• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
stump

Ordnance arming timers should be compensated for

149 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lipton said:

I will just LoL at this comment. 

ONCE AGAIN, CRS has listened to a VERY small, VERY vocal few... who whined about a VERY small number of tank kills by kamikazees. And now we have this mess. 

There was never a rampant problem to begin with. But they wasted valuable time implementing a "fix" to a problem that was so small as to NOT be a problem to begin with.  Typical. 

That is your perception but without data it's just your opinion. This is not just a fix but a step to more realistic conditions. We are working towards all types of bug fixes, and we evaluate those fixes and adjust as necessary.

I find it almost comical that people were compalining even before the patch went live. We collect data and make decisions based on that. There is relearning that has to be done not just for bombers, but all types of equipment.

6 people like this

12 hours ago, jwilly said:

The game continues to move toward better realism. Past gameplay wasn't very realistic in many ways. The expectation is that the great majority of players do want the game to be realistic, and will adapt to the more realistic gameplay requirements.

Perfectly said....We are trying

That is your perception but without data it's just your opinion. This is not just a fix but a step to more realistic conditions. We are working towards all types of bug fixes, and we evaluate those fixes and adjust as necessary.

I find it almost comical that people were compalining even before the patch went live. We collect data and make decisions based on that. There is relearning that has to be done not just for bombers, but all types of equipment.

Good post BLK....I wouldnt even respond after that.

Well said

1 person likes this

Well i'll say this. Allied tanks blend with the terrian from the air and they are very hard to see. it was difficult enough to find the bastages and ever harder to kill them. 

I bet that desert camo is a lot easier to bomb from 500 meters than a Green Sherman. 

That desert camo better be changing VERY SHORTLY as it just became THAT MUCH MORE OF AN ADVANTAGE!!!!!

Just now, redst0rm said:

Well i'll say this. Allied tanks blend with the terrian from the air and they are very hard to see. it was difficult enough to find the bastages and ever harder to kill them. 

I bet that desert camo is a lot easier to bomb from 500 meters than a Green Sherman. 

That desert camo better be changing VERY SHORTLY as it just became THAT MUCH MORE OF AN ADVANTAGE!!!!!

Do you know how many years it took to change the Orange Beddy?

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, agenda21 said:

Do you know how many years it took to change the Orange Beddy?

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, this brings back memories...

LOL do you know how many years theyve been designing German tanks with Desert camo despite this been a European battleground. 

How on Earth could people possibly complain about this change?  Maybe the timer is too long, but that's changeable. 

I'm a pilot by trade so I've seen this stuff first hand.  Something needed to be done about this years ago.  

It will also have the added benefit of not killing any noob pilots who are learning the ropes of bombing, allowing them to just make a second pass rather than respawn, fly back, etc....  

2 people like this

51 minutes ago, redst0rm said:

LOL do you know how many years theyve been designing German tanks with Desert camo despite this been a European battleground. 

That was intentional.

The first desert camo tank was the Tiger. The point was to make that tank easier to spot, therefore less disproportionately dominant, by applying "camo" that contrasts with the local environment. 

A "camo" pattern only functions when it closely matches the visuals against which it will be seen. No real world camo pattern can actually function as camouflage in this game because the game world is not visually real enough. Actual camouflage in this game would have to be based on this game's environment.

But, the green Shermans  are harder to spot, because their base color exactly matches a color used a lot in terrain textures.

Edited by jwilly
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, redst0rm said:

It's essential to understand that game design decisions are made to achieve balance, and the ease of spotting tanks from the air is secondary in balance terms to the ease of spotting them on the ground. 

The Tiger still is overly dominant in a balance sense in ground fighting. So, since its advantages haven't gone away, my guess is that it'll keep its designed disadvantages.

The Tiger is far from overly dominant in your game. It is made off glass.  

And the Timer for the bombs is way too long. 

and I find it insane that youre perfectly okay misapplying camo to one side. So uh why isnt the Matty dressed in desert camo considering teh only thing that can kill it in Tier 0 is  the NERFED 88?

5 hours ago, redst0rm said:

And the Timer for the bombs is way too long. ?

Now this is a completely different argument and potentially valid. 

If 2.5 seconds is too long then what is the value you recommend and why? To have some credibility it requires some testing. Pewrsonally I think I might spend some time on the test server tonight testing how low I can drop bombs. A video or two should be easily able to demonstrate how the system works in game. All I see so far are opinions with no evidence and evidence should be very easy to provide.

8 minutes ago, cavalier said:

Now this is a completely different argument and potentially valid. 

If 2.5 seconds is too long then what is the value you recommend and why? To have some credibility it requires some testing. Pewrsonally I think I might spend some time on the test server tonight testing how low I can drop bombs. A video or two should be easily able to demonstrate how the system works in game. All I see so far are opinions with no evidence and evidence should be very easy to provide.

