captcrayon

Hows the game doing?

25 posts in this topic

Hey all, I would like to know how the game has been doing since the steam release?  I haven't been on in awhile due to life and I'm finally getting back into it, I would like to know how everything has been going?

Has the population increased at all?  new units, things happening?  VoIP soon coming lol?

Also what seems to be the plan for the rats for the future of this game and what is being achieved this year :)!?!  can't wait to get back in!

Been a lot of patches.  Lots of new gear, a few changes to game play.

More patches incoming.

I think it is a great time to be playing the game.

Some intense battles, allies pushed axis to factories.  Axis came back - cut the N and S trapping 9.5 divisions.

Now allies pushing axis back E once again.

Tough battles imo, not perfect of course - but better than it has been in a long time.

Edited by delems
2 people like this

1 hour ago, waldojr said:

It is back to the way it was before the steam release. 

That is not completely accurate.  

Yes we are back to 1 - 2 AOs but numbers are higher on average. 

Steam Sale going on this month has seen an influx of new players to the game.

We are not at the intial numbers we had at Early release to Steam which was 5-6 AOs. 

Positives are new content added, bug fixes and moving to terrain update which hopefully will correct alot of imperfections. @delemskeeps us on our toes with his AI Pit list (YES IT GETS LOOKED AT) so thank you for that.

1 person likes this

Game is moving and like delems said is a nice moment to get in and play.

S!

1 person likes this

Development has reached a level of activity not seen in many years, which is good. Population and player retention are the main struggles. Even in US primetime when server is generally most populated action can be slow or stale.

What they need is money. So regardless of your opinions... turn your F2P account into an actual PAYING account. It takes money. Lots and Lots of money!! 

3 people like this

When I came back the game was a mess tbh but numbers seem to be picking up. Let's not forget it is summer and most years I too do not play for a good 6months+ due to nicer weather, I know many others do the same.

I personally think that we have reasonable to good gameplay right now and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the rats plans lead to many returnees (especially 1.36!)

5 hours ago, lipton said:

What they need is money. So regardless of your opinions... turn your F2P account into an actual PAYING account. It takes money. Lots and Lots of money!! 

What they need is more players, numbers even on some primetimes are underwhelming. Catch 22 if your game doesn't have enough players to pay for the MMO aspect.

Edited by knucks

19 minutes ago, knucks said:

What they need is more players, numbers even on some primetimes are underwhelming. Catch 22 if your game doesn't have enough players to pay for the MMO aspect.

Kind of true. This game had a LOT of past players who call by to check on the state of it regularly. If we can snare them, they often bring others and then we have the pop back to good levels. The snares such as a drive away from complete HC chess dependent AOs to AOs set by people being at target ready to fight  are what we require now

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, gt3076r said:

Development has reached a level of activity not seen in many years, which is good. Population and player retention are the main struggles. Even in US primetime when server is generally most populated action can be slow or stale.

Remember with the summer sun comes the lower ingame population.

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, catfive said:

Kind of true. This game had a LOT of past players who call by to check on the state of it regularly. If we can snare them, they often bring others and then we have the pop back to good levels. The snares such as a drive away from complete HC chess dependent AOs to AOs set by people being at target ready to fight  are what we require now

Hopefully this will be addressed with 1.36 and Town Based Supply. I believe we will be getting an update on this Friday.

I've seen a bunch of old players return to check things out as of late.

Hopefully they stay because squad cohesion and numbers really make this game one of a kind...

1 person likes this

There are a lot of students on holiday who will spent thousands of hours in games. Unfortunately the pricing is probably  not adapted for that population.

Maybe offer a "summer students" holiday package for 2 months? $16 for two month premium access.

7 hours ago, catfive said:

Agreed on that. One thing is for certain, the game is improving in many ways. But the pay model is holding back it's potential. Equally so to what the meta is doing keeping actions locked to a subset of players who need to be playing ultimate general 24/7

What was done during Memorial Day weekend US? There was a significant jump in logged-in Steam users that weekend. Might be something to look at.

9 hours ago, Zebbeee said:

There are a lot of students on holiday who will spent thousands of hours in games. Unfortunately the pricing is probably  not adapted for that population.

Maybe offer a "summer students" holiday package for 2 months? $16 for two month premium access.

I dont think "dynamic" subscriptions are possible and besides how would you determine a so called "student" from a "player"

Edited by bmw

54 minutes ago, bmw said:

I dont think "dynamic" subscriptions are possible and besides how would you determine a so called "student" from a "player"

Just marketing , it would be available to anyone of course

On 26/06/2018 at 3:45 PM, lipton said:

What i dont quite get is why no large whale developer or investor can see the potential of such a game as this and actually just develop the damn thing to ARMA detail milsim level game, hell bluedrake developed some pos ww2 game with potato graphics and people are raving abou it but they wont play this game, makes no sense.

3 hours ago, optik said:

What i dont quite get is why no large whale developer or investor can see the potential of such a game as this and actually just develop the damn thing to ARMA detail milsim level game, hell bluedrake developed some pos ww2 game with potato graphics and people are raving abou it but they wont play this game, makes no sense.

The large whale developers are cookie cutter profit turn machines. Call of Duty and Battlefiled are all the same game, with different skins that they re-release every year for 69.99 then hit you with the micro transactions, as you get bored after 2 months. All the servers are client side so not much overhead either. 

Big developers ruin games, look what Sony did to Star Wars Galaxies, they had an awesome thing going with sandbox and player economy then they did nt want to pay developers anymroe and turned it into Everquest with a Star Wars theme. then few years later, overhead on servers got too much and game closed down.

3 people like this

I just wandered back for a look-see after a multi-year absence.  The numbers seem to be way, way down, but again its summer and I came aboard on the independence day holiday.  Gonna log in a couple more times before I draw any conclusions.

edit:  the jury is in.  May try again in a year or three, if it lasts that long.

Edited by domino
2 people like this

3 hours ago, domino said:

I just wandered back for a look-see after a multi-year absence.  The numbers seem to be way, way down, but again its summer and I came aboard on the independence day holiday.  Gonna log in a couple more times before I draw any conclusions.

Also affecting numbers is a LOT of players on both sides said they're done with the campaign and will play next map. Axis said it after they got pushed to factories. Allies said it after Axis broke through and encircled 9.5 divisions. Now Allies are making a comeback and players on both sides still refuse to come back despite the map being almost back to a map start. So that, plus summer, plus Summer sales from digital distributors, etc. all contribute to lower player counts.