Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Why is the German rifleman ammo resupply pack gone?

rolone

I noticed that the German rifleman no longer has an ammo resupply pack but the American, French, and British rifleman still do. What's going on?

Edited by rolone
  • Like 1

Its known and already fixed in testing.. Should be released soon with some other fixes

What's up with all the german gear being messed up, but not allied?

Not bringing up a conspiracy theory.... but first HE satchels, then ammo packs... what else is different?

Edited by delems

27 minutes ago, delems said:

Not bringing up a conspiracy theory.... but first HE satchels, then ammo packs... what else is different?

HE satchels on the German side were correct.. The American, British and French HE satchels were incorrect. 

I want both sides to be correct, just seems one side gets fixed in 2 days; the other 2 months.

But ya, just trying to make a point....  Sharp as it may be.  Not meant to puncture, just prick.

PS I mean, what, it been 2 years now.... grease gun still over 1.0 KD every map; mp34,  0.70......

Edited by delems

1 minute ago, delems said:

I want both sides to be correct, just seems one side gets fixed in 2 days; the other 2 months.

Well, to be fair, one seems not to be much noticed until now.

Which is sad kinda, means people are not giving ammo much?
Give up those ammo packs! You can't take them with you.

Was reported to zeke day after infantry HE patch fixed for FBs.

So, I (we?) didn't post here as he knew about it.

So, it been known for two weeks now - by both players and rats.

Just I thought it affected all rifles, but guess it just is german rifles....................?

We patiently awaiting a fix.  Great to see all the updates recently.

Edited by delems

I noticed it for a while but thought it was part of the stuff getting pulled from ftp access. I always try to give the ammo to the mp34-res guys since they need it the most. Not sure why the italian rifle was pulled from ftp but am in no position to gripe about it. 

Are the Italian rifles affected by the ammo bug too? Just curious. 

***  Not sure why the italian rifle was pulled from ftp

Is that so?  If so, that could cause an issue as then allies have far more FPA rifles to spawn than axis per flag.

It's not been available since the update as best as I can tell. Figured it was considered new and shiny so they pulled access from FTP. The Italian SMG I could understand getting pulled from FTP but I thought a rifle was a rifle... 

Last time I used it was May 28th but between life, wife and kids taht may not have been the last date avilable.

Edited by odin67

The ammo box bug is related to the satchel issue, because the code can be very silly.

Fixing the satchels unintentionally broke the ammo boxes, which didn't seem like a connected issue and so wasn't caught with enough time to be fixed as part of the satchel fix. Satchels had to be fixed ASAP because they were broken for Axis but not for Allies, giving the Allies an overwhelming advantage in forward base control. So, you know, ~wooooo CRS Allied-bias conspiracy totally confirmed because CRS rushes hotfixes to fix broken Axis equipment woooooo~

Spooky stuff!

Hopefully that helps explain things.

I'll ask about the F2P rifle thing, especially because Germany + Italian rifles should = Brit, French, or US rifles, so if F2P doesn't have access to them, then F2P Allies have access to more equipment than F2P Axis. The permissions get screwy every time new stuff is added. Part of the growing pains, and people still learning how all this crap is supposed to be tied together.

Edit: Aaaand the Italian rifle F2P issue is now fixed.

Edited by chaoswzkd

37 minutes ago, odin67 said:

The Italian rifleman also suffers from the ammo resupply bug too.

Correct

So can we can some kind of light shed on why these kind of bugs are always putting axis at a disadvantage?

I mean why are ammo packs not working for axis rifles but are for allied ones? 

What's the series of errors that lead to that? Because I can't understand how one set works and the other doesn't. They all use the same code don't they?

From my angle, it feels like axis stuff isn't properly tested. All the bugs seem to fall on the axis side of the fence.

45 minutes ago, saffroli said:

So can we can some kind of light shed on why these kind of bugs are always putting axis at a disadvantage?

I mean why are ammo packs not working for axis rifles but are for allied ones? 

What's the series of errors that lead to that? Because I can't understand how one set works and the other doesn't. They all use the same code don't they?

From my angle, it feels like axis stuff isn't properly tested. All the bugs seem to fall on the axis side of the fence.

Lol

6 hours ago, saffroli said:

They all use the same code don't they?

Yes and no
They all use the same "code" in a literal code sense
They do not all use the same data.
Every unit is it's own individual entity

15 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Yes and no
They all use the same "code" in a literal code sense
They do not all use the same data.
Every unit is it's own individual entity

Then if that's the case it means CRS don't test Axis equipment then.

Cos that's the only thing that explains the amount of bugs we get specifically axis side.

No, it doesn't mean that.
And i dont think anyone wants to read boring wall of text why it does not mean that.

And bugs are not axis biased, tried to aim a CH5 CS gun lately?

• Like 1

• Registered Users
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, saffroli said:

Then if that's the case it means CRS don't test Axis equipment then.

Cos that's the only thing that explains the amount of bugs we get specifically axis side.

We test anything and everything that we know has been affected by a change/fix.

The ammo resupply was not touched so we had no indication it needed testing.

26 minutes ago, heilmittel said:

ETA of the ammo box fix???

it’s in final testing now

13 minutes ago, SCKING said:

it’s in final testing now

Nice. Good to hear.

On 16.6.2018 at 3:02 AM, goreblimey said:

All the bugs seem to fall on the axis side of the fence.

I got this impression too. Why is that? Because I only play axis so I allmost exclusively see the bugs on our side. Guys, please keep in mind all of us are biased and nobody is perfect, not even CRS with their evil "we want to make the allies superior muahahaharrrr!" agenda.

• Registered Users
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:39 PM, delems said:

I explained the ammo packs above. The HE satchels I can't really recall but do remember us testing them all prior to that release against FMS/Bridges/PPOs and did not see what ended up as they were in the release. We do not test "axis or allied" we test whatever we know has been touched by dev. It's just different color pixels in testing, no one wins or loses on the testing servers.

• Like 1