gters

Three ''things'' that would you want in the game...

41 posts in this topic

(I think it will be a very useful discussion for rats)

1- I would want to be able to switch tank crew when one (or more) is dead. Totally absurded that I lose everytime the panzer when my gunner or driver is dead. Give to me a chance to switch the crew (surely with some penalty like slowly ammo recharge) and to have also a new one ONLY via HT/251. These will have a new role and maybe can repair also a truck, engine or gun jammed. 

2- Topoghrafic map. This is a realistic simulation of world war 2 and we haven't it, that incredible ;)

3) Add strategical objectives like bridge, top hill, crossroad and more. Completed the objectives and you can launch assault /ao on the town. This will make the game much more realistic...

ps.... The last one, Italian Faction :D

Edited by gters
3 people like this

1 hour ago, gters said:

1- I would want to be able to switch tank crew when one (or more) is dead. Totally absurded that I lose everytime the panzer when my gunner or driver is dead. Give to me a chance to switch the crew (surely with some penalty like slowly ammo recharge) and to have also a new one ONLY via HT/251. These will have a new role and maybe can repair also a truck, engine or gun jammed. 

Generally when a crew member is killed, it's because a projectile violently penetrated the armor and red hot metal was flying around the interior. 

Look at inside photos of tanks. Hardly any hull/turret wall area isn't lined with ammo storage, controls or other equipment of various kinds. A penetration generally wrecked some necessary part of the tank to get to that crew member.

Historically, a tank that sustained a crew death was abandoned immediately. Tank crews very much wanted to avoid being inside their steel box when a penetration ignited propellant. The death of a crew member meant that (1) the enemy had a weapon that was already aimed exactly at them, and (2) that weapon could penetrate their armor. So, since the first round only killed a crew member and not the whole tank, there quite likely would be a second round coming within seconds. They could be on their way out, or they could stay and burn to death. Not a difficult choice.

Historically it would be highly unrealistic for the game to provide a replacement crew mechanism. The realistic mechanic instead would call for a tank that's been penetrated to be immediately abandoned.

4 people like this

1. Real group-play capabities, from a temporary binom to a temporary multi armed group. Integrated voicecomms is a first step, but it involves UI tools, ranking and gameplay rules.

2. New gameplay mechanisms, involving how terrain capture works and new spawning rules

3 On a long term basis I wish we had a more detailed/accurate visual rendering of tank damages. It would realistically render any kind of damage, from overpressure effect to abandoned tank with its open hatch, fire effects...

Leaving an exact replica of the latest state would allow tankers to better understand their shots or loss. 

Also adding visual damage and wreck for at/aa guns with dead crew.

Not to mention sinked boats and crashed planes to remain persistent in the world as well. 

Anything Re-mannable if gun/vehicle still operational.

Along with improved effects (explosions, tracers, smoke, sound, weather...) , This would help improve the immersion in the battlefield with the persistent thing.

Part of this would be fully destroyable buildings (<== omg omg omg)

1) I would like the kit of each nation filled out more fully - every country should have their own gear.  No more allied Ju52s, etc...

2) Also, I would like to see a more descriptive VDM implemented.  ZeeBee's second item above is part of it, along  ATG and AAA VDM.

3a) Clean up vehicle performance when in a damaged state.  Planes shouldn't fly with one wing removes, tanks shouldn't have rock uncontrollably some damage modes, engines and transmissions should not be uncontrollably on.

3b) Clean up vehicle performance in undamaged state.  Need a a/c structural damage based on overloading, trucks shouldn't coast a kilometer after shutting the engine off,  dead infantry shouldn't skate across the landscape.

3c)  More realistic terrain via UE4 or whatever.

3a-c falls under the category of more realism.

And lastly, and most importantly by far, more players!

