• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New job posting.   02/23/2019

The Community Management team is looking for war correspondents to provide news stories or after action reports to be published on our website and our Steam forums.  Player correspondents imbedded with a squad is fine along with reporters overall who might want to produce stories about the campaign, a piece of equipment, a battle or a skirmish - all stories are encouraged and welcome.  If intertested in a volunteer war correspondent position apply at Tman@corneredrats.com
hateract

MUST READ FOR ALLIES 6/13/2018 CAMP 153

49 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, forrest said:

Twice the factories vs. twice the payload (2x).  60km/hr faster vs. 50% greater payload (0.5x).  2x + 0.5x = 2.5x.

CRS actually made it pretty close.  Where Axis have actual advantage is in early tiers before USA where they can fly just 18 111 sorties per day to wipe out all 9 French factories.  Thats 2/3 of Allied flags, at only 1/2 the factories damaged.  Don't even go to England.  Just bomb France and chase French flags all day.  Allies need 45 DB7 sorties on Axis factories to match (with only 60 planes total in supply).  Axis have twice the 111 supply as Allies have DB7s. 

Thx for the math. It allready shows that it's not as simple as comparing only the impact of the payload of two planes. A few things to add:

1. The havoc and the DB7 are more or less identical. So the brits have DB7s too. I am not sure how many they got in the early tiers.

2. You forgot to take into account that bombers get intercepted and shot down. The survival chance of a bomber is as important as it's payload. With fighters evolving but bombers staying the same from tier 0 to tier 3, the survival chance for the bombers degrade a lot with the ongoing campaign. Regarding the beginning of the campaign, the DB7 is only 50kph (~10%) slower in top speed than the 109E. So it can do RDP runs allmost uncontested. The spitfire is 140kph  (~33%) faster than the 111, so it can catch it with ease + the 111 is an easy target because it's not protected by any armor whatsoever. Flying a long distance over enemy territory in a 111 at tier 3 is allmost suicidal even if you don't plan to dive it into enemy factory flak.

13 minutes ago, lipton said:

I would, but I STILL haven't figured out how to add pics and such to the new (now not so new) forums. 

find image on google.........copy image.........paste image..........and boom its posted.

21 minutes ago, vanapo said:

Thx for the math. It allready shows that it's not as simple as comparing only the impact of the payload of two planes. A few things to add:

1. The havoc and the DB7 are more or less identical. So the brits have DB7s too. I am not sure how many they got in the early tiers.

2. You forgot to take into account that bombers get intercepted and shot down. The survival chance of a bomber is as important as it's payload. With fighters evolving but bombers staying the same from tier 0 to tier 3, the survival chance for the bombers degrade a lot with the ongoing campaign. Regarding the beginning of the campaign, the DB7 is only 50kph (~10%) slower in top speed than the 109E. So it can do RDP runs allmost uncontested. The spitfire is 140kph  (~33%) faster than the 111, so it can catch it with ease + the 111 is an easy target because it's not protected by any armor whatsoever. Flying a long distance over enemy territory in a 111 at tier 3 is allmost suicidal even if you don't plan to dive it into enemy factory flak.

It is true that Britain and France have almost identical A-20s, but there's a notable difference in the bomb load, so Havoc =/= DB7 in this case. Agree on your point about armored targets and bomber speeds.

RDP currently has little to no effect as we cannot kill enough with low in game numbers to benefit from it as we saw last map and that's a great shame as those long range pilots deserve to have some result visible on map for those long [censored] flights!

2 hours ago, catfive said:

RDP currently has little to no effect as we cannot kill enough with low in game numbers to benefit from it as we saw last map and that's a great shame as those long range pilots deserve to have some result visible on map for those long [censored] flights!

Next campaign we will be adjusting overall supply. Just a heads up, not sure by what % yet but it will be reduced.

1 person likes this

So because I haven't paid for the game yet I should have no opinion and it wont matter what I say it will be dismissed. 

