• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
edan

so another night no ghc

43 posts in this topic

What Stanky said.

HC has those in it for that side of the game through to eventual CinC and Field Leaders who are only in it because it's the only way to get things done. When Field Commanders don't have to be tied to the chess game the game will see a resourgence of sorts I reckon.

If we can work in a system of AO going on when players have setup a town and have high levels of EWS UP, guaranteeing a fight, we may even see a lot of the old names come back. Being able to squad/coop of squads or similar impromptu AOs would give squads real life again and with that comes the organised battles of old that really made the game shine begetting more players imho.

I know it's an old game but the PvP and teamplay combination makes it unique to this day, it's got some life in it yet

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Sudden said:

When HC is mia the game should let the PB vote on map moves. Problem solved. There are plenty of players that know what to do with the map.

As I've said just above. I'd prefer EWS being the trigger, not something as simple as just 'trigger heavy ews' but rather something that also removed the AO if you drop down to very low /no EWS and raise the EWS threshold for inf so it's harder to achive. Yes the front would be lit up like a christmas tree again at times but if you think through the requirements properly I reckon most gamey uses of it can be curbed so it's mainly real fights you're looking at, chosen by players and field commanders freed from the restrictions of having to monitor the map as a whole every sodding minute ;)

2 hours ago, SCKING said:

I don’t know of any plans to eliminate HC, but there are plans to have the HC role changed to more of a spawned in leadership role rather than a sit at the map role.

Great news, definitely a step in the right direction!!

S! 

1 person likes this

Hopefully we will get an update on Friday on progress of 1.36. 

HC system was in place before the current leadership came in. Basically from my understanding it is like teaching someone to drive a car, but the person teaching has never driven, and can not speak or hear the pupil.

Basically the people working on all this stuff are trying to understand the frame of mind the original coders had, and that can always be difficult. One change leads to discovery of several things intertwined in that. Best example is the recent HE KE audit where we saw it effecting infantry completely opposite of how we thought it should. Which is one reason it took so long.

The important thing is the current team is documenting everything they learn for reference points and get everything working up to snuff. Its only the begining.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Translation: I'm a total fanboy and I can't be bothered with actual facts. 

Moz is back....woooot!!!!!!

1.36 Hybrid Supply design-wise, for people who don't check the 1.36 Q&A thread, is that towns will have supply in them. The majority of supply, more than flags. Players will be able to have battles with that supply without the need for HC to shuffle flags around. Flags as movable entities by HC will still exist, but HC would no longer be constantly pressured to manage all of the supply, and no longer absolutely required for the game to function. With less pressure, HC can do the thing it's kinda supposed to do, which is to be the leadership cadre of the side rather than desk jockeys using protractors and rubber bands to move flags across a shuffleboard map of Europe 24/7/365.

1 person likes this

Beating a dead horse implies the horse is dead.

This horse isn't dead,, yet. :)

3 people like this

21 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

Hopefully we will get an update on Friday on progress of 1.36. 

Ahh yes. The illusive 1.36

We've had 1.35, 1.35.1, 1.35.12... and so on and so fourth. I'm expecting to soon see 1.35.99.1, then 1.3599.1.2, then 1.35.99.1.3. etc ...  You get where I'm going. :lol:

Edited by lipton
1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, lipton said:

Ahh yes. The illusive 1.36

We've had 1.35, 1.35.1, 1.35.12... and so on and so fourth. I'm expecting to soon see 1.35.99.1, then 1.3599.1.2, then 1.35.99.1.3. etc ...  You get where I'm going. :lol:

1.36 will be one of the biggest patches to date under CRS 2.0. This is not as easy as flipping a switch. Alot of the code has changed pre-TOE so it is being redone, not to mention enhancements to various other parts of the game which is dependent by more than one area of coding.  

The patches you are seeing before that is not drawing resources away from .36 development. Would you like to turn the clock back and go 5 years without a single patch? 

Integration of future development is being made for that patch as well, as well as considerable documentation so future coders can reference and learn it faster. 

2 people like this

I was on .. we were OP..  had the spwnble... no one spwned...    Why should i flip my life upside down to wake up at 4am to run a map for a group of players that have no clue how to attack.. or defend .. or spwn on a mission...    

Ill be back once the game is fixed 

On 6/26/2018 at 9:28 AM, bmw said:

Just a week ago they were all patting themselves on the back for a "cutoff of epic proportions"...........I too have noticed the lack of HC currently on the Axis side..............

This is what I find most bizarre about the current state of the game.  Momentum swings are even more volatile because of the low population.  Generally speaking, after a cutoff like the one earlier this map, you won't see such a massive momentum swing in the other direction within the same campaign.  

I mean, it's cool that the Allies are pushing back!  But how do you go from enough HC to cut off 9.5 divisions to "No GHC Online" within a matter of days?  The Allies also got somewhat complacent at the German factories, but it took at least a week for the momentum to shift.  

5 minutes ago, hierbart said:

I was on .. we were OP..  had the spwnble... no one spwned...    Why should i flip my life upside down to wake up at 4am to run a map for a group of players that have no clue how to attack.. or defend .. or spwn on a mission...    

???

10 minutes ago, hierbart said:

..? What happened to "I couldn't do the cutoff without the dedicated efforts of all the players"? And now supposedly those players are crap?

Just because we suddenly get a spawn doesn't mean the entire side is obligated to spawn there. There are FB defense and attacks, air missions, people spawned on the attack already, people at other AOs and DOs. Unless there's a lot of coordination to get a group of players to sit despawned until the spawn gets captured the moment it gets captured, there's no guarantee it'll be used. And having those players despawned means they aren't around for FBs, the other AOs/DOs, etc.

2 people like this

21 hours ago, goreblimey said:

Looks more like the axis soft cap team don't want a real fight

That guy went Allied this campiagn with his multiple accounts.

On 6/27/2018 at 1:44 PM, hierbart said:

So let me get this straight........a week or so ago you were stating you were responsible for the greatest comeback and cuttoff ever......now you wont even play?  How did the game all of a sudden "break" from then till now? 

Thats a cop-out.  

3 people like this

The 8% allied TOM advantage is what is and has happened.

That is a huge advantage, only reason map not rolled is the scaled CP capture time change.  An 8% TOM advantage is almost unheard of in game.

axis making a great fight of it, but only once in game history has a larger TOM side lost a map.  And that was by like 1%.

Map not over, but if the 8% TOM advantage continues, will end up being a long grind E.

Edited by delems

On 6/28/2018 at 4:57 PM, bmw said:

So let me get this straight........a week or so ago you were stating you were responsible for the greatest comeback and cuttoff ever......now you wont even play?  How did the game all of a sudden "break" from then till now? 

Thats a cop-out.  

He withdrew, himself wounded, and was compelled to return home inglorious, weeping - he who had once vainly hoped for the glory of a triumph.

-William of Apulia