malvoc

Low pop

50 posts in this topic

Look I don't care who wins the map anymore I just like good battles and lately (past 6 maps) it has been so one sided population that I am tired of even playing... you are either looking for someone to kill or you are getting raped by 40 against 10 odds.

Today when I logged in I went axis because they were showing underpop and there was an attack on bertrix. Mind you this is Sunday afternoon and there were only 3 mission with 7 axis players total in game lol. I am tired of the same old thing every map personally. It makes for terrible gameplay you are either rolling the map or just cant keep up either way I would like to know why numbers are dropping so much?? 

The start of this map was awesome huge battles and both sides not giving up made for some great fights but now its back to 40 against 10 odds it seems which makes game very boring to me. When you can AO a town and just walk right through it with no opposition what fuin is that?

Do you think its fun because your winning because there are damn sure no targets to even shoot at ? This goes for both sides BTW before I get flamed for saying this lol. When are rats going to come up with some kind of solution to this decade old problem?

I love the game and community but hate the way every map ends up being 1 side way overpop….you would think by now something would have been done to try and fix this and let me tell you spawn delay just drives players away no one likes it on either side its not the answer and never will be. There has got to be some kind of way to make battles at least somewhat even and give a great experience for winning or losing side....

Sorry for the rant I am just tired of same old stuff every map. I say you pick a side and stick with it for the map win or lose!!!!

Malvoc out.....

Fair post.

Softcapping and the HC system make it 3 reasons why battles don't happen. 

Like you, I don't care who wins.

1 hour ago, rotsechs said:

Fair post.

Softcapping and the HC system make it 3 reasons why battles don't happen. 

Like you, I don't care who wins.

3rd reason is...?

1.36 is supposed to address this but no details yet about it.

2 hours ago, Zebbeee said:

3rd reason is...?

It's in the first post. 

It's a shame no one's bothered to come up with solid ideas for helping reduce Pop imbalance.   Oh wait.... 

Edited by lipton

22 hours ago, malvoc said:

Mind you this is Sunday afternoon and there were only 3 mission with 7 axis players total in game lol. I am tired of the same old thing every map personally. It makes for terrible gameplay you are either rolling the map or just cant keep up either way I would like to know why numbers are dropping so much?? 

21 hours ago, Zebbeee said:

3rd reason is...?

Well there are details but no concrete dates on a release..........which was needed a long time ago.  Stagnation leads to apathy..........apathy leads to not logging in.....which I believe is where the current state of the game is atm.

4 people like this

F’sure pop is down, and it’s important to note that it’s down pretty much every summer. Europe is engulfed in a heat wave and the world is watching England about to win the World Cup.

It’s not perfect, but sure beats talking to the wife! 

3 people like this

Summertime also bring lower game population. Its the history of this game for the last 17 years. 

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, BLKHWK8 said:

Summertime also bring lower game population. Its the history of this game for the last 17 years. 

While that may be true. don't kid yourself into thinking this is the only reason for the low population.

It has been three months since the thread I linked, which was filled with several pages of good ideas and discussion on how to grow the population, went inactive. Since then we have yet to see anything implemented with effect addressing the population issue.

23 hours ago, gt3076r said:

I can understand the concerns of F2P players. Like we talked the other day, the F2P accounts help to the pop etc. But the post you are mentioning was discussed by players and staff members and so, it  was not ignored.

I do not agree with the intend to pay nothing and have some equipment that I at least, in my modest opinion, consider to be premium equipment. Actually, this is a suscriptiom model game. I do not know about CRS be thinking on changing the "pay model" and like I said, actually, the game is a suscription based game, not a Free to play game or "buy some items" based game or something similar.  

I remember when I started playing as "kase" with the axis, I was 24 years old, just unemployed, the crisis just came to Europe and started to hit heavily to the "Euro - PIGS" countries (Spain etc, you know bad northern europeans name to call us). The game hooked me so much to the point (I had played other times, other years) I went to the bank the first day of every month and put € 15 to play in my bank account. 15€ is a poorly made "cubalibre" or 3/4 beers. In those times there was no F2P, of course and there was a "demo trial" for 15 days. So I understand perfectly people that can not afford the game.

Althoug I still think that the premium price is not very high if you like the game and I think that a person who can not afford 15€ or 17€ have major problems to be wasting his time with this game. 

What I want to say is that those who pay also make efforts to pay, in the sense that money does not fall from the sky and we have to earn our money with our jobs etc., and we need our "rewards" in game, to continue doing it. Increasing the privileges of the F2P players can be dangerous, since many people who pay could stop doing it and although I agree with you that the F2P players are very useful, at the same time it is true that F2P players do not economically support the game.  

