Rotschild

Sound effects...

6 posts in this topic

The sound of bullets hitting around you on roads, building walls, etc; the sounds tanks make like turrents, outgoing rounds, incoming rounds from the perspective of inf; and also just getting more realistic sounds from small arms; and the sounds of planes flying over head.  There are more but those can be a start.  WW2ol has many of the new games beat bc of the huge map and combined arms.  New games have better graphics and sound.  Graphics is a tough one to compete with.  Just wondering how hard it would be to get some more realistic sounds in game. 

Audio = immersion,if you have the right sounds it can make a huge diff.. and can be easier to implement over graphics i think ( Although Im not a code nerd).  But I'll tell you that the new games have some incredible audio.  IMO this could be a way to modernize the game to compete a bit without any ginormous changes.  Just a suggest. 

I don't want to post any other games in our forums but I would encourage rats pls go listen to some sounds on the newer games and see what i'm saying.. I'm not sure how diff is it to overhaul the sounds in game? again, the immersion of sound is huge.  yes, the newer games have graphics but really they have great audio that sells much of the game.. S!

2 people like this

Can't agree more and been supporting better sounds for years.

That being said, Rats already have an open position for a (volunteer) sound engineer. 

About graphics, they have someone working on lightning effects. This could already transform the whole game look&feel with just this.

I quite liked the possibility of Lightning effects
The Lockheed P-38 Lightning was a Mainstay of U.S. Fighter Squadrons in Europe and the South Pacific.

Edited by merlin51
1 person likes this

Audio, especially ground vehicles lack low end punch and rumble. The trucks are the worse offender, absolutely all mid and no bass and it just gets louder and more ear rapey the closer it gets. Maybe that's just the sound of trucks back then but it's very noticeable.

Edited by knucks

6 hours ago, jwilly said:

Lighting?

Shadows, reflexion and such

Add to the list much more smoke effects, permanently rising from wrecks, explosions and buildings on fire