• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
malvoc

Biggest cut off and comeback ever

107 posts in this topic

Just now, hierbart said:

Do you guys Really want to know why this Happen on this map.??    Because of ME... ME... ME.. ME.... !!!      No other officer would have stayed  on 2 days in a row   with 12hrs Moic 1st day and 18hrs the next day....   When i took 3rd pz  and started shoving it west..    EVERYONE started freaking out!  OFFICERS were getting mad that they would get cut off.. Players scream at how stupid i am (thx delems)      My superior officers were concerned, and i then had to explain exactly how  the ops would happen.  Fiambre then "ok" 3.3 and 3.2 to go for maldegem..Fiambre realized that we were only risking 2 units in training. when we got towards gent  and NO.. NOT 1 ALLIED UNIT HAD FALL BACK.... and the Risk of cut off was removed.. the rest of 3rd was given to me and started to slide forward.... 2pz then came in and held the back...   we get maldegem.. and gent.... So I  go to bed... wake up   NO UNITS MOVED BACK....  2nd mega big mistake by allied.... 2ndPz  was in brussels... South i went... and with the success the day before my Tman gave me the full go at 2nd down to Laon.. and he help with brigade move as i was busy with AO oic ...     

So if you look up Who put the AO on each of the towns in the cut.. IT WAS ME...  all units moved  in the cut ..IT WAS ME...   

FOR 33 DAYS BEFORE THIS HAPPEN  EVERYTHING IN GAME WAS JUST FINE.......    THE ONLY FACTOR THAT CHANGES WAS I HAD VISION AND A GOAL... I NEED TO SAY THIS OVER AND OVER.... I COULD NEVER.. AND I MEAN NEVER... COULD HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT THE PLAYERS....  SO MANY PLAYERS WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY .  ALL THE GUYS THAT DROVE AROUND TOWNS TO BUST THE FB'S  TO STAY AHEAD OF THE ATTACK.. TO THE PILOTS WHO FLEW AND LANDED AND FLEW US TO THE NEXT TARGETS...    I NEED A SPECIAL THANKS  TO THE "250" SQUAD...  OVER AND OVER THEY PROVE HOW VALUED THEY ARE!!! 

SO to wrap this up .. STOP BLAMING EVERYTHING ELSE IN THIS GAME...   Allied got out played by the ENTIRE AXIS players!!!   I just was Leading it!!

I demand my damn "kill him" button.  Matter of fact it needs to be personally customized. Replace the like button with only a "kill him" button when he posts.

5 people like this

Somehow i am not visualizing it?
Brekens would seem to be the crossing link?
which has multiple links out Mald and Ijzen?

But even if you cut Beskens, the W part of zealands still links itself outward through BOZ
Which links out in 3 directions.

And to the north through Westvoorne?

I think i am obviously missing something, got a diagram or something?
This is what i am seeing but obviously there is probably some big glaring thing in front of me that i am missing.
forgive really terribad picture

sYG4bpw.png

ok
SQSnXlE.png

Edited by merlin51

6 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

But even if you cut Beskens, the W part of zealands still links itself outward through BOZ

This is what i am seeing but obviously there is probably some big glaring thing in front of me that i am missing.

sYG4bpw.png

The supply route from BOZ back, it all runs through Maldgem 

You can also do this.. in the lower left of that pic you see what looks like layered papers. you can set map to show just the supply lines

Edited by softserve

4 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

sYG4bpw.png

I think the best picture at the time was to link westkappella to England but in turn it would open up England... That being said, I don't see a problem with opening up England from any of the western coastal towns once TBS is in.  Problem solved.

49 minutes ago, stankyus said:

Yah... I believe that was the old answer also. Its starting to come back to me piecemeal. The answer to Mald was the addition of another town to split the link to the Zees and was not going to happen for a long time.

We are still going through the learning process regarding terrain. “Long time” might be a little too heavy.. “Soon” is a much better term ;) 

I think its a fair point that Maldagrem should not be able to cut off the whole North.  The town was not so important  historically.

The main issue though encountered more frequently is not that Maldagrem can cutoff the Zeelands, but it can cutoff Antwerp with the Axis only needing to capture Brussels first.

The solution though is not to give Antwerp a supply link to England to go around Maldegrem.  Antwerp is already very very difficult to cutoff in a normal way without taking Maldegrem.  Giving Antwerp a supply link to England or the French factories would make it impossible to cut off in a normal way (unless there was some way to implement naval blockades in the game).