A straight 2 is likely enough to achieve what you want but still be able to bomb targets effectively. maybe 1.75, I've never been a superlow bomber, but the other night I dropped right after an atg rendered (in a bush)  and it was too low  so that kinda sucked. 

5 hours ago, redst0rm said:

The Tiger is far from overly dominant in your game. It is made off glass.  

And the Timer for the bombs is way too long. 

and I find it insane that youre perfectly okay misapplying camo to one side. So uh why isnt the Matty dressed in desert camo considering teh only thing that can kill it in Tier 0 is  the NERFED 88?

As posted earlier in this same thread:

Note that the game, at its foundation level, is a big database system, with a transactional notification system on top. Everything that happens in-game goes into that database.

CRS has comprehensive real-time statistics for every essentially simultaneous death of an aircraft and a ground target at essentially the same location.

Or for interactions between Tigers and enemy units, or between Matties and enemy units. Also for overall side-vs-side lethality.

CRS has objective knowledge of the matters about which you express opinions. Maybe your opinions are right, maybe they're wrong. The one thing we know for sure is that CRS makes adjustments to the game design not based on what I say is wrong, or what you say is wrong, but on the statistics. 

As to the bomb timer, my understanding is that that's a realistically correct timer value, and if you want to ask for something to be changed, you'll have better luck asking for a change to some other gameplay-aspect that you can show is quantitatively unrealistic. Rendering distance is such an item, and CRS already has said they'll take a look at it when they can.

Now we have all this talk about realism and historical accuracy adn Ive been filling spitfires with 4-6 30mm in a pass and they often fly on fine. .... Completly seperate issue but I want it acknowledged. 

Ya, I don't buy that tiger desert camo stuff either.

If true, how come the mattie is green and not desert camo?

And, now that the KE/HE audit done, is small arms next, then the DM?

Because there is still lots of issues with aircraft as we know.

While the audit itself is done, we are now doing clean up of issues involving HE which may take a little bit.. Infantry effects, Bomb fragments, "New HE", Concussion, etc.. etc.. 

14 minutes ago, delems said:

If true, how come the mattie is green and not desert camo?

Because the matty in game is 1939, and the brits had not entered into NA yet
They had dill pickle green and germany at the time had feld/dunkelgrau and france had it's rather odd colour scheme.

And since the tiger in game is not the early early model, and axis players kind of wanted anything but GREY AGAIN
and some actually wanted that NA camo pattern, and someone at old CRS obviously thought it was a good idea too, and it got this, along with the StuG and PZIV.

Tiger1_back_africa.jpg

It could be repainted, but it isnt so simple as "let's just plop a can of grey on it."
You have to generate a new set of UV maps, Paint the maps, which entails a lot more than just make it all grey, unless you want a thing with no details.
Then create normal maps.
Then take all that and go retexture the model itself so everything is sized and aligned properly so that you get something like this.
Image result for tiger 1 color picture

And i just made it sound way simpler than it is, i definitely am not capable of doing it.
A 2 year old could do a better job by chewing on crayolas

It's like listening to Liberals complaining about Trump. NOW he's on to the NEXT thing. Paint color. :lol:

Is the flak30 going to be looked at in this audit? Not the power of it's rounds, but the fact  that is has insane muzzle climb. 

I've seen many vids of flak30s/38s firing and the muzzle climb is nothing near what we have ingame. 

5 hours ago, lipton said:

It's like listening to Liberals complaining about Trump. NOW he's on to the NEXT thing. Paint color. :lol:

Hey, Delems keeps you young, always keeps you on your toes trying to keep up :)

2 hours ago, moe5000 said:

Is the flak30 going to be looked at in this audit? Not the power of it's rounds, but the fact  that is has insane muzzle climb. 

I'd have to agree with you there, it does feel like it has a lot of lift to it, like the elevation or traverse bushings are worn out
and its taking up the slack soon as you fire a round.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:40 PM, redst0rm said:

Yes, Zero years.

lol zero years. dont you mean for Over 10 years. 

P.S. my favourite part is where the reasons changed above us.

Edited by redst0rm

1 hour ago, redst0rm said:

lol zero years. dont you mean for Over 10 years. 

P.S. my favourite part is where the reasons changed above us.

I played Axis when it entered. The color has always been an issue but the factory paint color for the time period was no longer grey, it was the factory paint. They came off the line like that for that period.  The camo patterns where usually field applied by the crew... That being said I remember when everyone was asking for camo instead of having the boring grey PZ color.. then BAM that's what we got because the TIger tanks historically coming off the factory line like that.  The camo applied was not.

lol yes but these guys are acting like the paper thin 4g is also so dominant it deserves to be seen from 800 thousand miles away and thats just huge LOLS like the kind of lols that is undignified for a person to suffer through.