tr6al

Town names and pronunciation

8 posts in this topic

One of the things we have issues with in game (on voice chat ( discord)) is the way people say town names . Most are not correct but then again , what is correct .

We had a chat yesterday ( myself,Oldzeke, Scking and Mwhitman) about the way names are pronounced in game. It would be really nice if we could click on a town and the correct ( or near enough) vocalization of the town name would be heard. Could use a hot key or spare function key to do this in some way. This would only be if the user wanted it vocalized and would not be forced on everyone. 

Not all towns would need it but it could be an ongoing slow project with a few towns at a time , mainly the awkward ones (Eghezee, Wavre ,Soignies,etc) 

It would be educational and add to the authenticity of the game as well as clearing up confusion over towns .

Tr6al 

2 people like this

Many struggle with the pronounciation of their own language, never mind a foreign one. 

1 person likes this

We have Dutch towns and french towns. If you see me on discord you can ask for both pronounciations I speak both languages 

Maybe, when AO's are placed, CRS can let HC designate them as P1, D1, P2,D2 etc so you just call it out that way.

1 hour ago, gavalink said:

I'm fine with Sick Lesbians. :D

Funny...........even though I read it right my head says the opposite

I just imitate my fellow US players butchering through all those names so we understand each other.

Let's go and attack the iron dike, I mean Eisendike, I mean IJzendijke!

Edited by vanapo