delems

Changing player rank.

11 posts in this topic

Is it possible to have ones rank changed?  Say I'm a Lt Col today, but I want to be a 2nd Lt, is that possible?

What about adjusting an entire squads member ranks?

I think it would be very hard to do
Your things you have done that equate to your rank also tie into other players things they have done, missions, kills/deaths, captures etc.

48 minutes ago, delems said:

Is it possible to have ones rank changed?  Say I'm a Lt Col today, but I want to be a 2nd Lt, is that possible?

What about adjusting an entire squads member ranks?

Might be worth a support ticket to get a verdict.

And a second question, is there a way to grant gear access to someone with lower rank - i.e. bypass the normal rank need?

Basically, if I'm a Lt Col today, I have access to everything.

But, let's say I want to be a staff sergeant, a squad leader rank.  That rank won't get me all the gear.

So, can you change my rank from Lt Col to staff sergeant, but still allow me access to all the gear?

6 hours ago, delems said:

And a second question, is there a way to grant gear access to someone with lower rank - i.e. bypass the normal rank need?

Basically, if I'm a Lt Col today, I have access to everything.

But, let's say I want to be a staff sergeant, a squad leader rank.  That rank won't get me all the gear.

So, can you change my rank from Lt Col to staff sergeant, but still allow me access to all the gear?

No - gear is tied to rank (and subscription type)

As I already mentioned in other topics, we should separate « rank per personna » and « experience per equipment ». It would offer much more player addiction/devotion possibilities.

Rank could unlock gear access (and allow for negative points), while experience (use per equipment) should still be needed before being able to spawn bigger toys from that equipment category (lifetime acquisition)

Agree, gear could be tied to a 'level' rating, not rank.

That way rank can be assigned by squad COs to squad members, or rank can just default to 'level' if a player is not in a squad.

Squads don't have 10 Lt Cols in them.

They have a staff sergeant, sergeant, maybe a corporal and private first class, and mostly privates.

Even if go with platoon organization (how our squad generally is organized), you'd have a 2nd Lt, master sergeant, then the rest as above in squads.

Again, not 10 Lt Cols and 10 Majors.

You could rename Rank to XP (Experience)
Then add a new data bit called Rank, but you would then have to figure out exactly what to do with it.
How to give rank, how to take rank away, and what exactly rank gives you.

If you have 10 Lt Col in a platoon, you probably need to get out of the west point brunch club LOL

If you join a pilot squad like JG51, well all pilots are officers! should they all automatically get officer rank? as soon as they join JG51?

That is not how a sim like this works!  Run the game or play the game.... your choice. but don't expect to make money.

*** Then add a new data bit called Rank, but you would then have to figure out exactly what to do with it.
How to give rank, how to take rank away, and what exactly rank gives you.

I was thinking the rank would be equal to level if player not in squad.

If they were in squad, rank would still be equal to level, unless the CO changed the rank to create an hierarchy.

It is possible to change a players rank, but with that come less Equipment.

We do not change player ranks unless something is broken

At this time, Rank is directly tied to progress of personas, so as in every other game where you have level 1 2 3 etc, we use ranks instead of numbers.