lipton

Opinions on KE/HE Patch?

83 posts in this topic

I'm surprised no one is talking about the patch. 

Real life requires most of my time... So, I only play this game on Tuesdays. That's a long way off. Can you guys give me a review of what ya'll think of the patch so far please. 

1 person likes this

Why must they release a patch when I'm going camping over the weekend?  :)

Hope I can sneak a hour in tonight.

At work too. Had the same will to post the question but heard there are problems with the ranks and such 

I’m on holiday so unable to play. I’m taking the lack of omgthisisawfulwtfomg noise as a positive 

Well I messed around with it for a bit when it went live. I only had the opportunity to try out the armor load and traverse times on some of the PZrs seem to have about a 7 sec ish reload time and more correct traverse times.  I did not have the opportunity to test the KE HE properties

Seems that, from offline testing, that ATGs have had their rate of fire changed to slower, excep tthe French and US 57mm. They still fire very quickly at the old RoF. 6lber and pak38 are glacial compared to it...The 57mms also have their old reload audio, so it looks like it wasn't updated at all. 

Several kits are locked out in the Britt and French.

French : Laffly, 6 pounder, grease gun and rifle are locked. Maybe some other items I forgot.

Didn't stay in game long as you could not set a FMS without a Laffly.

Servers were reset to fix the reports. 

If you are still experiencing issues, please use the .bug feature

2 hours ago, moe5000 said:

Seems that, from offline testing, that ATGs have had their rate of fire changed to slower, excep tthe French and US 57mm. They still fire very quickly at the old RoF. 6lber and pak38 are glacial compared to it...The 57mms also have their old reload audio, so it looks like it wasn't updated at all. 

will check ... US 57mm and 6pdr are the same gun for all practical purposes - running through QA now

Threw an axis grenade at my feet (live server). Didn’t die beyond 1,50m. Just a bit hurt.

3 minutes ago, Zebbeee said:

Threw an axis grenade at my feet (live server). Didn’t die beyond 1,50m. Just a bit hurt.

standing?? 

4 minutes ago, Zebbeee said:

Hatch and Scotsman working on that for a future update

16 minutes ago, scotsman said:

standing?? 

Yes, tried 4 times. Maybe it's more 2 meters.

Pictures :

1527798490-sshot31.png

1527798488-sshot32.png

1527798489-sshot33.png

5th time closer I died :

1527798632-sshot34.png

1527798632-sshot35.png

copy all - I am thinking its not the munition itself - likely the human effects modeling of frags less than one gram in size not causing internal injury as they should - I'm on it...

2 people like this

Definitely a bug with AI now: Indirect HE does *NOT* kill AI towers. Up until now, a few HE mortar rounds were able to blow up an AI tower no problem; they did NOT need to be direct hits. Now, it's impossible. Also, at least one of my HE rounds was a direct hit on top of the HE tower but did not destroy it (up until now, this would have blown the AI tower). In fact, as far as I can tell, killing AI towers with mortar HE is simply not possible now. Also, I tossed a grenade into an AI tower (*into* the tower, bounced down onto the AI MGer from the roof) and the grenade did NOT kill the tower.

Aside from the (presumably bug?) issues with AI, this might be one of the best patches (if not *the* best patch) in the history of the game. Everything (and I mean everything; except AI) seems to be improved; ATR vs armored cars seems MUCH better; anecdotally, I was on a depot roof and an HE round that landed nearby wounded me when I know FOR SURE it would NOT have wounded me in the past.

Many thanks! <S>

Edited by xanthus
1 person likes this

Please keep in mind that all these changes does not mean everything gets increased in damage power...   Some stuff may have change to be  less damaging.     We went for realism   

But please submit bug reports so we can double check it

1 person likes this

So, Axis nades might be "less damaging"??  I know they were concussion nades, but man... that would suck for the Axis. 

Kind of like the Allied Sniper being "less accurate" compared to the Axis Sniper is going to REALLY suck, I guess lol. 

Edited by lipton

Same problem with French grenades. Even worse I would say

2 people like this

Some weird stuff with nades to be sure. I know it is being looked into so don't want to beat a dead horse. 

If it helps at all, we found with allied nades, if you dropped one inside the inf spawn building (AB), you could lay down on top of it and survive with very little taken out of you. If you did the same thing outside the spawn on the grass it would kill you instantly.

I tested on training server with Axis inf as well and found the same to be true.

1 person likes this