Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
catfive

Before vodka

4 posts in this topic

I've finally worked out what we need to do means killing a lot and dying less than that. I'm lonewolf and it's 2003 although i'm officially in a squad.

I know the squads determine if/where we attack usually but I hop up and down the line because I need that adrenaline fix each battle gives. I provide comms and  ignore hotdrops for the most part, especially fb hotdrops. I want to fight and cap by defeating the enemy so I refuse most hotdrop calls and walk everywhere, learning how powerful it is scouting out the enemy on foot

I see the allies are usually underpop in my timezone. I like playing underdog as they get the most time fighting and the most targets. I leave the game a few months and return but this time as allied on a new username. Jsilec recognises me from 105th pz and is still axis. We exchange words on the forums but more 'i miss you dude!' than vitriol. 

Allied euro is a mess being honest. Squads exist but nothing like the cohesion at the level of the axis euro's. Larsalot is KGW CO and i start watching their squadnights as they're the biggest threat on a week by week basis. Not the squad alone but the combined mass of them plus their friends. This is something I can get my teeth into.

It's not rocket science that they use a definite selection of targets based on causing max damage: AF's, capturing and buffering then major choke point towns are favourites. The allies are split loyalties BEF and ArFr, I play with a BEF based squad but occasionally visit towns held by 1Bam and see something new: these french buggers really play to survive, they fight like lions, powered more by passion than strategy. Bilton haunts the forums but I see him in a town and in honesty, don't rate him. The French community though, these guys are infections to my game play. Win or go down in big heap or corpses together! I love it and start playing more and more in the dirty south by preference, dropping squad and just loving the game alongside them town after town.

Then it happened 2005/6 ish? 23rd came Allied and played mainly french following a fall out with GHC, I watch them closely as they worked as a team much the same but with true teamwork on a  large scale. They have 2 inf players, I make it 3, their tankers shutdown depots completely, true combined arms teamwork and it is spectaculaly effective. This means staying up late though at night in order to play their largely US TZ.

(events may be out of synch: vodka)

I am approached by Rifle5k, Orrman's son and as I love their playstyle already I take the plunge, squad play from here on in.  I'm completely hooked on ww2ol at this point, it's by far the best 'clan vs clan' I've seen and these guys are good. This is the start of my WW2OL 'summer'

This needs a forum called 'drunken nostalgia' but this will have to do. More next band night or not, I just know it isn't written down anywhere else:)

The amount of incorrect words, the disjointed timeline, the wandering focus yep, a snapshot of my dotage I suspect, courtesy of Absolut vodka :D 

I was pretty drunk when i posted too mate too much rum lol :D

Edited by actonman
1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0