moe5000

Paranoid vets...

26 posts in this topic

...need to get a grip.

I just made a new f2p account so I could use the bofors for a few weeks. Checking Cps and recapping some. Bouncing around. 

Then on side chat some paranoid lunatic vet announces "*** is (a prominent Allied player) 2nd account, probing CPs, everyone report him!!"

Seriously, get a life. I see this guy doing the same garbage to a bunch of new players. Way to welcome people and make them feel wanted and have a good time, by accusing them of being spies and harassing them. 

People should report the HARASSERS, not the poor green tags. 

I am so sick to death of seeing this on side chat allied side too: "so and so is hacking" - no they're outplaying you "so and so is spying" - seriously even when that did happen at times it was irrelevant because if they announced such info on the Axis side they'd be torn to pieces just like they would here. "So and so is deliberately smoking my fms so i get camped by a 232!" yes they are smoking it because they're a noob and that's what noobs tend to do. Even if they want to cause grief it's usually because they're some child from an FPS shooter who doesn't know better, not because they're part of some grand conspiracy. My favourite of all is 'they lag but we don't lag to them! - yes they're laggy, I know i lag to some also and I know I have no problems killing them.

Obviously there will be an occasional one who is so needy they will resort to something they shouldn't but seriously these come up so often on chat nowadays and yet in 600 ish sorties this map I never died once unexpectedly or in a way that made me think 'they're up to no good'. 

I've even been told not to announce attacks at times because of 'spais'. I ignore it, I want the side onboard with attacks and even if the occassional one may be doing just that (because they're [censored] at the game and need a crutch) it will not stop a motivated & organised team.

Paranoia kills your side, your squad and the game far quicker than some lone basement dweller that occurs once a blue moon

7 people like this

It’s entirely counter productive, it’s off putting and we need to do better. It’s easy to get caught up in things and react. This is going to be one of those things the community is going to have to self police and check others on.

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, moe5000 said:

...need to get a grip.

I just made a new f2p account so I could use the bofors for a few weeks. Checking Cps and recapping some. Bouncing around. 

Then on side chat some paranoid lunatic vet announces "*** is (a prominent Allied player) 2nd account, probing CPs, everyone report him!!"

Seriously, get a life. I see this guy doing the same garbage to a bunch of new players. Way to welcome people and make them feel wanted and have a good time, by accusing them of being spies and harassing them. 

PREACH ON!!!    You'd be depressed about how many reports come in about 'spy' and the accused is a 1 sortie player who's overwhelmed.   Does a lot to drive new players away

To that topic I can only say SING like a bird, and what I mean by that is be very very very active in the chat.

Last time I played Allied , I used my free account as Dre22 obvious  Green Tag  ( I do have to say even as Dre21 I never ran into the spy accusation or been harrassed)  

Axis had an AO on town but we pushed out , Myself as a rifle was way out ahead midway between town and FB and I kept marking ,reporting and being very active in chat, the Armor that followed and the Truck that set the FMS then to blow the FB was able to make a smooth assault without loosing a unit . 

Yes I'm not ur Green tag Green tag but I don't think my Dre22 name hides anything either , I think most Allied players that I run into know I'm 99.5 Axis , heck my squad tag shows it Feldjgr even as Dre22.

Stankyus asked if I was actually Dre21, I confirmed he thanked me for playing Allied , Arno invited me onto TeamSpeak to show me how to take out a 232 with a Rifle . Unfortunately the Allies got steamrolled that map and I did not get a chance to play much on the Allied that campaign . 

But my plan is next time to come as Dre21 use all the Allied equipment  ( I got enough rank to do so) 

But my motto stays the same, I play hardcore both sides ,be very active in chat and on the map , and have fun.

19 hours ago, moe5000 said:

...need to get a grip.

I was on last night when that happened...........and when you called them out on who you really were it was a lol moment and a hand to the face.  

People have to realized green tags, low rank players are NOT spies.....at least 99.99% of them anyway.  We all clammor for wanting new people and then when we see them doing something "odd" or acting in a certain way you have to realize most of the time they have no idea what the hell their doing...........remember your first time?

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, catfive said:

I am so sick to death of seeing this on side chat allied side too: "so and so is hacking" - no they're outplaying you "so and so is spying" - seriously even when that did happen at times it was irrelevant because if they announced such info on the Axis side they'd be torn to pieces just like they would here. "So and so is deliberately smoking my fms so i get camped by a 232!" yes they are smoking it because they're a noob and that's what noobs tend to do. Even if they want to cause grief it's usually because they're some child from an FPS shooter who doesn't know better, not because they're part of some grand conspiracy. My favourite of all is 'they lag but we don't lag to them! - yes they're laggy, I know i lag to some also and I know I have no problems killing them.

Obviously there will be an occasional one who is so needy they will resort to something they shouldn't but seriously these come up so often on chat nowadays and yet in 600 ish sorties this map I never died once unexpectedly or in a way that made me think 'they're up to no good'. 

I've even been told not to announce attacks at times because of 'spais'. I ignore it, I want the side onboard with attacks and even if the occassional one may be doing just that (because they're [censored] at the game and need a crutch) it will not stop a motivated & organised team.

