• Announcements

• BLKHWK8

Squad Rat Chats   06/28/2018

We will be having an Axis Squad and Allied Squad Rat Chat next month.  Please join us for a meeting with @XOOM @HATCH and @OHM to touch base with the Rats to go on a QA session.  Axis Squad Chat - July 28, 2018 2pm Server Time Allied Squad Chat - July 29, 2018 2pm Server Time.
malvoc

Biggest cut off and comeback ever

104 posts in this topic

For me - and i tried my best on allied side - this cut and comeback shows why we love this game. After so many years and campaigns not expected things can happen. This game is never boring. And yea the axis performance was incredible good and much better than allieds was. Example: We (allied) tried to get Eindhoven how often? Cant remember how and always failed cause of the hard resistance. For me maybe the key battles alliedside lost. And not one of this battles didnt end with an allied victory cause of supply problems. The truth is allied cant cap cause resistance was to strong! Same situation in Köln. 3 link towns several attacks but always kicked out. And always recapped fbs so we (allied) has to start again with fbs. A lot of these attacks where started when we (Allied) were op. And again i cant remeber that we (Allied) stopped 1 attack cause we were down on rifles. The final attacks failed cause we (allied) had not enough fms up or decided to cap city cp or downbombed factories instead of pushing abs. They failed cause there was no organisation  of our attacks.

When axis started their counter attack AHC was not ready to answer this attack. Sunday when we (Allied) capped peer and axis flags were trapped a few hours we couldnt hold the lines and didnt use the time.

This Maldegem stuff i didnt understand. For me it seems Allied are always totally surprised when axis start the run to maldegem and laon. We all know the laon highway but it happens nearly every map. I heard a well known danger is no danger. 

You can do what you want give allied side 20 Div, make Twerp uncappable let them start campaigns in Tier1 with fireflys axis will win aslong allied spent there time in game witj whining and talking about cheats and unkollable eis .....

And btw this campaign is not over. Allied comeback is on the way. And if hierbart is responsable for this allied desaster i will focus on kills o  him. And if this campaigns goes to axis i will do what i can to change that next one. 

Not so nice to get slaughterd but.we.had great fights and i had fun!!

S! 

S!

11 people like this

2 hours ago, normal2 said:

For me - and i tried my best on allied side - this cut and comeback shows why we love this game. After so many years and campaigns not expected things can happen. This game is never boring. And yea the axis performance was incredible good and much better than allieds was. Example: We (allied) tried to get Eindhoven how often? Cant remember how and always failed cause of the hard resistance. For me maybe the key battles alliedside lost. And not one of this battles didnt end with an allied victory cause of supply problems. The truth is allied cant cap cause resistance was to strong! Same situation in Köln. 3 link towns several attacks but always kicked out. And always recapped fbs so we (allied) has to start again with fbs. A lot of these attacks where started when we (Allied) were op. And again i cant remeber that we (Allied) stopped 1 attack cause we were down on rifles. The final attacks failed cause we (allied) had not enough fms up or decided to cap city cp or downbombed factories instead of pushing abs. They failed cause there was no organisation  of our attacks.

When axis started their counter attack AHC was not ready to answer this attack. Sunday when we (Allied) capped peer and axis flags were trapped a few hours we couldnt hold the lines and didnt use the time.

This Maldegem stuff i didnt understand. For me it seems Allied are always totally surprised when axis start the run to maldegem and laon. We all know the laon highway but it happens nearly every map. I heard a well known danger is no danger. 

You can do what you want give allied side 20 Div, make Twerp uncappable let them start campaigns in Tier1 with fireflys axis will win aslong allied spent there time in game witj whining and talking about cheats and unkollable eis .....

And btw this campaign is not over. Allied comeback is on the way. And if hierbart is responsable for this allied desaster i will focus on kills o  him. And if this campaigns goes to axis i will do what i can to change that next one. 

