edan

so another night no ghc

43 posts in this topic

andddd look at the hole open up because no ghc to move flags or give us a decent ao. Oceanic region needs some loving to get more players and something done about one side being crippled due to it

GHC, as all of us do already know, is formed by volunteer players that have a life.

In my case, I am busy with new home issues so I can hardly play.

I would recommend you to step up and rejoin GHC to fill your TZ gap.

S!

1 person likes this

Seeing this happen on both sides is no consolation. I will only say... again... I voiced my reasons why I was against the HC concept, since before it was implemented. Those reasons have continued to be glaringly obvious. 

These reasons have caused many to unsub over the years. The HC system continues to be a bad idea that should never have seen the light of day. 

IMHO

Edited by lipton
1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, edan said:

iam not criticising the ghc iam criticising the dam system

Yes, yes and I totally agree, I can wait to 1.36 comes... Only tried to encourage you to take part while 1.36 is on the way.

5 minutes ago, edan said:

i wouldnt mind it as long as players could have some control when none are on

The actual formula is the Reserve HC figure.

1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, kase250 said:

GHC, as all of us do already know, is formed by volunteer players that have a life.

In my case, I am busy with new home issues so I can hardly play.

I would recommend you to step up and rejoin GHC to fill your TZ gap.

S!

Exactly, and any game system which requires player volunteers for it to work is a broken system. 

In fact, without those volunteers the game completely breaks down. That's the ultimate ridiculous game system. 

And STOP with the nonsense drivel of 'then join the HCs'.  It's ALWAYS been nonsense. No one wants to join a broken system. 

Just a week ago they were all patting themselves on the back for a "cutoff of epic proportions"...........I too have noticed the lack of HC currently on the Axis side..............and NO im not joining.  I totally disagree with the brigade system.

2 people like this

37 minutes ago, moe5000 said:

Exactly, and any game system which requires player volunteers for it to work is a broken system. 

In fact, without those volunteers the game completely breaks down. That's the ultimate ridiculous game system. 

And STOP with the nonsense drivel of 'then join the HCs'.  It's ALWAYS been nonsense. No one wants to join a broken system. 

These are the facts:

-We all know how the game actually works

-We all know that a future version is gonna remove the actual HC system

-We all know that... dont we?

More facts:

-Nonsense is coming here to open threads like "OOOH ANOTHER NIGTH WITHOUT HC" "OOOH IT IS A BROKEN SYSTEM" 

That, my friend, do not fix anything.

Your f2p account do not fix anything, 

Your crying and complaints do not fix anything especially when you know how the game ACTUALLY works and you know that a new version is being made, that is nonsense my friend. Not to mention your lack of respect for the players that we pay and serve as we can in the HC for you to have a good time. 

If you are an adult it is very simple to understand, sorry my english...

S!

PS: If we, all players did like you did, (unsub) the game would not exist any more. So please, do not  speak to me about "nonsense" facts.

4 people like this

When HC is mia the game should let the PB vote on map moves. Problem solved. There are plenty of players that know what to do with the map.

45 minutes ago, Sudden said:

When HC is mia the game should let the PB vote on map moves. Problem solved. There are plenty of players that know what to do with the map.

Been saying that for awhile now, it's silly that players that have been with the game since 2001 need to join an upper tier to make map decision. 

1 person likes this

Imo, there need to be some logical way, the game needs to implement "commanders-in-chief", ruled by system (AI-HC), which will give orders, when no one player-HC is not in the game. Something like "von Donnerwetter" from Axis side and "sir Cromwell" from Allies side. Yes, they might to make errors, but this is a simulation of the war, where mistakes were made. Again IMO, sometimes it is better to make a mistake than not to do anything.

1 hour ago, kase250 said:

OMG, REALLY????

I so so so hope that's true.

No offense, but it's been clear to me for many years that the HC system is the number one thing wrong with this game. Beyond any bugs, beyond any other gameplay deficits, beyond the graphics, if I could change one and only one thing, it would be to get rid of HC. Its removal would be incredible and a very long time in coming. Instant gameplay improvement. I'm skeptical that CRS would actually do this (since HC is like a religion to some people). I REALLY hope this is true.

I'd heard that they were switching to town-based supply, but I'd not heard that HC would be eliminated. If true...OMG, AT LONG LAST!!!

Can anyone confirm this???

Edited by xanthus
1 person likes this

I don’t know of any plans to eliminate HC, but there are plans to have the HC role changed to more of a spawned in leadership role rather than a sit at the map role.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, xanthus said:

OMG, REALLY????

I so so so hope that's true.

No offense, but it's been clear to me for many years that the HC system is the number one thing wrong with this game. Beyond any bugs, beyond any other gameplay deficits, beyond the graphics, if I could change one and only one thing, it would be to get rid of HC. Its removal would be incredible and a very long time in coming. Instant gameplay improvement. I'm skeptical that CRS would actually do this (since HC is like a religion to some people). I REALLY hope this is true.

I'd heard that they were switching to town-based supply, but I'd not heard that HC would be eliminated. If true...OMG, AT LONG LAST!!!