Edited by GrAnit

1) . Better animations and movement, the ability to ADS without zooming in. More new player friendly controls, the ability to use combat flaps without having to do an .ini config, better HAT switch compatibility. I have to use the numpad to get all the angles from cockpit. Vehicles that are less tanky but with crew that are more willing to fight on, switching positions while your tank is still in fighting condition (russian doctrine Приятель)

2. New UI, better lighting, better destruction and more detail, more objects.

3.  A return to F2P on steam, but this time with more unlocks to please the f2p crowd and get more players in. I think eventually when more things are added and the list of classes and vehicles grow CRS can put together a respectable kit for F2P that include 1-2 more infantry classes, a bomber, 1-2 basic tanks, a naval vessel, an a mid war fighter to keep up late in campaigns and still have 90% of the game behind the subscription; which is fair. I don't think many people will complain about p2w as long as they have access to a basic arsenal to play around with and still be competitive, filling necessary roles on the battlefield and whatnot.

1. Structural damage & overloading: this is needed badly on planes to cut out the weirdest stuff (damage model, weapon performance, flight performance) in aerial battles. Without it, this game just can't offer somewhat realistic air battles. And I think it is needed on trucks and other vehicles also. No more Opels of Hazzard. - I am pretty sure it is very hard to implement this if possible at all within the current engine,  but it's needed badly nonetheless.

2. A world, that's not made of duranium. I find it pretty annoying that trees, brick walls and and piles of rubble impose impenetrable armor protection agains every sort of ordnance. Ideally, trees should be destroyable (I guess that's not possible) or at least they should get penetrated by bullets and frags. If you say "A real brick wall would offer a lot of protection"it should be taken into account that those world objects can't take any damage. A real brick wall would fall over if you shell it with HE. So a brick wall that can't be blown away (rubble) should at least offer way less protection than an intact house to compensate for that.

3. Field repairs. I don't think this is very important but It would ad some nice teamwork/squad situations to the game. Your tiger got tracked again somewhere in between FB and town? Let's bring a SKfz and build a repair FMS/Crate/Something. Wait 5 Minutes and you are ready to go. You lost your commander again due to nasty snipers? Probably someone is willing to bring you a new one. Please add extended cranking and cursing sounds while repair is taking place.

Edited by vanapo

1 hour ago, knucks said:

3.  A return to F2P on steam, but this time with more unlocks to please the f2p crowd and get more players in. I think eventually when more things are added and the list of classes and vehicles grow CRS can put together a respectable kit for F2P that include 1-2 more infantry classes, a bomber, 1-2 basic tanks, a naval vessel, an a mid war fighter to keep up late in campaigns and still have 90% of the game behind the subscription; which is fair. I don't think many people will complain about p2w as long as they have access to a basic arsenal to play around with and still be competitive, filling necessary roles on the battlefield and whatnot.

I am glad you think not paying to play and having a good kit is 'fair'. To whom?  lol

If I wanted not to pay , I can be more than competitive with just a rifle. 

Edited by goreblimey
1 person likes this

am glad you think not paying to play and having a good kit is 'fair'.

Eventually there will have to be a microtransaction business model, mostly replacing subscriptions except for legacy customers. Same net revenue per player, but with most players F2P. Inevitably it'll be P2W, because there's no way around that.

That's the business-model "state of the art", and what customers these days are expecting. Unfortunate but true.

I'm sure a plan is being worked on. 

1 hour ago, jwilly said:

Eventually there will have to be a microtransaction business model, mostly replacing subscriptions except for legacy customers. Same net revenue per player, but with most players F2P. Inevitably it'll be P2W, because there's no way around that.

That's the business-model "state of the art", and what customers these days are expecting. Unfortunate but true.

I'm sure a plan is being worked on. 

1. This illustrates why we need a "Hate it" button.

2. Flush out the Kits.

3. Wing 2 baby.

Visual dmg of ATG and AAA , long over due in my opinion.

Different stages of Tank hulls and other destroyed equipment on the battle field ( I know it's resource intensive) so might not be possible.

More Targets for Bombers and more roles for Paratroopers then just here us a Town drop over it and kiss ur a$$ good bye , waste of 95% of the players time.

