• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
goreblimey

THE AMERICANS ARE COMING , well some of them

207 posts in this topic

Due to a squadmates diligence, The infantry numbers in American units have been compared, it seems a lot of our American saviours didn't make it off the boat or perhaps they are languishing in a French Bordello on the Normandy coast.

It would appear that an average American division is short some 250 bodies, having sold their automatic weapons they then went AWOL awaiting the final victory.

The net result is that the Axis have the equivalent of OVER 1 DIVISION's worth of supply of semi/automatic weapons more than the Americans , what's this a mere 17% advantage , that's nothing easily overcome by superior knowhow and the famous 'go get em' attitude of the American forces.

LOL LOL LOL

7 people like this

2 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

It would appear that an average American division is short some 250 bodies, having sold their automatic weapons they then went AWOL awaiting the final victory.

No, they are at Mehdia and Casablanca taking the long route through Italy. :huh:

@OHM I told you landing in Tripoli in T2 was a bad idea

Sorry OHM, but starting back at Tier 2, I started looking at the numbers Brit/French vs the Axis. Kept hearing people [censored] about "how do they still have supply? We are spent." Well numbers do not lie. 

This is why people are calling Axis bias. 

I have always stated when the US shows up, we (allies) are handicapped. I took a US division vs an Axis division and I was completely shocked at what I found. Well, other than I was right.

US Inf- 1408
Axis Inf- 1657

US Armor - 170
Axis Armor - 193

US ATG - 215
Axis ATG - 229

The US ATG honestly needs to be dropped by 76. With the F76 not able to be towed without flipping over, it is not used other than in town. 6 plus months the Allies have been told the flipping would be corrected. Well, while new ideas have been brought into the game, the F76 is still broken. 

Very simple fix. The US should not be using French equipment period. Guessing no one knows or knew that US used the Brit 6 pounder between the US 37 and 76. Why give the US have French supply and half British? Make no sense and the reason I keep hearing is BS. 

Bolt Action Rifles.
US - 480
Axis includes Italian - 484

Semi Auto Rifles
US - 265
Axis - 405

SMG
US - 320
Axis including Italian - 356

LMG
US - 105
Axis - 90

Those are just a few of the number. This is just the US. I have the numbers for the French and British, as well. 

Semi automatic rifles - These numbers should be completely reversed. Main stay of the US Army in Europe was M1 G. The only 1903 were the A4 Sniper rifles. and early Grenadiers. The 1903 was in the Pacific with the Marines, who slowly transitioned to the M1 G. How many old pictures do you see from WW2 Europe, where the US is carrying a 1903??

Axis main stay for the whole war, was the 98K not the 41 or 43. The 41 was a POS, which is why the 43 came out.

3 people like this

I'm about to unsubscribe for the first time in 6 years. 

This is simply unacceptable.  

1 person likes this

Prolly because you get over 300 tanks in a brit division, and with axis RDP trashed, we get like half that supply.........

All kidding aside, it does look like USA short some weapons.

A quick count showed about 100 per reg less;  that is because of the 50 G41 and I'm guessing the FG42.  I didn't look that closely, and yes, it is related to USA entering.

So, the USA flags do need some more supply - or german flags cut some.

But, lest us not forget your 300+ tanks you've had all map, while we have 180 or so..................  Needs to be some cutting on the allied side too.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, Capco said:

I'm about to unsubscribe for the first time in 6 years. 

This is simply unacceptable.  

Capco, hang on a bit.

Things will be mighty different next campaign is all i can say.

This is what i have found.

Ground units          HQ         Armor

Axis SMG              100                           25            50

US  SMg                100                         20             30              I added 25  to the hq and armor 

Axis Semi             250                          30              60

US   Semi            130                          40                 70           added 120 to the ground units 

I dont know how that got so messed up. As far as i know no one changed those numbers .

Posting the numbers is very time consuming and the tools themselves are broken up into many sections.  There is an export tool to read them in excel but holy hell the way and how many are thrown out .   

I keep holding off to make any major changes until  the audit is done and get them loaded all at once. 

1 person likes this

Why did you add 120 when USA has more in HQ and ARM ?
Maybe add 100?

Anyways, yes, lots of items to review - but it is important that the numbers not be too far apart.

And good job getting it closer.

2 hours ago, khbeowuf said:

Very simple fix. The US should not be using French equipment period. Guessing no one knows or knew that US used the Brit 6 pounder between the US 37 and 76. Why give the US have French supply and half British? Make no sense and the reason I keep hearing is BS. 

Well, the US does have the 6pdr
The M1A3 57mm is a 6pdr built on license in the US.

They lack the little M3 37mm for their bottom end.
So aside from the 37mm (which may not be a very effective piece by tier 3) they have their full line up of ATG
Of the 2 borrowed pieces,  they actually have 1 more effective ATG than they would in the MLE 1937 (47mm).
US line up would otherwise just be M3 37mm, M1 57mm (6pdr), M5 3 inch (76.2mm).
The T8's did not even go to field trials until after the war unfortunately, so axis will own that category with the PAK43 (88mm)

The M3, simply can not be made as a variant of any existing vehicle base, which makes it harder and take longer
because the game is strangely cranky about taking a new base model, and the previous team did not leave an instruction manual
so it's a bit of a learning process.

