delems

Rubble CP is too hard now.

9 posts in this topic

Seems the HE audit has made CPs much harder to rubble now.

I tested the 105mm HE, it took 15 shots to rubble it, seems a few too many.

Previous experience in rubbling of bldgs gives me these estimates: (this from non damaged/hit CP)
150mm about 2 rounds

120mm about 4 rounds

100mm about 6 rounds

75/80mm about 12 rounds

50/60mm about 36 rounds

Any smaller not sure, maybe just use 72 rounds.

So, how easy is it to adjust the parameters of what will destroy a CP?

I'll try and test our spawn bldgs today.

Edited by delems

Ya gave up at 32 direct hits on Depot with mortar, no effect...

The roof would surely be compromised, the rounds would have started detonating within the confines of the structure amplifying the explosive effect, likely destroying the building... But nope there is no effect..

Thus far the Mortar is now essentially useless, even in a packed AB hits are way down and kills are virtually nonexistent.

Cheers Monty

I know the feeling.

Took like 15 mortar HE just to destroy crates.

Tried some 10-20 mortar HE and still couldn't rubble an SP.

Mortar HE seems about half as strong as it was before, at least on structures.

Edited by delems

Could this new, hard-objects resistance to HE, be the same cause as the FB resistance to HE satchels that was discussed and looked at in a different thread?

FWIW,

A week ago, I was recapping a cp with a few others, and I heard satchels being placed on the bldg (I had previously placed satchels on the same bldg to kill an ei). I figured that the cp was going to blow for sure so I screamed "CP BEING SAPPED, RUN"

...ran outside and killed the ei as the satchels exploded. The CP was fine and did not switch to ruined state. Definitely seemed unusual to me (unusual enough that I remember it clearly).

Edited by xanthus

I have NEVER been able to "rubble a CP". Using every single HE round my tank has, I can never seem to "rubble" a CP.  I just waste my HE. 

I to open up a cp using 17pdr HE. The depot dropped with 3 HE hits.. the flag building took all my HE and did not go down.

EI tried to get me out of a flag building by sapping it while I capped it.  8 satchels on did not destroy it. It became my  warp cp and ei where all in it so I decided to use a engie to clear them. Took 2 more charges and I killed myself in the process.  That makes it 10 satchels.  Can anyone confirm the amount?

The satchel amount has changed as the HE audit adjusted the joules they produce. Which from.speakingn with devs will remain for the time being. 

The damage fbs take was readjusted last patch to keep the same.number of.satchels