As a community you don't see the problem with taking that approach to people do you. 

Hmm not exactly encouraged to pay with responses like yours. 

@forrest @vanapo W-what?? Rational discourse..!? In the General forums!? About Allied vs Axis situations and equipment!?

HERESY, THIS CANNOT BE PERMITTED!!

More seriously, thanks for that guys.

@redst0rm There is unfortunately a not-insignificant minority that don't think F2P contribute to the game. While additional paying customers are always a boon, some of them may not realize that the more bodies in the game = more population = 17 year old game doesn't seem dead = more people with money might actually pay.

To be fair to the LMG argument, the Allies are specifically complaining about situations where an Axis player can use an MG34 in a cap room, and with just enough delay before they die, basically full-auto shotgun an entire cp or bunker of cappers. It's not about general effectiveness, or weapon comparison with MP40, etc.

The counterpoint is Axis regularly sees the same crap with the Thompson clearing out 5-9 defenders, and fixing the 'run-n-gun' LMG won't fix that. It will fix the BARs doing it, though.

37 minutes ago, redst0rm said:

So because I haven't paid for the game yet I should have no opinion and it wont matter what I say it will be dismissed. 

As a community you don't see the problem with taking that approach to people do you. 

I can assure you CRS values all the options of it's player base weather they are paying subscribers or free to play.

9 minutes ago, chaoswzkd said:

To be fair to the LMG argument, the Allies are specifically complaining about situations where an Axis player can use an MG34 in a cap room, and with just enough delay before they die, basically full-auto shotgun an entire cp or bunker of cappers. It's not about general effectiveness, or weapon comparison with MP40, etc.

The counterpoint is Axis regularly sees the same crap with the Thompson clearing out 5-9 defenders, and fixing the 'run-n-gun' LMG won't fix that. It will fix the BARs doing it, though.

I like rushing cps with the LMG. I enjoy it. I loved it when I was Axis, I like it with the BAR.  Took me a while to get used to the BAR, it was no where near my favorite weapon. I had to force myself to use it. Now I do pretty ok with it. The only reason why I do cp clearking with it is because its versatile and I hate having a SMG when I'm getting shot at by riflemen at 100-300m.  The Thompson is a great room cleaner.. BUT I only grab one when a room needs cleaning otherwise its the Grease gun and Sten because of it has better versatility.  I think the audits will change things up a bit.  I am apprehensive to getting rid of the Rambo LMG because ppl like it, but I'm willing to give up the run and gun Rambo LMG as a PART of the audits so the SMG is the CQB king as it should be.  However I am also willing to let the BAR, FG42, Bren and FM24 retain the run and gun while the MG34 and M1919 be limited to walking hip fire because they are more similar. I also rather that approach to see how the PB reacts. I think baby steps for something like this is better than doing a full monty slap.  Not all RL war time limitations make for a fun game.

2 people like this

12 hours ago, vanapo said:

Aye.  Unfortunately not in payload.  For some reason, the Havoc does barely half the damage to factories that DB7s do.  111 payload is between 4x-5x the payload of a Havoc. 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

Next campaign we will be adjusting overall supply. Just a heads up, not sure by what % yet but it will be reduced.

Slow the rate bridges and factories auto-repair, and the bomber-boys on both sides will thank you.  It wouldn't change the resupply timers, just make the hard work that bombers do last a little longer before the factories/bridges completely auto-repair themselves.

1 hour ago, forrest said:

the bomber-boys on both sides will thank you.

I wouldn't like anything that puts more importance to RDP bombing at this point. The game support no propper strategic air war. If you increase the impact of RDP runs we will just see more exploitation of the shortcomings regarding this part of the game.

I'd like to see strategic air war. But we need a lot of stuff done before we can have this in the game.

16 hours ago, redst0rm said:

You will see this attitude in here way more than you'd believe for a population-struggling game; the ignorance is mind-blowing. But to be fair, that particular response came from a poster whose posts aren't worth the time reading. Take it with a heavy dose of salt.

