flong139

why play anymore

21 posts in this topic

logged in no comms nothing towns going down ppl on just nothing hc on not doing sht no comms fk i love this game wtf

S!

TBS... what can I tell you but it can't come soon enough.

OH just as a reminder the axis did win the last 6 maps and the allies, though dwindling and still very low has relied on the Axis squads switching up sides to get somewhere this map. Don't worry, after next map you all can run another 6 or so in a row.  This is exactly the example I put forth about if the Axis having zero tolerance for lopsided maps.

11 hours ago, flong139 said:

logged in no comms nothing towns going down ppl on just nothing hc on not doing sht no comms fk i love this game wtf

S!

You don't have to be a High Command officer in order to be a leader. Having access to those tools help, but, a single individual with the right attitude and energy can course correct a difficult situation.

When you see a vacancy or a piece of the puzzle missing, be the one who steps up to fill it. You can create the WWII Online moment at anytime, it just takes one person to make a difference. S! 

5 hours ago, XOOM said:

You don't have to be a High Command officer in order to be a leader. Having access to those tools help, but, a single individual with the right attitude and energy can course correct a difficult situation.

When you see a vacancy or a piece of the puzzle missing, be the one who steps up to fill it. You can create the WWII Online moment at anytime, it just takes one person to make a difference. S! 

That's all fine and dandy, but when you can't move a flag to cover a hole or move flags so they don't get cut off, all the RAH RAH RAH LET'S GO MEN is pretty useless, and that's basically the problem: Long gaps in HC coverage where we can't switch AOs, place AOs on targets that make sense, get bridge's attacked or repaired...

Edited by Mosizlak
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

That's all fine and dandy, but when you can't move a flag to cover a hole or move flags so they don't get cut off, all the RAH RAH RAH LET'S GO MEN is pretty useless, and that's basically the problem: Long gaps in HC coverage where we can't switch AOs, place AOs on targets that make sense, get bridge's attacked or repaired...

Until 1.36 comes out, the only real solution is to fill in the slots in HC in a concerted effort to take advantage of the toolset provided to them. HC senior leadership is willing to work with people as reserve officers who are there in case of emergency, but if you don't have the toolset and are online, you could be in a position to help avoid a massive cluster.

I realize this has been said before, it's not an attempt to provide a default answer that doesn't have any meaning or to be shrugged off. It's really important, and if you're concerned about it, like you and others should be, the path is available and you know what to do.

S! 

I'm not doing a job in game for free. That's what it boils down to. 

2 people like this

7 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

I'm not doing a job in game for free. That's what it boils down to. 

The fact you view it as a job is one of the issues. 

It opens the leadership part of the game. It's similar to defending an FB or cutting a bunker. It's a function that for the time being is required.

A reserve HC officer only needs to step up when no other officer is on. Until that point they can turn the tag off. But isn't it better to be prepared in the event of this happening ?

7 minutes ago, BLKHWK8 said:

The fact you view it as a job is one of the issues. 

Because it is. Players get zero perks for working this job. At least the old uniforms were pretty cool.

7 minutes ago, gt3076r said:

Because it is. Players get zero perks for working this job. At least the old uniforms were pretty cool.

How is this different than any other aspect of the game.  This is optional and if everyone that has posted in this thread would get the tools and work as a team it wouldn't be a job. 

If you don't want to step up that is fine you keep .hcoff but at least you have the choice.

5 minutes ago, BLKHWK8 said:

How is this different than any other aspect of the game.  This is optional and if everyone that has posted in this thread would get the tools and work as a team it wouldn't be a job. 

If you don't want to step up that is fine you keep .hcoff but at least you have the choice.

It's an aspect of the game that I do not want to do. I pay to play, not move flags around, not place AOs.  

That's not playing the game to me. To some it may be, but to me, nope.  It's a horrendous system put in by the old team, and we know you are attempting to fix it, but in the meantime it's a real problem. Any game that requires paying players to volunteer to do an ingame job is a bad system. 

If there were ANY perks to being HC, you'd have more people. You new Rats are doing the same thing that every other fanboy is doing: Blaming players for a broken system. You do it more politely and with more guile, but it's the same thing: If you don't like it, join the HCs. 

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

You new Rats are doing the same thing that every other fanboy is doing: Blaming players for a broken system.

As mentioned, at least the HC thing is confirmed being addressed. But I do see a lot of responsibility being erroneously assigned to the playerbase. Current CRS needs to keep the mistakes of past CRS fresh in mind, it's how they got the keys to this whole thing in the first place.

55 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

It's an aspect of the game that I do not want to do. I pay to play, not move flags around, not place AOs.  

That's not playing the game to me. To some it may be, but to me, nope.  It's a horrendous system put in by the old team, and we know you are attempting to fix it, but in the meantime it's a real problem.