10 hours ago, jwilly said:

Generally when a crew member is killed, it's because a projectile violently penetrated the armor and red hot metal was flying around the interior. 

Look at inside photos of tanks. Hardly any hull/turret wall area isn't lined with ammo storage, controls or other equipment of various kinds. A penetration generally wrecked some necessary part of the tank to get to that crew member.

Historically, a tank that sustained a crew death was abandoned immediately. Tank crews very much wanted to avoid being inside their steel box when a penetration ignited propellant. The death of a crew member meant that (1) the enemy had a weapon that was already aimed exactly at them, and (2) that weapon could penetrate their armor. So, since the first round only killed a crew member and not the whole tank, there quite likely would be a second round coming within seconds. They could be on their way out, or they could stay and burn to death. Not a difficult choice.

Historically it would be highly unrealistic for the game to provide a replacement crew mechanism. The realistic mechanic instead would call for a tank that's been penetrated to be immediately abandoned.

I know it jwilly, don't worry  :D but for example if you use a pz2c and the your commander is out of turret and die by enemy infantry, the panzer will be also lost. Why we can't have a new crew via ht/251 or switch crew positions inside the pz? This i meant ;)

15 hours ago, GrAnit said:

I am glad you think not paying to play and having a good kit is 'fair'. To whom?  lol

To yourself mostly. I mean you aren't winning any favors with the current f2p kit that's for sure. Don't even have the means to kill a freaking tank anymore, talk about fair.

1) A UI that includes a ready room to organize missions before spawning. This will give mission leaders the opportunity to brief team members on the mission goals, assign duties, ordinance, rally points, contingencies, and other factors that build teamwork and quality play.

2) Add strategical objectives like bridge, top hill, crossroad and more. Completed the objectives and you can launch assault /ao on the town. This will make the game much more realistic...

3) Add additional personas that support the logistical aspects of the game...AE, Medics, Specific Combat Engineers, Radar Techs, Transport Operators, etc...

4) Visible Supply by means of AI Trucks, Trains, and Cargo Ships.

5) More goal oriented rank incentives (rather than killing) that measure the true contributions of field operations. AE, Mission success ratios.

Edited by carlz

@carlzthese are very good ideas and many of us want to see it too. why don't you join us and support the project with a premium subscription?

1 person likes this

My priority:

1) engineers capable of building repairing more objects.

2) anti-tank mines 

3) Artillery

A sniper hide ppo

An unkillable bear

Realistic soldier stamina

1 person likes this

Some good ideas, off the top of my head I'd like to see:

1) Assignable rank to members in squad that shows in game.

2) Mission control (enable/disable MS spawning, enable/disable mission spawning, kick player, change target, lock specific gear).

3) Squad flag.

4) Topo map.

Several things (since day 1)...

1. Proper Armour to Infantry ratios forced on spawn.

- Argument against have been

a ) that you can't limit what people play - so instead you have people that play infantry being constantly camped by tanks and now no longer play (and by my accounts post you can see - I am one of those but still hope for the game)

b ) that you can go spawn a tank to take care of those tanks - see a above.  So I have to play armour because you play armour?  Never made sense.

c) spawn an AT gun - you mean the one where the door is always camped first, or the small one at the MSP that can't kill the mid/late game tank (depends on AT gun vs Tank obviously and location on tank)?

d) I leave this point with a question - is this a combined arms game, or just a game with a bunch of equipment?

2. Area capping versus building capping - seeing this finally in some other games, it confirms this is the better approach (at least for me)

- The issue with this is forced side balancing is required and has always been scorned by many in the community.  How has over-popped side worked out - I would suggest many of the issues over the years - i.e. early breakfast club and others could have been resolved by forced side balancing.

3. A full pass back through infantry

- (fix issues noted in bugs thread - camera POV, guns off centre, clipping out of buildings),

- allow climbing over guard rails, onto tanks and other objects (within reason),

- weight of weapons to speed variables i.e. MG, or Mortar man running same speed as rifleman). 