10 hours ago, vanapo said:

I wouldn't like anything that puts more importance to RDP bombing at this point. The game support no propper strategic air war. If you increase the impact of RDP runs we will just see more exploitation of the shortcomings regarding this part of the game.

I'd like to see strategic air war. But we need a lot of stuff done before we can have this in the game.

I'm interested in why you think this?  CRS is not changing the RDP mechanics or rules, they are just going to adjust the supply to where RDP can be felt somewhat given the attrition levels we have with just a max of 2 AOs and that is just a MB because we don't know how much they are going to adjust the supply levels. It still might not be enough.

On 6/26/2018 at 8:55 AM, bmw said:

find image on google.........copy image.........paste image..........and boom its posted.

Image result for boom headshot

Image result for boom headshot

Image result for that was easy gif

19 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

Then people will complain there isn't enough supply. You DO realize you will never catch the tail you're chasing?

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

I can assure you CRS values all the options of it's player base weather they are paying subscribers or free to play.

But helping to support the game with a paid subscription and donations to the fundraisers will help. 

Aaaannd.... MAYBE, they're willing to keep us complainers around and put up with our crap a little more, when we've been loyal, paying customers and donors for... well, 14 years in my case. (I'm one of their favorite complainers :D)

Not to mention, maybe... just maybe, your opinion will carry more weight with the forumites when you do more than mooch the game for free and do nothing but complain.  I guess. Wouldn't know personally. All I do is complain. :D

juss sayin

Edited by lipton
1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, lipton said:

Then people will complain there isn't enough supply. You DO realize you will never catch the tail you're chasing?

Actually we added the 10th division on both sides and supply was not reduced, so in essence supply was actually increased to each side, this will be an adjustment to bring it back to pre- 10th division levels (most likely still higher than just have 9 divisions on the map)

39 minutes ago, lipton said:

But helping to support the game with a paid subscription and donations to the fundraisers will help. 

Aaaannd.... MAYBE, they're willing to keep us complainers around and put up with our crap a little more, when we've been loyal, paying customers and donors for... well, 14 years in my case. (I'm one of their favorite complainers :D)

Not to mention, maybe... just maybe, your opinion will carry more weight with the forumites when you do more than mooch the game for free and do nothing but complain.  I guess. Wouldn't know personally. All I do is complain. :D

juss sayin

Actually the free to play option was summed up last night very well. It is meant to give players a taste of the game. They is a symbiotic relationship where as they get to participate on a reduced fashion to the game, while providing a larger population as well. There was a time F2P players were Bolt action only and could not cap, build PPOs or anything else. While CRS would love to convert these players into subscriptions, we wont capture 100% of the audience. So yes they are our customer (or potential customer) and their opinions are valued. All we ask out of all the playerbase is that feedback be constructive and civil. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, lipton said:

Idk what it is, but today's group has gotten soft in regards to supply (maybe from the lack of HC?).  

Not having your favorite unit and still finding a way to win that battle is what this game is predicated on.  Lower supply levels make for more intense engagements and actually allow attrition to unfold.  Lower resupply timers means that attritioned units can quickly come back to combat readiness thereby mitigating major map rolls.  

I've said this for years, but the best combo for RDP and supply lists is:

-smaller supply lists (maybe 40% below what we have)

-faster resupply timers (8 hours or almost twice as fast)

-increased factory and bridge repair rate by 2x (to increase the long-term impact of RDP bombing)

Geez. I was in a playful mood this morning and decided to post some "playful" reply's.  All I get in response is serious/dry reply's. 