Not so nice to get slaughterd but.we.had great fights and i had fun!!

S! 

S!

It seems and honest and sincere analysis from the Allied POV.

Take some rep mate and keep fighting, the map is not over.... 

S!

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, normal2 said:

Mald is easy to understand if you look at the supply links. Its the last link to the Zees which also supplies Antwerp IF the towns below Antwerp are Axis.  You can bypass Antwerp and cap Mald and all the Northern towns are cut off.  So in essence its no different than cutting the map in the N-S, but instead its E-W. SO, you absolutely can cut the map in a E-W direction... however its the only town on the map that can cut 30-40 towns laterally.

S! @normal2

1 hour ago, stankyus said:

Mald is easy to understand if you look at the supply links. Its the last link to the Zees which also supplies Antwerp IF the towns below Antwerp are Axis.  You can bypass Antwerp and cap Mald and all the Northern towns are cut off.  So in essence its no different than cutting the map in the N-S, but instead its E-W. SO, you absolutely can cut the map in a E-W direction... however its the only town on the map that can cut 30-40 towns laterally.

This is a bit tricky to resolve. If CRS adds additional links to the Zees, the Zees become a highway to bypass Antwerp and AO different places on the map.

Perhaps that's more realistic, but it's also different functionality than what we have now and might cause some issues.

Hmm... brings to mind an idea to get Navy involved... will think on it.

20 minutes ago, chaoswzkd said:

Maybe consider lowering the Freighter EWS if possible (credit to Kilemall for the idea).  

1 hour ago, chaoswzkd said:

S! @normal2

This is a bit tricky to resolve. If CRS adds additional links to the Zees, the Zees become a highway to bypass Antwerp and AO different places on the map.

Perhaps that's more realistic, but it's also different functionality than what we have now and might cause some issues.

IMO TBS can allow for a supply link into westkapella. It opens up England to attack before the Axis hit the coast.. and TBH you could link  ouddorp and Haamstede also.  Its not like the Germans could not have launched an invasion from there in RL if they so desired.

10 hours ago, normal2 said:

And if hierbart is responsable for this allied desaster i will focus on kills o  him. And if this campaigns goes to axis i will do what i can to change that next one. 

Every AO placed in the "CUT"  i was the officer that placed it....  Every move by 3pz and 2nd pz to do this "cut" i moved it (tman helped a little).... 

So yes... I will take 100% responsibility  for this event....  I was MOIC 12+hrs 1st day and 18Hrs The 2nd day..      

Now with that said... i would have NEVER.. AND I MEAN NEVER .. EVER PULLED IT OFF... unless i had Full help and support from My commanding officers all the way down to the guy that guards the fb.. or the spwnble or sits in a ab bunker for 1 to guard it....to the guys that rolled MS to a town that i would AO  "after" we cap XXX town... they knew we were going to cap it!!  . I had troops busting fb's ahead and behind towns we attack...  PURE AND SIMPLE.. TEAMWORK AND COMS  were key factors in this event.  

I want to thank all players for helping and supporting .... even Delems... who screamed at me each time i would move 3pz farther west...  even though he not like what i did and knew the Risk...  I would see him helping me make sure these "cuts" were completed.. 

3 people like this

9 minutes ago, hierbart said:

Every AO placed in the "CUT"  i was the officer that placed it....  Every move by 3pz and 2nd pz to do this "cut" i moved it (tman helped a little).... 

So yes... I will take 100% responsibility  for this event....  I was MOIC 12+hrs 1st day and 18Hrs The 2nd day..      

Now with that said... i would have NEVER.. AND I MEAN NEVER .. EVER PULLED IT OFF... unless i had Full help and support from My commanding officers all the way down to the guy that guards the fb.. or the spwnble or sits in a ab bunker for 1 to guard it....to the guys that rolled MS to a town that i would AO  "after" we cap XXX town... they knew we were going to cap it!!  . I had troops busting fb's ahead and behind towns we attack...  PURE AND SIMPLE.. TEAMWORK AND COMS  were key factors in this event.  