In my opinion the possibilities of the F2P accounts are correct and balanced with respect to the players who pay. So I can say that F2P is pretty fair business compared to premium subs.

Another thing is the offers and marketing stuff, there we could talk a lot, but that's another issue.

In conclusion, Im sorry, but I am against giving more toys to the F2P players.

S!

2 people like this

S! kase nice post, agree f2p should only get the basics, this is a subscription game and if you want the toys you should pay and support the game and developers like everyone else, Also agree that F2P should be locked to under pop side only how that is implemented could be tricky as pop swings more than codycody on a  Friday night.

I am a North European and Spain is my favorite country in Europe I love the place its a wonderful country, and i Voted to remain in the EU :)

S!

2 people like this

If we're not honest to ourselves it won't get better. This thread could have been made instead of "The biggest cutoff ever thanks to superior comms and tacs"thread, because it was then the same skewed pop just the other way around. One of many problems is also the inherent overpop and overskill on the axis side, that's why the DB7 and German SMG CAN'T get fixed and that's also the reason why we still play the same campaign. If pop levels even out at this point, how long is this campaign to last? Maybe not all can play forever and most actually do care who wins. Also, Kase250's squad & some other players are probably another reason for the low pop. CRS have effectively maneuvered themselves into a corner. I see no other outcome than these pop levels and permanent reliance on yearly fund raisers at this point, which will probably still keep it going.

49 minutes ago, arado234 said:

Also, Kase250's squad & some other players are probably another reason for the low pop. 

Yes, we killed the game. LOL. 

The problem as many good allied players has already said is: Instead of being here saying nonsense BS. You have to play more in the game, not in the forum. This is the key, less cry & more action.

Take care, time to add you to the ignore-list.com

5 hours ago, kase250 said:

In conclusion, Im sorry, but I am against giving more toys to the F2P players.

S!

I agree.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Hinfoos said:

All infantry for f2p

All vehicles for premium,simple

Nope. Bad for the game.  For some.........thats all they play, even some vets.  If i was one of those I would just drop my sub and do the f2p if I had access to all infanrty.  While I like the idea of being able to use other vehicles if the game was free for all infantry I would drop the sub.

So NO, bad idea.

Edited by bmw
3 people like this

You guys can agree or disagree about giving more to free players, in the end your opinion is just that. Here's some facts for you: next to nobody is buying the subscription as is. If you want the game to grow, something must be done - like allowing Steam players to purchase freemium or something. Other than that you're stuck with the current lackluster population which sure as hell makes selling this game as an MMO look like a farce. 

For the first time in 14 years, I've become dis-hearted enough in this game... that I've started playing other games. Low-pop has always been ONE of the reasons to play less. But add the recent supply issues and the 1.36 "soon" promise that has gone on WAY too long...

I've grown tired and moved on, and found there actually ARE other games that I find to be a lot of fun. Squad is pretty cool. And I've really enjoyed the test weekends for Post Scriptum. Can't wait for it to go live on July 18th. It's friggin Awesome!!!! 

I hope Hell Let Loose is just as good. My point is... All these things combined, mean WWIIOL is fighting a losing battle... UPHILL. 

2 hours ago, Hinfoos said:

All infantry for f2p

All vehicles for premium,simple

This is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure the game as it currently is could afford it. If infantry weren't the only units which have effect on moving a map it could be different.

32 minutes ago, lipton said:

For the first time in 14 years, I've become dis-hearted enough in this game... that I've started playing other games. Low-pop has always been ONE of the reasons to play less. But add the recent supply issues and the 1.36 "soon" promise that has gone on WAY too long...

I've grown tired and moved on, and found there actually ARE other games that I find to be a lot of fun. Squad is pretty cool. And I've really enjoyed the test weekends for Post Scriptum. Can't wait for it to go live on July 18th. It's friggin Awesome!!!! 

I hope Hell Let Loose is just as good. My point is... All these things combined, mean WWIIOL is fighting a losing battle... UPHILL. 

None of the games you've mentioned are competitors to WWIIOL. Competitors for your time, perhaps, but none of them are combined arms MMOFPS. They're realistic, populous match-style arcade shooters. Like significantly more realistic 40 V 40 CoD-style games, with a lot of the BS trimmed away.

They're enjoyable, don't get me wrong, but WWIIOL has yet to see an actual competitor other than Planetside 2, which is much more arcade in style and has a futuristic theme, so it's not really a direct competitor.