However, CRS was talking about changing the capture mechanics of the  biggest towns like Antwerp to make them captuable in parts - (like two smaller towns instead of one giant town).  I think if that were to happen, then it would certainly be more feasable to give Antwerp (and the Zeelands) new supply links behind Maldagrem, possibly even to England.  And then Antwerp could be the town to cutoff the North (which would make more sense).

Edited by krazydog
1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, softserve said:

The supply route from BOZ back, it all runs through Maldgem 

You can also do this.. in the lower left of that pic you see what looks like layered papers. you can set map to show just the supply lines

that i guess is where i have trouble seeing it? And i am probably wrong
But it looks like you have to secure a lot more to cut off, or take over, the zealands.
The only point i see mald becoming the 911 of the zealands, is if i have lost everything below it on a westward retreat all the way back to Mald?
But it seems that if that has happened, the zealands are the least of my losses?

I dunno, i always sucked at the running the map stuff
OIKkziy.png

1 hour ago, stankyus said:

I demand my damn "kill him" button.  Matter of fact it needs to be personally customized. Replace the like button with only a "kill him" button when he posts.

WOW  what a brilliant  well thought out reply... 

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, hierbart said:

I know, I take cash.. no checks.  More brilliance will cost.

1 hour ago, SCKING said:

We are still going through the learning process regarding terrain. “Long time” might be a little too heavy.. “Soon” is a much better term ;) 

They're not synonymous?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

that i guess is where i have trouble seeing it? And i am probably wrong
But it looks like you have to secure a lot more to cut off, or take over, the zealands.
The only point i see mald becoming the 911 of the zealands, is if i have lost everything below it on a westward retreat all the way back to Mald?
But it seems that if that has happened, the zealands are the least of my losses?

I dunno, i always sucked at the running the map stuff
OIKkziy.png

this might make it simple not sure.

IF axis take the this rout from east

Geel , Grobb, Schilde, Ant, Stekene, (optional) st nik, Zel, Eeklo, Mald.

once Mald is taken all supply to the north of map Zees to Rips is now out of the supply route

Then could of course take Breskens, but would need Ijen as well. so 8 towns in total instead of 10 to cut off 30ish?

I hope this helps a little

If Breskens linked to Knokke it would not be such a issue. or the DEEP WATER PORT of Vliss to link to another DWP town

*** Geel , Grobb, Schilde, Ant, Stekene, (optional) st nik, Zel, Eeklo, Mald.

Do you not see what you are saying here?  If axis takes all those towns, you have bigger problems than being cut in the N, don't you?
Not only that, you have any idea how incredibly hard it is to 'just' take Antwerp?

This is such a minor moot point, has happened what, 3 or 4 times in 150 maps?  Meanwhile the N is cut nearly every map by allies.

And, it happens because allies refuse to fallback.  Whereas axis can't defend N due to town layout with army flags. (note: with 10 div this has changed and axis can defend N better now)

Finally, Mald can easily be defended by navy from two different towns and para and air. (10 Km away I might add... axis have no N AF like that)

If you really want to discuss stuff that is an issue......  what about axis having no AF on the E side of the map behind their towns like allies do W?

I've seen every AF kicked and axis have to fly out of training!!! (which they can no longer do because supply was removed from training flags btw)

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, softserve said:

this might make it simple not sure.

IF axis take the this rout from east

Geel , Grobb, Schilde, Ant, Stekene, (optional) st nik, Zel, Eeklo, Mald.

once Mald is taken all supply to the north of map Zees to Rips is now out of the supply route

Then could of course take Breskens, but would need Ijen as well. so 8 towns in total instead of 10 to cut off 30ish?

I hope this helps a little

Ok, that makes a bit more sense.
Im looking at the map trying to figure out how to drop the doom hammer ONLY by taking Mald.
If someone takes all that, i cant argue against it really at present.

Well, Antwerp wont be such a walk in the park anymore, soon-ish.

Right now Antwerp is such a pain in the behind unless you can dump 300 people on it because it is so big and so spread out
that it is mostly a game of which side gets tired of running back N forth over and over 1st.
It's just darned frustrating to attack or defend really, but the defend part usually wears out first, you just keep probing it
until the defender dies of boredom or heart failure from jogging from N AB to S AB repeatedly.
And if you do go and full attack it, you can have both feet in the door, you can lose the whole thing to one depot cap or FB loss
even if you have taken half the town over.