I want to thank all players for helping and supporting .... even Delems... who screamed at me each time i would move 3pz farther west...  even though he not like what i did and knew the Risk...  I would see him helping me make sure these "cuts" were completed.. 

Even from the other side, it was a sight to see.  Did our best to stop it.  But we ran into heavy resistance at every spot.  Every spot.  Focused on Bombing the factories like crazy for days (75-90% dmg) hoping the supply would peter out at some point.  It never did.  Nicely played.  S!

2 hours ago, Capco said:

Maybe consider lowering the Freighter EWS if possible (credit to Kilemall for the idea).  

The freighter has nearly 0 value, outside of a very very slow AA platform if it is just driving around
by itself for no reason. Has nearly 0 offensive value.

So, if the freighter had an EWS range of 0, as it exists now, there would be little harm.
The units a freighter is hauling would trip EWS in their own fashion just by being onboard.
If you stick a truck on one and drive to an enemy town, at 700m the INF EWS goes off, if you stick a tank on one
somewhere around 1.5-ish km the Armor EWS goes off, so they cant ninja in a landing force because of the passengers themselves.

Now if the freighter could be turned in some fashion into a kind of floating version of a truck FRU
then of course it needs to trip EWS so that one can not just sneak right into an enemy harbor and set up the spawn factory
maybe something like 1km?

*** So, if the freighter had an EWS range of 0, as it exists now

TT EWS is 1000m, unless you just changed it.

8 minutes ago, delems said:

*** So, if the freighter had an EWS range of 0, as it exists now

TT EWS is 1000m, unless you just changed it.

No :)

I meant if the freighter, as it is now in game, a slow unit of about 0 offensive use, that kind of does nothing floating around alone and empty
simply didnt trigger ews, there would probably be no harm, as a loaded freighter would trip EWS based on its cargo.

5 hours ago, hierbart said:

We get it with this one and the other post...you're proud of yourself. Congrats. We're happy for ya. Some of ya'll take this all way too seriously.

Go outside, go for a walk. As frustrating as this game can be, always remember...its just a game.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, raven4 said:

We get it with this one and the other post...you're proud of yourself. Congrats. We're happy for ya. Some of ya'll take this all way too seriously.

Go outside, go for a walk. As frustrating as this game can be, always remember...its just a game.

Agreed..........and I play Axis.  Fat lady has not started singing and all I can say is crowing early is not good sportsmanship

153 campaigns and all this whining for a one-time diversity. 

Exhausting politics simulation here...

13 hours ago, bmw said:

Agreed..........and I play Axis. 

Thought you normally played Allied and bmw2 played Axis?

My son bmw2 plays Axis.............I am back to Axis as well.  I tend to switch it up every once in a while to keep the game fresh.

Its all fun and games announcing who was MOIC when this and that happened.... end of the day there was a huge population shift and it cost the allies dearly as it does any side, this game is controlled by population not just good moves... you can have the best HC in the business on but with no pop (as we had when the cuts where made) you banging your head against  wall.

4 people like this

So who is responsible again ? I missed that part. 

JK  .

12 minutes ago, dre21 said:

So who is responsible again ? I missed that part. 

I think it was bierbear, or hierbear .... something like that.

On 6/23/2018 at 4:05 PM, lipton said:

Pretty sure it was I don't Carebear. 

I pretty sure if things keep going the way they are now..........the Allies will be the ones dishing out the crow.

Image result for eating crow

*wakes up*

Did we had another famous "ardennen offensive" ?

Last one I remembered was in 2006 :D

PS: the toughest part during that time, was to motivate axis players to login again, but that was managed by updating on the forums every 10 minutes or so :D 

People got so curious they started to slowly login again and kept playing.

I guess that happened maybe here as well.

Edited by klaas
1 person likes this