• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
imded

Alien wood at the walled AB

10 posts in this topic

Why why why are the gates at the AB (which looks like wood) made from alien, extremely hard, wood? Why is it able to flip a tank?

It should be just a visual thing and the direction it points (to the inside of the ab) benefits the attacker.

Remove them or make them just a visual thing.

This has p'd me off for years and I have suggested this before.

1 person likes this

Anything that's collidable can flip a tank. Anything that's not colidable, an infantryman can walk right through.

There's no middle ground or graduated application between "collidable" and "not collidable". That's a design limitation of the physics code.

Back when the game was first started the AB was just a chain link fence, which offered no cover and became a campfest. This gives the defenders a chance to push out with some cover. I have even seen some players drive a tank up on rubble within the AB to be able to get turret over the wall and utilize it for protection. 

I'm not sure that the gates really serve much purpose, maybe they could be changed to a full height metal gate but opened much further so they are almost against the wall.

1 person likes this

I think the gates were put in to prevent attackers from driving into the AB really quick.

I dont see how this prevents it and it unfortunately deters the defenders.

Serves no purpose...

1 person likes this

On 6/7/2018 at 6:11 AM, imded said:

Why why why are the gates at the AB (which looks like wood) made from alien, extremely hard, wood? Why is it able to flip a tank?

It should be just a visual thing and the direction it points (to the inside of the ab) benefits the attacker.

Remove them or make them just a visual thing.

This has p'd me off for years and I have suggested this before.

At one time it was a door, but then that beam with wire. 

IMHO, should make it a door again

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:01 PM, Pittpete said:

I think the gates were put in to prevent attackers from driving into the AB really quick.

I dont see how this prevents it and it unfortunately deters the defenders.

Serves no purpose...

The way I see it. It helps the people on the outside and not the people inside.

1 person likes this

Is there any work on this? If nothing else, the gate should face out to hamper the incoming traffic, not the outgoing traffic.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0