• Announcements

• BLKHWK8

Squad Rat Chats   06/28/2018

We will be having an Axis Squad and Allied Squad Rat Chat next month.  Please join us for a meeting with @XOOM @HATCH and @OHM to touch base with the Rats to go on a QA session.  Axis Squad Chat - July 28, 2018 2pm Server Time Allied Squad Chat - July 29, 2018 2pm Server Time.
m00reiche

Make reshade/sweetFX work with WW II Online

14 posts in this topic

Good Day/Night Soldiers, Comrades and Foes,

i would love to see World War II Online compatible with a programm called Reshade.
Reshade is a programm what you can use to lay a shader over games/programms so it looks better. It works with DirectX and OpenGL, its totally FREE and OPEN SOURCE! you can check it out here https://reshade.me/

i qoute: "ReShade is an advanced, fully generic post-processing injector for games and video software developed by crosire. Imagine your favorite game with ambient occlusion, real depth of field effects, color correction and more ... ReShade exposes an automated and generic way to access both frame color and depth information (latter is automatically disabled during multiplayer to prevent exploitation) and all the tools to make it happen.

The possibilities are endless! Add advanced depth-edge-detection-driven SMAA antialiasing, screen space ambient occlusion, depth of field effects, chromatic aberration, dynamic film grain, automatic saturation and color correction, cross processing, multi-pass blurring ... you name it."

i notice that the OpenGL32.dll from reshade makes the problem so the game WW2O wont launch, i think its a anti cheat or something like that. it would be cool if you can permit the .dll so everyone can tune their graphic a little bit! 

@Xoom  What do you think?

Sorry for my bad english, im from germany but i try my best!

Have a nice day and i hope you all survive the winter ;) 

My personal opinion is that software like this should not be allowed. If it changes the way things are displayed on your screen then it could make it easier for you to see enemies.

9 hours ago, Nick said:

My personal opinion is that software like this should not be allowed. If it changes the way things are displayed on your screen then it could make it easier for you to see enemies.

No,no,no.

You cant change the display from anything It dont work this way, you CANT remove anything with this programm or see more distance, you CANT. Its more like a layer above your Display, so ifs more colorfull and sharpen.

If you have a good Monitor, you can already do it with the Monitor controlls (sharpness, colorfullness, contrast etc.) its not a cheat or something.

Its not like you can adjust the EI to glow pink :D You just set a filter/layer above the Game so its more grey/dark or more colorfull (however the person want it), i will try to show you some Screenshots from some other games i play to show you the difference.

Edited by emsschaft

It is an external post render filter is all.
The problem with it is that it requires a modified opengl32.dll, one that the game isnt going to recognize as amd nvidia or microsoft

and it probably wont be too fond of the functions in it

30 minutes ago, towcutter said:

It is an external post render filter is all.
The problem with it is that it requires a modified opengl32.dll, one that the game isnt going to recognize as amd nvidia or microsoft

and it probably wont be too fond of the functions in it

thanks for the info!

Interesting. Switching to the Unreal engine is obviously the ultimate goal but if this could be leveraged as an interim solution that ... for lack of a better term ... puts lipstick on the pig then to me it's interesting. Specifically the washed out gray palette while flying would be something to look into IMO.

2 people like this

11 hours ago, m00reiche said:

Here is a little Screenshot from World of Warcraft which i found on Reddit:

looks like a 2010 DC filter to turn Adam West into what we now see as Bman v Sman

reminds me of the "glow" filter of paint.net

Actually it seems harder to see objects with it. If you want that, I'm fine with it. But I rather stick with what we got as I can't see anything in the dark allready, even without a darkening filter.

1 person likes this

Post-processing and shaders are a lot of what makes games look so good. Scenes in UnrealEd without those effects look like bland crap, even with great textures, but they look absolutely stunning with shaders and some post-processing effects. I'm not talking basic filters or "increase the glow x500" stuff. There are just some different effects that can be applied to make trash look like a work of art.

That said, WWIIOL may run on a version of OpenGL (if it uses OpenGL, I forget if it does) that predates these injection utilities, and that may be why WWIIOL stops working.

Edited by chaoswzkd
2 people like this

12 hours ago, madrebel said:

Interesting. Switching to the Unreal engine is obviously the ultimate goal but if this could be leveraged as an interim solution that ... for lack of a better term ... puts lipstick on the pig then to me it's interesting. Specifically the washed out gray palette while flying would be something to look into IMO.

You are so damn right!

On 7/10/2018 at 0:43 AM, m00reiche said:

ReShade exposes an automated and generic way to access both frame color and depth information (latter is automatically disabled during multiplayer to prevent exploitation)

WWIIOL is always multiplayer, so all of the ReShade effects based on depth would be disabled by design.

Not at all saying it's the intent of the program designers or the persons suggesting its integration/enabling, but any program that provides a capability to either increase or decrease the visual differential between two colors can be used in-game to make particular units more visually prominent against game backdrops.

6 hours ago, jwilly said:

increase or decrease the visual differential between two colors

You mean like axis grey and yellow tanks might stick out really well against the green background then?

Obvious, therefore irrelevant.

But, green (17,130,17) vegetation might be made more distinct from green (8,128,8) tanks.