Lighten up guys. I have. I've realized it's the only way I can continue to support the game, as is. By keeping it light and being ... "playful" 

You'll learn to love the new me.  Promise.  :cool:

Edited by lipton
2 people like this

On 27.6.2018 at 4:10 PM, stankyus said:

I'm interested in why you think this?  CRS is not changing the RDP mechanics or rules, they are just going to adjust the supply to where RDP can be felt somewhat given the attrition levels we have with just a max of 2 AOs and that is just a MB because we don't know how much they are going to adjust the supply levels. It still might not be enough.

I can't say much until I've seen how town based supply will impact the whole equipment distribution and replacement - and how much of an impact RDP bombing will have on that. I am really looking forward to this btw.

All I'm saying is, that now and then RDP bombing should not have significant impact on the campaign game until the game meets the requirements to simulate a real strategic air war. Which it does not ... yet.

Good evening.

I wanted to take the time today to apologize to all of you. I did ill by coming on here and speaking out of anger and frustration while under the influence of alcohol and nothing for lunch. Not a great combo for constructive conversation and really and I only served to discredit myself while also being a bad community member.  Not cool.

One of the things I found interesting was when I did take the time to write something constructive it was chirped because the account is free to play. I’d highly recommend that members of the community refrain from chirping or discrediting anything anyone says ever because they are free to play. For all you know the poor bastage is unemployed and while playing with all the models the game does have to offer is super cool, somethings like food take precedence. Someone who is free to play AND takes the time to comment on the game and its direction and ask question clearly gives a fck about the game and likely intends to pay for it. Why they are or are not in the moment really isn’t and shouldn’t be up for debate nor should it ever be used against them regardless of your opinion of that player/avatar or what they have just said.

By all means, chirp me for being an [censored], but draw the line there.

If I may perhaps I could state something in a manner worth engaging. Lets start with the 190. That plane used to be a lot of fun to fly. Used to be.  Any attempt to maneuver the plane either ends with a snap roll, sometimes as if youre stalling even at speeds of 400kph or more,  or it ends in your pilot blacking out extremely hard.  Pilots have taken to vastly reducing the sensitivity on their joysticks while attempting to fly it—that’s how bad it is. The only thing that does is give you a chance, but it also reduces your advantage of roll rate. As soon as it is hit by even a single machine gun bullet the engine no longer puts out any speed at all and a h75 can keep up with it. In fact one on one in a dogfight I will both take and bet on the db7 over the 190. The 190 literally can not outturn it and if its been hit it cannot outrun it. I will gladly go the training server with anyone at anytime to demonstrate this. Straight up.  

If I may I would also like to offer a quick opinion on the cap timers. I get what you’re going for I really do and actually I think it’s a great idea but it doesn’t really work with the population in game being the way it is. Plus its taken away a lot of the excitement from capping because it takes so damn long.  Trying to cap something during hours of the game when the population is really low can be extremely frustrating. Standing around in a CP for five minutes waiting for that patrol of three guys to come stop you at 90,95% night after night is extremely frustrating and likely contributes to an inability to keep players. People want exciting gameplay and I feel like the cap timers as they are now greatly impede that.

This is already a long piece so I may as well throw this in here---look at the 109G stick pull back, At first I thought my joystick was broken… And I’m not the only one.

My last related thought of the day pertaining to the air game is I feel like the developers are purposefully trying to limit how much damage air can do to the ground and that’s the wrong approach imo. One of the coolest things about this game is a guy on the ground can be like such and such (truck, tank, ei, aaa, atg) here and depending on my plane I can swoop down and make a difference, and its not some CPU convoy I’m eating for dinner but ANOTEHR PLAYER I’m killing. That’s super cool.  But with the bomb timers being the way they are now COMBINED with how late stuff DOESN’T RENDER in game I feel like the limited effectiveness air did have on the ground game is being more and more marginalized and that is going to drive pilots towards games like IL2, when really you should be pulling Players (pilots) from those games.. this could be the greatest air war simulator ever—don’t limit your own potential here guys.