Paranoia kills your side, your squad and the game far quicker than some lone basement dweller that occurs once a blue moon

I missed you Catfive glad to have you back.

4 hours ago, catfive said:

+10  maybe even once in two moons.

Image result for paranoia quotes

2 people like this

1 hour ago, bmw said:

I was on last night when that happened...........and when you called them out on who you really were it was a lol moment and a hand to the face.  

People have to realized green tags, low rank players are NOT spies.....at least 99.99% of them anyway.  We all clammor for wanting new people and then when we see them doing something "odd" or acting in a certain way you have to realize most of the time they have no idea what the hell their doing...........remember your first time?

I wasn't even doing anything suspicious. I was checking CPs and doing $here on chat LOL.   We had a severe lack of people in that town so I was doing the rounds.  

Just insanity. 

Oh, and my first sortie I got stuck in an AI pit, the ones you couldnt get out of lol.  I was ready to quit right there until a guy told me what to do and invited me into his squad. Showed me the ropes and I was hooked. 

Edited by moe5000

45 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

use .ignore ingame

actually those a-holes need to be brought to the attention of CRS (ideally with screenshots)(or a .report so there's a timestamp referencing when the chat logs need to be looked at).  There are a few players who have most likely done more to drive off new players than any bug/glitch/bad graphic we've ever had.  

3 people like this

that drives me mad. 
I've been within 20m of an fms and the ML has pm'd me to say stop firing at the ei trying to blow it "because I am attracting them". He then smoked me and his own fms... "because it was the only way to stop me firing".
The insanity of that just overwhelmed me, frankly. 
After I asked whether he was an 11 yr old (he's not. He's all grown up like me), he said he would report me for spying and tell all his friends what a piece of work I am.

Some people really need to chill out a bit. Even today, I swear some of these players are about to have a stroke the amount of stress they put themselves under. Just take a breath. Play WELL, yes, but play the game and let others do the same.

It's never happened to my 2nd account. But, then again... my 2nd account has NEVER played anything but 1 side... Allied.  And typically, it's just driving a truck for tow and setting the FMS. 

On 6/7/2018 at 7:57 PM, moe5000 said:

I believe that this is in fact the case and that the thread here is a meta-level conspiracy about a real conspiracy.

Yeah it’s almost like you have a bunch of disgruntled vets with 15 years of service who have seen bad actors time and time again. It does hurt new players and turn them off I’m sure. Sad thing is for every one guy trying to work with and help new players, there are ten complaining about it too.  Also see new folks complain about the game while in play. Very few bother to help them to understand it. Although credit where credit is due, when it comes to spies abusing the system, the rats do hunt down serious offenders and deal with them.  

1 person likes this

Sorry to hear that Moz. ATM I see a lot of primary Axis Vets on the allied side. Very happy to have them. They are playing a primary role on the allied side doing some serious game play for the Allied side. IF they where Axis, we would be at the Allied factories weeks ago. ALSO IF they actually knew you as a Axis player, they would also know you as also a Allied player.  I love the fact that ppl do switch up, its educational as well as a good change in pace.  You are a great player and I think if someone sees you in the same uniform, they should be thankful.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, black5 said:

Yeah it’s almost like you have a bunch of disgruntled vets with 15 years of service who have seen bad actors time and time again. It does hurt new players and turn them off I’m sure. Sad thing is for every one guy trying to work with and help new players, there are ten complaining about it too.  Also see new folks complain about the game while in play. Very few bother to help them to understand it. Although credit where credit is due, when it comes to spies abusing the system, the rats do hunt down serious offenders and deal with them.  

Sorry, I've played the game since 2003 and in that time I've seen spying about 5 times. 99.9% of the claims of spying are simply you getting outplayed/out thought. 

Really, if cheats/hackers are constantly being removed from game, it's pretty naive to assume there are no spies. Doesn't make me stress , scum are scum. Happy enough to .report suspected cases and leave it to the powers that be.

9 hours ago, stankyus said:

Sorry to hear that Moz. ATM I see a lot of primary Axis Vets on the allied side. Very happy to have them. They are playing a primary role on the allied side doing some serious game play for the Allied side. IF they where Axis, we would be at the Allied factories weeks ago. ALSO IF they actually knew you as a Axis player, they would also know you as also a Allied player.  I love the fact that ppl do switch up, its educational as well as a good change in pace.  You are a great player and I think if someone sees you in the same uniform, they should be thankful.

Paranoid dorks will be paranoid dorks. Nothing you can do except report em (the players harassing poor green tags) to the GMs so maybe they can tell them to chill out. 

Maybe just maybe we actually have to do away with the Green Tag for new players . It sure sounds and looks to me that it causes more issues then it actually solves. 

1 person likes this

I think players without greentags would probably get a ton of [censored] when they behave like noobs tbh. Greentags will do lots of things that make a vet pull their hair out, at least when it's displaying a green tag the smarter players will just sigh and move on without screaming or accusing them of stuff :)

1 person likes this

lol I feel you, just ignore the paranoids and keep rocking

Edited by nonstoptea
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, catfive said:

the smarter players will just sigh and move on without screaming or accusing them of stuff

So true, it seems like this game attracts a lot of crazies...LOL

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

So true, it seems like this game attracts a lot of crazies...LOL

People who profess to hate the game yet play every day lol.