Can anyone confirm this???

"Remove the ACTUAL Hc system".

Well i repeat:

"Remove the ACTUAL Hc system"

Maybe my english is worst than I thought.... I did not write "remove the HC system". 

PS: I did not say that I like the HC system, really i joined on April, this year. Precisely i joined to fill some time gaps and help the game to work until 1.36 will be released..... 

Pretty sure HC will have a basic role of Field OP leading and AO and Bridge AO placement still

Supply control will be auto i belive

2 hours ago, kase250 said:

These are the facts:

-We all know how the game actually works

-We all know that... dont we?

More facts:

-Nonsense is coming here to open threads like "OOOH ANOTHER NIGTH WITHOUT HC" "OOOH IT IS A BROKEN SYSTEM" 

That, my friend, do not fix anything.

Your crying and complaints do not fix anything especially when you know how the game ACTUALLY works and you know that a new version is being made, that is nonsense my friend. Not to mention your lack of respect for the players that we pay and serve as we can in the HC for you to have a good time. 

If you are an adult it is very simple to understand, sorry my english...

S!

PS: If we, all players did like you did, (unsub) the game would not exist any more. So please, do not  speak to me about "nonsense" facts.

Translation: I'm a total fanboy and I can't be bothered with actual facts. 

27 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Translation: I'm a total fanboy and I can't be bothered with actual facts. 

Spanish Translation for your comment: Soy un bobo y un payaso

11 minutes ago, kase250 said:

Spanish Translation for your comment: Soy un bobo y un payaso

OMG bobo!!

Image result for bobo the clown

I cannot wait to see 1.36 and garrisoned towns. Yes, huge cutoffs engineered are a wonder to see usually but in fact they suck balls for the side being cut and drive them away. I believe the plan is along the lines of 'every town has a garrison but HC can also allocate extra resources via flags if they wish' this means no more softcap balls and no more enormous cut offs because there was no one left to move flags.

3 hours ago, kase250 said:

And yet F2P players are the sole reason this game has seen its largest population in many years.. which adds to its entertainment factor.. which adds to its value.

Surely you haven't factored that in.

14 minutes ago, gt3076r said:

And yet F2P players are the sole reason this game has seen its largest population in many years.. which adds to its entertainment factor.. which adds to its value.

Surely you haven't factored that in.

Yes, that is true. I do not neg the evident. Sure that we need you and the rest of f2p.

But also it is true that f2p accounts do not support the game with their wallets. And a few of them seems to have certain revenge attitudes towards the game.

1 person likes this

We have had HC as long as I have played the game.  Prior to AOs, HCs job was quite different.  When no HC was on which was rare, the impact was usually a lack of side focus.  The HC had 2 primary roles effecting the PB.. Setting RDP and the use of HC prompts in chat to focus the ground game efforts.  HC where leaders in a way but it was the Squad leaders or Natural leaders that really moved the map.  I know HC had more roles but most of the PB had no idea or might have been unaware of.  Squads had parent brigades they babied or had primary defensive responsibilities and HC set OPORDs for the squads.  There was much more cohesiveness between squads and HC.  I dare say that is where FUN was generated... as HC role was not so nearly as complicated.  I know at times, HC sits primarily at map screen trying to deceifer the map. I know I have been on discord trying to help a single new HC officer move pieces around - Its not fun after 15 minutes of discussion. Very few ppl play war games to sit at a map and if they screw up and miss something literally effects hundreds of players then get the wrath of the PB. Olnly so many ppl can take the heat for so long. TBS will handle a part of problem BUT we are not getting rid of AOs and AOs move maps and AOs are HC dependent.

TBS has to be handled with some sort of system that can function where AOs can be set when HC are not on.. The auto AO just does not really work and the AO requirement timer is too short. It does not allow for any planning and we spiral back to the problem of AOs going up way before the pb is ready FOR the AO and we get the SPAWN UP! FLOOD! issue.  Auto AOs also cause another problem when HC is not on.. IE AO going up on a town with no FB.. low effective supply.. no real way to move in if successful, puts you into a pocket, lack of reinforcement opportunity etc... and therefore the ppl actually log out and the spiral is a downward one.

I have said this before but squads are the Key to the game. They are the glue that holds the pb to the game.  When additions to the game separate the bonds to squads ability to take ownership, the squad suffers and the game suffers.  AO and the brigade system in the long term has separated the pb ownership away to a select few. Certainly on paper it looks that is not really necessary.. IE the HC says go here, and the ppl should just do what we did prior.  However this is a game, not a military dictatorship and the natural leaders bump heads with HC and have no power. Even when those natural leaders where HC, they had "red tape" to cut through like higher ranking HC interfering with their squads wishes.  I have been on where we had HC in our squad who where COs and just flat refused to back up the ranking HC in punishment for not working with our squad so we opted out of the AO.  Not saying that was right - but at times the ranking HC on pushing the map was pushing us into real big problems and we did not want the "success" to cost us the map.  Over time it hurt the whole of the game.

3 people like this