Going deeper if I Hold my breath and steady my gun as much as you can in this game I can fire one bullet and it does not go where I am. I’m talking the Mp40 and the Mp34 here, I’ll admit on posting this I have yet to go play with the allied smgs but believe me—ill be taking the time to try em out on the training server real soon.  My issues with this is you have literally taken away the skill element of the game from me and made it random chance—it doesn’t matter if I’m smart enough or good enough to make that shot—the bullet doesn’t go where I am aiming it and considering these two weapons were some of the MOST ACCURATE of the war in their class (wasn’t one of them the most accurate smg in the world shortly before the war started??) it is also not historically accurate.

You may have noticed there are somethings I have previously mentioned but not bothered to discuss further here—ironically my ill thought out bursts actually lead to me being able to engage and discuss somethings with some people who are in the know and I received some answers along the lines of yeah we know and were trying which is awesome.

This game is one of the greatest concepts in gaming history and the reason why we have healthy and occasionally fiery debates on these forums is because people care, see the potential and want it to be realized.  

Once again I’d like to apologize for being a bad community member and in the future will take time to voice things in a thought out manner as opposed to being all angry ginger about things. With that said I’ll also try to make the .bug reports a little less angry too because I know I wrote one the other day that was “I cant freaking stand up right (allcaps)” and I’m guessing that doesn’t really help solve the issue, I got killed there in that moment and I’m pretty sure the EI was genuinely confused as to what I was trying to do. Crawling around reloading the gun trying anything to fix it.

As always these thoughts are just my observations and few opinions feel free to agree or disagree or point out something I missed or expand on some points. I am not an expert in anything, I’m a jack of all trades know a little about a lot things kind of guy.  Thanks for reading if you came this far and S!

-Red

Red thanks for your well thought out post and civility.

I'll try to address best as I can. 

Flight models are on the list, but it's a big list. From what I have gathered @HATCH is doing a great job working things. Basically CRS has started a complete overhaul and audit to make sure items are historically accurate but that the code itself reflects that. So the HE KE audit was the starting point. So we peeled that layer of the onion back, and yes the bomb damage is still in progress due to performance issues, however let's take the DB7 the amount of Joules those bombs produced was different from other bombs in game, which is why it takes more precise hits now. Now concussion effects inside the tank need to be worked. 

Another result of this step was infantry code, which is currently being worked on as well.  

So basically we have are ballistics working correctly (historical) and now we can begin to look at the Damage Model since we know the ballistics are accurate. It would be senseless to audit the damage model before ballistics as all these systems are related to one another. 

This team is learning at an exponential rate on how to correct these issues. And I understand patience can be rattled. It can't all be fixed at once, but we are doing the best we can.

I highly recommend using .bug and I can't stress this enough be specific in your reports and be informative, this is what we use to identify issues and help re-create them. @SCKING team looks at these everyday. And this is directed towards all players, . bug is a tool we use to identify issues using foul language or just typing one word doesn't help us recreate the issue which is ultimately how we discover how to correct it.

Next would be timers, they are working as intended. They level population in balance in game to give the underpopulated side a fighting chance. Yes that also includes Spawn delay and we are discussing the % spawn delay elevates but I don't foresee a change to that mid campaign. The simple way for the overpopulation to counter this is to group up (squads) ND work together to capture each CP. I was on last night with a 30SD to capture anthney and had 12 members in the bunker. And several others outside protecting the approach. It was well executed through voice comms (discord) and working with several others in joint squad operations. CRS wants joint operational teamwork. 

Lastly, Free to Play players are our customers as well. They serve a purpose to help populate the battlefield, at a reduced equipment level. It is meant to give a taste of what our premium subscription offers. In the future F2P will have full access to equipment over intermissions. @OHM and I will be working on Intermission scenarios to make them more fun, and have specific victory conditions under a set time frame. Trying to get away from the unlimited supply free for all and go to more detailed scenarios to intise everyone to participate and hopefully capture some of the F2p players to subscribe, which ultimately creates resources to further develop and fix issues with in the game.

3 people like this