Edited by merlin51

Delems i used that for a example only..

yes in that spot things could be iffy, but if supply line in the north was not stopped at Mald . one could say a defense from the zees could be in play against some of those towns.

What if Axis come from the south area , lets say they snuck around to Gent, not touching any towns around Ant. 

once they take Mald same deal every thing north of the Axis line would be out of supply.

If you open up Breskens to Knokke, the Allied side will create a much bigger problem for themselves then trying to fix this so called "Maldegem" issue

If Axis are in Gent pushing onto Maldegem, the zeelands should be a minor concern to allied forces'

You open Breskins to the coastline, axis will just push zeelands hard, cap Breskens, then 3 more caps along the 'new' coast line and para into England and hit factory towns once the Oostende supply line is open...all this could be done in what 4-5 days ? 

And its over...(under current game rules with no town based supply)

There is a reason Killer & Doc did not connect Breskens and Knokke, and i would bet it would be to benefit the allied side...they maybe thought, make the axis side go through Gent Maldegem Brugge to get to coastline, not just surf the coast

Edited by kazee
spelling

21 hours ago, hafgan said:

Greatest comeback win since November two years ago. Why argue it? Allies have lost the will to fight.

I now even question logging in the rest of this joke of a campaign because why fight against a horde of people who clearly have more automatics than you?

Except for maybe the weekends, I don't think the amount of automatics in each brigade is even close to being the deciding factor here.  Also, since the release of semi-autos, I don't know why so many people still use SMGs and Automatic Rifles.  M1 & G41 are king.

Kazee it is not just the zeelands.

Put gent at the top of a wedge, now Remove Zees fromt your head... what is left in the north?

Ant to rips and south to axis line that went to gent

now push thru to Mald and every town east of that is cut out of supply .

now add the Zees back in... they could not be used to counter a gent move or defend vliss , for long, out of supply

Edited by softserve

Yes I understand your point and it makes sense, however getting to Maldegem is much more difficult than u make it out to be

Brux and Gent must at least be somewhat buffered by capping 2-3 linking towns to them, major task...my main point is getting into Maldegem is no easy achievement

But yea if u wanna open Breskens to Knokke, I am all for it, and I am sure the DD captains are for it too

Edited by kazee

I am glad you understand, and yes I know getting to mald can be a fight, just pointing out, how that 1 town can affect the whole map. 

Vliss to Oost link would be prime for naval , then maybe the Zees can be useful if/ when map gets to the mald point :D

2 hours ago, kazee said:

Yes I understand your point and it makes sense, however getting to Maldegem is much more difficult than u make it out to be

Brux and Gent must at least be somewhat buffered by capping 2-3 linking towns to them, major task...my main point is getting into Maldegem is no easy achievement

But yea if u wanna open Breskens to Knokke, I am all for it, and I am sure the DD captains are for it too

That's kind of what I think too.  It potentially could cause more problems than it could fix.  

Considering the general lack of naval success following the introduction of the truck-based FRU, it might not hurt the Allies.  But who really knows until it's tried?

Edited by Capco

2 hours ago, kazee said:

open Breskens to Knokke

Just thinking out loud..
But if "shipping lanes" links would exist, they would probably need to exist in a non spawnable form to prevent non navy from ganking the naval ports for little effort, meaning you could AO it, and go drop a bunch of paras on it and cut the supply link, but the navy guys stationed in town can respawn, the invading paras can not, nor can someone hurry and POST a mission at the spawnable and FLOOD. So unless you really mean to attack and put forth the forces and effort, it's a doomed distraction at best.

It might need some other naval mechanics to add much fun level to it though?

5 hours ago, hierbart said:

Except I want it too.......

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Capco said:

That's kind of what I think too.  It potentially could cause more problems than it could fix.  

Considering the general lack of naval success following the introduction of the truck-based FRU, it might not hurt the Allies.  But who really knows until it's tried?

I’d be open to more continental towns linking to England if the concept of spawnables disappears. The UK represents something special at the moment, and it projects interesting angles and nuances on each campaign. 

The game would do well to try to retain the feeling that invasion of the UK (or indeed breakout from out of the UK) is a real achievement. We have this at the moment, let’s not lose it