Zebbeee

12 months package now available on steam

35 posts in this topic

Good news! I hope this will boost subscriptions from steam! Pass the word to those who may be interested,

Let's send the news to all positive reviewers but also to those who gave a negative one because of the price. I'll start with French ones.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/251950/announcements/detail/1649886983775252208

Btw, any update for the Amazon release?

1 person likes this

I believe you can update your plan through steam, no?

this offer already existed for playgate accounts 

I will check gore.

As far as access thru steam a percentage of the sub goes to steam, that's how they make their money. 

So I don't see our organic subs going anywhere anytime soon.

Whats new in this offer? Cant see any difference on my account page under special offers …….:confused:

WW2 online front page advertises Special offer for June , but my account page only shows the normal  12 month easypay 14.99/ monthly 18$ / prepay 90 day $44.99.

This 12 mnth prepay i cant find . I could be going blind of course.

Edited by goreblimey

14 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

I could be going blind of course.

Did you take my glasses?
I am seeing the same as you

WPNG38A.png

Right now this is serving as a test, and there’s another test on the way to see how the Steam customers are going to respond to price point. It’s a delicate balance to maintain the status quo and explore solutions for growth, and I’m trying some things out. 

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Right now this is serving as a test, and there’s another test on the way to see how the Steam customers are going to respond to price point. It’s a delicate balance to maintain the status quo and explore solutions for growth, and I’m trying some things out. 

I like it.  Please keep us posted how things turn out.  

1 person likes this

It would be interesting to introduce other 12 month packages but with less content or more limitations, and thus at lower prices. Ideally with something starting at $23.99 (fully replacing the current f2p account, even on playgate) up to a full builder package. 

Players should eventually keep this low cost account to keep their account name/rank active. Deleting accounts after 1 year inactive (paying) subscription could make veterans react. It's not much compared to a 1month package, but 500 sleeping accounts could still contribute to $12 000 revenue a year.

A new pay-per-rank monthly-model would also be interesting to try out. Each time you reach max rank points, a pop-up asks for your permission to update your monthly plan. You can refuse or delay your promotion, and still lower your rank later as well.

Now, paying model or not, wwiiol must become bullet proof to critics. Look at the most played game on steam " playersunknown's battleground" : MMO FPS with negative review, paying model and still millions on users 24/24.

1528634904-sans-titre.png

1528635152-sans-titre2.png

You could do the same as other games, and just have everyone pay a one-time fee of $59.95 up front, to download the game.  That would have saved me about $4940 ... so far :lol:

4 hours ago, lipton said:

You could do the same as other games, and just have everyone pay a one-time fee of $59.95 up front, to download the game.  That would have saved me about $4940 ... so far :lol:

And the game would die due to overhead costs. That's why COD releases a new game every year.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, lipton said:

And whose server are you going to play it on?
Isnt like you just fire up ww2dedsvr.exe and yell hey guys, my server is up

1 person likes this

1,000,000 downloads at $20 adds up to plenty of Blow and Hookers.

1 person likes this

59 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

1,000,000 downloads at $20 adds up to plenty of Blow and Hookers.

the download is free, and the game is free to try.
No one is forking out 60 bucks, for an online only MMO
that they can not even try or anything beforehand risk free.

those days are 15 years gone into the past.
even WOW gives away everything but the latest expansion free anymore
with an unlimited free trial (to level 20 and 1 gold max, or something like that)

Edited by merlin51

3 hours ago, merlin51 said:

the download is free, and the game is free to try.
No one is forking out 60 bucks, for an online only MMO
that they can not even try or anything beforehand risk free.

those days are 15 years gone into the past.
even WOW gives away everything but the latest expansion free anymore
with an unlimited free trial (to level 20 and 1 gold max, or something like that)

if noone is forking out $60 for an online mmo, how do you hope to attract customers when you want $200/year (18x12 less whatever discount are applied)

Perhaps you experiment on steam would have paid off more with a 1 off payment of $10 for FTP. 

And dont get me started on my pet peeve of discriminatory pricing, with the excuse of seeking price points.

We are now about two weeks into this offer's availability with marginal increase in active Steam users.

Has an experience boost subscription been considered? As in, something to shorten the grind to new players looking to rank up and access the better equipment. It is certain that the game's current points-reward system is very grindy and this could be popular for the newbies, it would function similar to premium modes offered by other games.

Just offering a "demo" account instead of f2p, and set up free-play weekends (Premium access for demo/f2p/wbs players) during summer holidays?