Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sixpence

1.36 update

9 posts in this topic

Personally, I am saddened that movable flags will have less supply than a garrison. CRS is basically taking strategic thought out of the game and making it brain dead simple. Do we need something to slow down break outs? Yes, but this is taking the game backwards. We should be able to move armies.

When the allies have the axis armies trapped in the factory corner, the axis armies are stacked and if they can punch through they can push a couple of divisions through without compromising on defense. At the factory corner the axis armies should be reduced corresponding to what it would be at the end of a war defending the final cities with factories bombed repeatedly. They should be short at least one division. This should be done at the other end of the map as well. If you reduced England to British brigades  only(or even reduced a brigade or division from them) you could change the victory conditions to include the British cities. Get the supply to reduce as you lose ground and vice versa.

I believe the system we have just needs to be tweaked, not dumbed down. Just my 2 cents

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, sixpence said:

CRS is basically taking strategic thought out of the game and making it brain dead simple.

Not really
If you only have a small amount of flags
and the flags are special, not just some generic units, it would be very important to think about where and when to press them into play
and at the same time one guy totally botching the flags does not remove all hope for the guys on the ground, they can still make their best stand with garrison forces.

2 hours ago, sixpence said:

Personally, I am saddened that movable flags will have less supply than a garrison. CRS is basically taking strategic thought out of the game and making it brain dead simple. Do we need something to slow down break outs? Yes, but this is taking the game backwards. We should be able to move armies.

When the allies have the axis armies trapped in the factory corner, the axis armies are stacked and if they can punch through they can push a couple of divisions through without compromising on defense. At the factory corner the axis armies should be reduced corresponding to what it would be at the end of a war defending the final cities with factories bombed repeatedly. They should be short at least one division. This should be done at the other end of the map as well. If you reduced England to British brigades  only(or even reduced a brigade or division from them) you could change the victory conditions to include the British cities. Get the supply to reduce as you lose ground and vice versa.

I believe the system we have just needs to be tweaked, not dumbed down. Just my 2 cents

Having the movable flags have more supply means that we don't eliminate the over-reliance on HC players, because they will still be required to move supply around. The over-reliance is reduced, but it's still over-reliance.

Since those are just supply numbers, they can be tweaked in the future. The actual hard programming work being done is everything to do with facilitating static flags into the game. CRS may find in the future that larger movable flags and smaller garrisons is the way to go, but initially it's larger garrisons and smaller flags.

3 hours ago, sixpence said:

I’m also saddened by the change that 1.36 will represent. I think full TOES could have been retained abd amended to deliver great gameplay 

1 minute ago, Silky said:

I’m also saddened by the change that 1.36 will represent. I think full TOES could have been retained abd amended to deliver great gameplay 

Again, that wouldn't satisfy either of the core objectives of 1.36: eliminate the over-reliance on HC players, and eliminate uncontested gameplay.

When player population comes back to high numbers, I guess the flags could better represent a real HC orbat layout and receive a more significant role regarding objectives. 

I wish Garrisons would display the flag of the original country (Holland, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, UK, Germany) , with an indication about which side owns it.

19 minutes ago, chaoswzkd said:

Again, that wouldn't satisfy either of the core objectives of 1.36: eliminate the over-reliance on HC players, and eliminate uncontested gameplay.

My opinion is that the TOES mechanics could have been adjusted to give a better game experience whereby uncontested gameplay was reduced and HC retention would have been improved 

1 hour ago, Zebbeee said:

I wish Garrisons would display the flag of the original country (Holland, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, UK, Germany) , with an indication about which side owns it.

I imagine that could maybe be an artistic possibility later as it is only a visual not a strat dynamic, the Nederlands never becomes Belgium or Deutscheland
Or a Country overlay you could toggle on and off maybe

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, merlin51 said:

I imagine that could maybe be an artistic possibility later as it is only a visual not a strat dynamic, the Nederlands never becomes Belgium or Deutscheland
Or a Country overlay you could toggle on and off maybe

It could become : imagine that the allied side cannot attack from a country that has not previously be attacked by the axis :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0