• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SCKING

CRS Video Dev Report

12 posts in this topic

In case you didn't see it.. Xoom did a great job on it. 

2 people like this

Large towns cut in multiple smaller towns. Had forgotten this one and this is probably my highest pre-wootage expectation as I currently hate large town battles and this will be awesome !

Actually my second highest expectation after the new UI

Thank you very much xoom, this video is great in content , in design and in rythm

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, Zebbeee said:

Large towns cut in multiple smaller towns. Had forgotten this one and this is probably my highest pre-wootage expectation as I currently hate large town battles and this will be awesome !

This. [censored] large towns, but this could actually make them fun. 

15 minutes ago, gretnine said:

This. [censored] large towns, but this could actually make them fun. 

Not every large existing town will be split initially.
But if it plays out good, the other large ones will get the same treatment.
Myself, i am pretty sure i will be dissecting the others.

Is much easier building them that way to begin with than hacking them up externally after the fact

3 hours ago, Zebbeee said:

Actually my second highest expectation after the new UI

Thank you very much xoom, this video is great in content , in design and in rythm

yes, thanks to whole team and volunteers for great work, development and delivery. 

In case I forgot to say it. It's really nice to see all this work coming together. Well done rats.

1 person likes this

Are there any unique visual cues to distinguish the StuH 42 from the games StuG G, apart from the lighter textured and different barrel? Also, what sound is it using? Sounds very similar to the 75mm low velocity gun on the Pz4D & StuG B.

Yeah I'm most excited for the split cities.  We can have real urban combat with more defined front lines now. 

I would bet the most fun and the one to have the biggest impact on the game will be the split of big cities.. 

But please take in account precamps! Make those split cities harder to precamp and add more game warnings that enemy presence is detected at X city without opposition.

1 minute ago, pbveteran said:

Make those split cities harder to precamp and add more game warnings that enemy presence is detected at X city without opposition.

Well, consider this.
At a minimum EWS will start going off at 700m
and if you stand in the wrong place, you could be potentially setting off EWS for several sectors simultaneously
which is going to look really funny for anyone looking at the map

Also factor in this.
How much exactly can you precamp?
Have you the forces to precamp every AB in antwerp? and every Depot? including crosstown depots?
With each sector tripping EWS and yelling enemy XYZ spotted near --------

And how many AO's do you have free?
Its going to take you one AO per sector.

Oh you could do it, with enough people and a large amount of coordination
it would be a large undertaking, and if you pulled it off, lots of HC medals would be in order i think.
But while you are doing it, if you get a foot in the door, be careful, you are facing multiple standalone entities within spitting distance of you.

Right now, you can send 3 guys to antwerp, drop 3 FMS off in the woods someplace
and run 3 guys back n forth across the city moling it for days.
And to defend and recap it, you got guys running back n forth back n forth, until someone gets tired of running.
Rarely does a real fight happen, so much space to try to defend all at once, and also for the attacker hard because you can push in good
but can not use any of the ground you have taken even if you hold the entire south side of town and just losing a spawnable can set you back to square one
or the FB goes down but you owned half the town.

Without a different kind of capture/control system (which would be a fairly long term goal to do one) it does not make
the town terribly fun, even when there were 2000 people on line.
Hoping that by dividing it in sections, which would allow both attack and defender to more organize and concentrate their efforts instead of just draw straws and pick a direction, that it will be more fun and give the attacker a chance to use the territory captured as well as the defender a more fun chance
and also get to actually use the town, lots of good places in it for inner city fighting, road blocks, ambushes etc.

Small towns are ok as things are, you kind of expect that you either take them or you dont, you either defend them or you don't
but the big ones need help being fun.

Hope it will play out that way.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0