Of the existing kit, i think there only 4 items that need swapped out
M8 Greyhound for the DAC
Willys MB or Ford GPW or Dodge WC51 for the bedford OY
Dodge WC62 for the Morris
M2A4 is the closest thing to replace the Vickers for the US, and that is a bit of a stretch, because all US active M2A4's in WWII went to the Marines in the pacific.
The US just did not field a tank in the vickers/PZI class, the M1 light tank didn't make WWII unfortunately, otherwise it would fit right in that class.
So if we want to be correct, we might just have to give back the vickers and do without there.
But as a consolation kind of, when they get properly tiered, they'd have an M3 Lee to play with

Not to downplay your other valid concerns.

So you can add and or adjust during a campaign ? We were told in another thread about supply numbers it was not possible to do and now this is twice during this same campaign someone has added/adjusted them within a couple hours.

But in another thread about BEF armor numbers that is weeks old and has been brought to the attention for 2-3 weeks... nothing was done not does it look like anything will be done

Thats freaking BS in my book and as a paying customer for 17 years I am pretty pi$$ed off about certain things getting adjusted within hours and other issues not being addressed for weeks

Time to study personal-based supply list. Not only would it offer new income options, but it would ease a Dynamic balance of AOs.

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

Well, the US does have the 6pdr
The M1A3 57mm is a 6pdr built on license in the US.

They lack the little M3 37mm for their bottom end.
So aside from the 37mm (which may not be a very effective piece by tier 3) they have their full line up of ATG
Of the 2 borrowed pieces,  they actually have 1 more effective ATG than they would in the MLE 1937 (47mm).
US line up would otherwise just be M3 37mm, M1 57mm (6pdr), M5 3 inch (76.2mm).
The T8's did not even go to field trials until after the war unfortunately, so axis will own that category with the PAK43 (88mm)

The M3, simply can not be made as a variant of any existing vehicle base, which makes it harder and take longer
because the game is strangely cranky about taking a new base model, and the previous team did not leave an instruction manual
so it's a bit of a learning process.

Of the existing kit, i think there only 4 items that need swapped out
M8 Greyhound for the DAC
Willys MB or Ford GPW or Dodge WC51 for the bedford OY
Dodge WC62 for the Morris
M2A4 is the closest thing to replace the Vickers for the US, and that is a bit of a stretch, because all US active M2A4's in WWII went to the Marines in the pacific.
The US just did not field a tank in the vickers/PZI class, the M1 light tank didn't make WWII unfortunately, otherwise it would fit right in that class.
So if we want to be correct, we might just have to give back the vickers and do without there.
But as a consolation kind of, when they get properly tiered, they'd have an M3 Lee to play with

Not to downplay your other valid concerns.

Trucks and Vickers are irrelevant, the 25mm should be replaced by the 2 pounder as a reasonable stand in for the 37mm M3. The 76mm should be replaced by the 17pndr until such time as it can be used without flipping.

19 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

the 25mm should be replaced by the 2 pounder as a reasonable stand in for the 37mm M3

The closest performance and appearance simulation would be the PaK 36 37mm.

The 25mm underperforms at longer ranges, and looks completely wrong. The two pounder would overperform at all ranges, and would look completely wrong.

Appearance wise sure, 2 pounder is wrong. But I disagree M3 closer to 2 pndr than axis 37 in performance.

Either way at the moment general feeling amongst allied players is that we are saddled with a sub par atg, to spawn from FMS's.

edit...  Just looked at stats pak36 has killed 100 tier 2/3 Shermans. The 25mm gun has killed 1 Tiger (prob a stat stuffup) and no 4g's. Balance ?

Edited by goreblimey

You also can't blow factories with engies, not that it would have any visible effect on supply. Axis looked just fine with average 50% damage for a week.

Edited by ebert100
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, goreblimey said:

Trucks and Vickers are irrelevant, the 25mm should be replaced by the 2 pounder as a reasonable stand in for the 37mm M3. The 76mm should be replaced by the 17pndr until such time as it can be used without flipping.

2pdr is an overkill stand in, the PAK36 would be the closest thing in game to the M3.
The M3 doesnt penetrate a lot

All the heavy ATG's can tip over at the moment, usually at the oddest times.
17pdr can be just as frustrating, so can the pak40 when you tip over pushing out of the garage (three times in a row)

But as far as sub par ATG's from FMS's
Really everyone but the british have somewhat lackluster ATG's from their FMS.
The british simply have the good fortune of not having any other small ATG except the 2pdr.

@500m 
MLE1934 M3 and PAK36 are all within a few MM of each other at 500m
2PDR is about 12+ MM more, and out to longer ranges to boot

You'd think that it would be really easy to balance out the unit numbers and adjust as necessary wouldnt you, it isn't.

I know it's frustrating but please bear with us as we all try to get to grips with the nuances of the tools that we have inherited, most of them are a half broken mess, we're slowly getting our ducks in order.

"Supply audit is coming" blah blah blah. [censored], we've been playing with unbalanced supply for how many campaigns now? No [censored] wonder people are fed up and willing to unsubscribe.

How about you take a timeout after this campaign and fix the supply for good for BOTH sides, instead of manually fixing out a little when the campaign is at day 40+.

Sick of reading these same threads week after week, campaign after campaign. 

Edited by gretnine
2 people like this

4 hours ago, ebert100 said:

You also can't blow factories with engies, not that it would have any visible effect on supply. Axis looked just fine with average 50% damage for a week.

Factory bombing was nerfed.

1 person likes this

Fix this or (more) players will uninstall this game. Players are used to ”adapt” to most of the bugs and other weird stuff goin on on game, but this is just plain bollocks..

How could this even happen?

Fix this, I need this game in my life...

S!

2 people like this

*** You also can't blow factories with engineers

What?  Of course you can destroy production facilities with engineers; done it myself, though not recently.

Did this just change?