- introduce a true fear of death (limited tickets for spawns, upgrade equipment the longer you're alive - bonus for kills/capture, etc.) - I do note issues with this one - may be too hardcore for some players.

- in game VOIP would really help - Some people don't want to use discord, TS or others.  Give them in-game coms.

- more cover/terrain - 17 year old engine - I get it, but we could have even more bushes/ditches, etc - And I note this is being worked on with new engine (well old/new engine :>)

Finally not in game items, but things that may keep people away:

- Community - some are awesome - some are downright vile, from calling people spies to insisting they sit in a building for 30 minutes to an hour or more when they just want to play, and then berating them because their style is different, or simply not including others because "the newb will ruin the plan".

- The Players - this one is tough, but some of you are very, very good - 17 years will do that and I think that some newer players just get slaughtered - I have no stats, but I wonder if it plays in.  I know when I occasionally come back for a bit, it takes a bit to get up and running, and I understand the game.  As entirely new, it could be very confusing, and then you have many veterans.  Can't really do anything about this other than trying to help them by teaming up etc.

- Sorry have to say it.  The cost.  I just put out less than 2 months $ for X game (and you can put in several games for X) and enjoyed an immersive experience that I had always hoped this game would be (and most have mixes of the above).  Ignoring the new / shiny and understanding that new shiny is easier than upgrading old sometimes.  It is still a competitive market, and the cost is much too high for what is delivered.  I don't like it.  I wish and have for years this was THE game.  I still hope it can be THE game, but I can't afford to support it.  For me its $240 a year and if my son plays with me its double.  For much, much less than that I can buy us several different games to play together.  Sorry wish I was rich or could bring something useful to the team to volunteer.

Regardless, I wish the team best of luck.  There is a lot of work ahead I hope for your success.

1.  Multi FMS missions

2.  Flame throwers

and....

3. Bigger game population

Mission leader loadout controls e.g. you setup an fb bust, you only allow engineers on mission.

more difficult cross country terrain, to force more importance on roads and cross roads.  

No on cuts the grass during a war.

8 hours ago, blakeh said:

more difficult cross country terrain, to force more importance on roads and cross roads.  

No on cuts the grass during a war.

Having spent 22 years in the US Army "ditto"... Cross country generally = way harder to get across than roads (or even semi-improved roads (aka goat trails)).  Allied players used to complain about the bedford 'blackout' bug - for me it was oddly reminiscent of trying to do 35MPH cross country in a M977 HEMTT when I was a private in an ammo section trying to get to the gunline...

Non-throttled off road (aka coasting) should be completely eliminated... I'd wager most vehicles (especially vehicles combat loaded) would make it about 10 feet off road without and throttle input.

1 person likes this

Proper fix, when there's time:

1. Modify the terrain tiles to add local roads/farm lanes, intersecting the tile edges at the quadrants. A proposed tileset design has been posted elsewhere.

2. Up the off-road track vehicle Drag Factor somewhat, and the off-road wheeled vehicle Drag Factor substantially. The goal is to limit all vehicles to realistic speeds for soft dirt (i.e. farm fields, pastures) at full throttle. For wheeled vehicles, that maximum speed at full throttle should be creep speed instead of zero, as a matter of practicality so vehicles don't become stranded if they inadvertently end up offroad. 

3. Once top speeds are made realistic so that bouncing-off-the-roof no longer will occur, increase by 50% the magnitude of the Bump Map for offroad wheeled vehicles.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:55 PM, B2K said:

Non-throttled off road (aka coasting) should be completely eliminated... I'd wager most vehicles (especially vehicles combat loaded) would make it about 10 feet off road without and throttle input.

QFT.. used to do a lot of off roading in buggies... not your everyday dunebuggies but 230HP rebored engines with a break pedal and individual break handles.  Ripping through on a pine forrest trail doing about 35 mph which is pretty darn fast for the terrain the engine quit going slightly down hill and traveled mb 80ft in neutral before we stopped.  IT does rattle your cage, but far from blacking out.. and FFS the beddy black out bug was awful however and I hope its not a future feature again.