the ballistics are in should increase significantly. The Italian smg and grease gun are very similar. 

17 minutes ago, delems said:

Couple points:

I am assuming all 75's will get smoke

Bad assumption - they don't - unless changing; right now only 2x 75mm units have smoke.

Regarding the Stu H:

The StuH carried 36 rounds, normally a mix of high explosive and shaped charge rounds. (HE, APHE, HEAT)

Machine Guns: One or two 7.92mm MG34s

So, it sounds like it should be a good TD, if modeled correctly.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

DELEMS just so you can check this lol...and pls forgive me allied tankers.

I believe the Tiger sights are borked . I believe they should be 5x. At the moment they are nowhere near that - seem similar to P4

Looking offline 

in order of worst to best quickly tested

a13/15 2pounder tanks  1.9 

similar sights Tiger / 6lber tanks/ P4/ sherm 75 ..assumed 2.4 -  3x   Seems to be a bigger jump from 1.9 to 2.4 axis than from 2.4 to 3.0 allied as well

better 

s35/stuart these maybe 4x

best 

Stug - Sherm 76  These look about 5x

SOMETHING Isnt right

Edited by goreblimey

The Tiger 1E was aimed by sighting through a Turmzeifernrohr 9b binocular gunsight.  The sights were made by Lietz before the Tiger switched to the monocular TZF 9c version in March ‘44.  The sight had a 2.5x magnification with a FOV of 25 degrees.

From ‘Tiger Tank’ by Fletcher, Wiley and Hayton.

1 person likes this

In that case its fine lol. 

Also the others are 2.5 not 2.4 ....still seems a much bigger gap btwn 1.9/2.5 than 2.5/3.0

Edited by goreblimey

I have a pair of Leica bino's. Magnification isn't everything. Those little binos have some of the best glass I've ever looked through. Maybe we need to update clarity?

1 person likes this

Does this patch fix the small arms AP/ball ammo?

Also, sounds like allies will have like 5 tanks with smoke, vrs 2 or 3 for axis ?

Including some with lots of supply in lists.

We have 2 tanks with smoke in HQ, allies have 7. (last I checked and before patch)

Edited by delems

32 minutes ago, delems said:

Also, sounds like allies will have like 5 tanks with smoke, vrs 2 or 3 for axis ?

We have 2 tanks with smoke in HQ, allies have 7. (last I checked and before patch)

THE TOE AUDIT is still being worked on. Tanks will not have an equal to equal ratio. One thing you need to remember is Allied side is split between 3 separate Countries and Axis are not. So to state allied side has 5 tanks with smoke is not completely accurate as they can not all spawn from one flag

1 hour ago, delems said:

Yes - all small arms with the exception of the BAR are firing ball... looking hard at the grenade issue, but the frags and velocities are exactly where they should be. It appears there may be an interaction issue outside of simple external ballistics - the way in which smaller frags interact with an infantry target, but that's a guess at the moment. Everything else seems spot on... so i expect hatch and I will be chasing that in the next few days to see if some of the human effects modeling is in fact correct. From what I can see it may be ok for fast lethal frags, but the smaller wounding frags may not be transferring their energy properly to a tgt. Impossible to say yet. 

I do believe there are serious misconceptions in the community on grenade lethality.

i recently shared some rather graphic medical info with some of the team. One instance included a WWII style frag grenade going off in the left hand of the victim. It took his hand off and killed him, but contrary to popular belief it did blow him asunder. Lots of small frag injuries but even there you would have thought actually holding a grenade went it went off would have done far more. That's as point blank/direct hit as there can be. 

All this is a polite way of saying that most grenades are not the human killing machines players think they should be. They are fickle little beasts, and the vast majority of the frags will wound rather than kill. This is what believes us to think the issue is the human model and not the munition performance. 

You don't have to take our word here. Simply google grenade fragments or grenade wounds and you'll see for yourself. A grenade thrown into a confined space with standing targets wounds many but did not kill. In other instances a single grenade can kill 4 in the same environment.

If I had to guess it's that the smaller non lethal frags aren't registering their proper wound potential cumulatively even though they are impacting in the right Q, velocity and mass. Cumulatively each may cause an internal bleed that results in rapid death by bleedout while not individually being lethal. 

Edited by scotsman
2 people like this

Speaking of human effects... you will find that reload times were also audited. Large caliber WPNS reload at their historical sustained rates of fire now..

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Sudden said:

When should we expect the need to upgrade our 5yr old computers?

Im using a 5+ year old CPU and GPU.

Had no problems running the Beta....

8 minutes ago, scotsman said:

Speaking of human effects... you will find that reload times were also audited. Large caliber WPNS reload at their historical sustained rates of fire now..

ooh so does this mean the tank reload times are accurate? I would love to see the data on what we used, a modern loader must do it in 7 secs.. but usually done in three. different subject but i would love the traverse times on the PZs to get audited too... i can hand crank a real one faster.. LOL should be an interesting change. thanks for the work.

9 minutes ago, black5 said:

ooh so does this mean the tank reload times are accurate? I would love to see the data on what we used, a modern loader must do it in 7 secs.. but usually done in three. different subject but i would love the traverse times on the PZs to get audited too... i can hand crank a real one faster.. LOL should be an interesting change. thanks for the work.

Accurate as can be made for not knowing what rack you are pulling the ammo from. Turret racks obviously reload faster than hull racks, but what we attempted was an average across all the racks in a given vehicle. Traverse speeds did get audited. As you know, sustained rate of fire is also different than a mad minute. 

1 person likes this

Just now, scotsman said:

Accurate as can be made for not knowing what rack you are pulling the ammo from. Turret racks obviously reload faster than hull racks, but what we attempted was an average across all the racks in a given vehicle. Traverse speeds did get audited. As you know, sustained rate of fire is also different than a mad minute. 

ok rgr that, i might have been easiest to just go with the speed of the ready turret racks,  i appreciate the work.