1 minute ago, bmw said:

I have to agree.  Never liked the flag stuff......which is why I wont step up.  Worry about setting fallbacks, moving supply, 8itching to the PB to get FB's or we cant attack........not fun especially when you get to play 1-2 hrs a night.

As Mo said others love it, others do it but it is a broken system and its needs 1.36 yesterday.

Edited by bmw
1 person likes this

HC is part of the game, just another aspect of it.. Just like there is the air, ground and navy.. Some will do everything, some will only fly, some will only ground pound, some are here for the strategic HC aspect..  

As a player on a personal level, I wish we would hide the strategic layer of the game from non-hc.. I think hiding all flags from non-hc will reduce stress on HC from all the armchair quarterbacks who think they know better but don’t want to be HC.. It will also hide mistakes better. Then the non-hc players can just focus on playing the field rather than trying to run hc without being in it. Then those who are interested in the strategic side of the game, can join HC.. This would work great with town supply carrying the bulk of supply and the brigades just supplementing supply. 

25 minutes ago, SCKING said:

HC is part of the game, just another aspect of it.. Just like there is the air, ground and navy.. Some will do everything, some will only fly, some will only ground pound, some are here for the strategic HC aspect..  

As a player on a personal level, I wish we would hide the strategic layer of the game from non-hc.. I think hiding all flags from non-hc will reduce stress on HC from all the armchair quarterbacks who think they know better but don’t want to be HC.. It will also hide mistakes better. Then the non-hc players can just focus on playing the field rather than trying to run hc without being in it. Then those who are interested in the strategic side of the game, can join HC.. This would work great with town supply carrying the bulk of supply and the brigades just supplementing supply. 

Don't know what this would accomplish except cause even more confusion. 

26 minutes ago, madrebel said:

if you hide HC from everyone, whats the point of having it at all?

Flags would be hidden from the regular players.. Make it visible to only those that want to play that aspect to the game.. From everyone else’s posts (that are not HC members) it’s a thorn in your side, so why worry about it when you can not see it any longer? You would just spawn into a town and get a supply list and work with that. The supply list would vary depending on what HC has in there in addition to the town based garrison. 

As a reminder, this is my personal idea and not one being thought of or being implemented.. 

16 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Don't know what this would accomplish except cause even more confusion. 

How would having less to think about cause more confusion.. I would think having a bunch of flags would cause more confusion? Wouldn’t it be easier to just spawn into a town where there is a certain amount of supply available and nothing else? Like the old days before TOEs?

32 minutes ago, SCKING said:

Flags would be hidden from the regular players.. Make it visible to only those that want to play that aspect to the game.. From everyone else’s posts (that are not HC members) it’s a thorn in your side, so why worry about it when you can not see it any longer? You would just spawn into a town and get a supply list and work with that. The supply list would vary depending on what HC has in there in addition to the town based garrison. 

As a reminder, this is my personal idea and not one being thought of or being implemented.. 

if you could hide all the flags, you could also assign an AI routine to move them around by a set of criteria. same outcome, the 'players' woldn't know its AI as they wouldn't see it. or remove them entirely and again, the players would be none the wiser.

bizarrely the HC system, and those who like it, have always appeared to many players as the needs of the few trumping the needs of the many.  it doesn't make much sense that this aspect of the game is catered towards with the exception of "the old team did it and we can't just rip it out atm". that i get, must try and please as many paying subscribers as possible atm and i get that the HC lovers may riot or attempt to extort at the threat of unsubbing like so many groups have unfortunately done in the past. i get that.

was HC worth it though?

If we must have this HC system there must be HC people online ALL THE TIME, right?

CRS IS RESPONSIBLE to make sure that we have HC online all the time, right? (after all they created it and it was not there from the beginning)

CRS HAS FAILED, so its time to get rid of this HC thing entirely. Until that happens CRS STAFF IS RESPONSIBLE to fill gaps when there are no HC online.. on both sides! And they must not try to put that responsibility on the players because thats not right.

4 minutes ago, formio said:

If we must have this HC system there must be HC people online ALL THE TIME, right?

CRS IS RESPONSIBLE to make sure that we have HC online all the time, right? (after all they created it and it was not there from the beginning)

CRS HAS FAILED, so its time to get rid of this HC thing entirely. Until that happens CRS STAFF IS RESPONSIBLE to fill gaps when there are no HC online.. on both sides! And they must not try to put that responsibility on the players because thats not right.

So is it also CRSs fault if everyone decides to use tanks and planes only and no infantry and CRS staff has to fill in that gap as well? 

This discussion has become completely unproductive. CRS acknowledges that we need to implement 1.36 to remove the burden on the High Command program. We need to achieve that and until we do, we'll have to stay within this current framework, sorry, it's what we have to do and no finger pointing will solve that on either end.

With that, I'm closing this thread.

We need to change attitudes around and be working as a team to solve these things, not going after one another.

1 person likes this