OHM

Release today is the plan

45 posts in this topic

We have a big release for terrain with two key towns being split up. 

With this update with have decided to stop the campaign and declare it a DRAW. 

This is the only fair way for everyone as unit deployments and moves for the front line need to be made by the High Command. 

We will have a 24 hour intermission to give the officers time to get deployments and for us to make sure no serious issues pop up. 

We plan on the release tonight 

Taking Anwerp by suprise, next day campaign is ended and called a draw. Fellow axis soldiers gonna be so pleased to hear this :-D

At least those allied pilots flying incontestable one way RDP missions over and over again just wasted their time. So I am fine with that.

1 hour ago, gretnine said:

More tier0. Hurray.. 

+1 - I'd like a "draw" and restart every 4 weeks.

Need the forests back. On the map they are marked, but when you go there, not even a bush.

Also need the rivers fixed so that Fairmille can once again see across the landscape and provide effective fire.

idk, seems really odd?

This been a good map, why end it?

You put the divisions back where they are now - only exception is have to consult on how to place in Antwerp since axis captured it and now split.

Brux not an issue as backline.

Not sure they should call this map personally.

my guess is due to the link changes, the entire existing map would break. further when you're adding something new, a clean slate to start from is always the best bet. what if it fails? what if only part of it fails? you're now looking at perhaps a manual by hand replacement of all the flags everytime they iterate a fix to solve the issue. that's just tedious and silly.

lastly, does it 'really' matter? is the outcome of this map more important than a clean slate to test the first terrain updates in .... 10 years? i for one kinda want to fight for antwerp and brussels.

7 people like this

*** my guess is due to the link changes, the entire existing map would break.

Nah, two new links is all......  And all the towns near them are axis atm.

*** i for one kinda want to fight for antwerp and brussels.

And you still can, axis fight for brux, axis defends antwerp.

11 minutes ago, delems said:

*** my guess is due to the link changes, the entire existing map would break.

Nah, two new links is all......  And all the towns near them are axis atm.

If this is true, I don't see any reason for a restart tbh. If...

45 minutes ago, delems said:

idk, seems really odd?

This been a good map, why end it?

You put the divisions back where they are now - only exception is have to consult on how to place in Antwerp since axis captured it and now split.

Brux not an issue as backline.

Not sure they should call this map personally.

Because of links and logistics. 

Axis would need major flag movement to be able to continue as is, and allied would need to be allowed to match it.

The amount of moves needed would change the battlefield so much that it makes much more sense to just call it a draw.

3 people like this

Don't understand why people feel the need to argue or question any decision that is made?

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

Don't understand why people feel the need to argue or question any decision that is made?

You need to ask this question and you've been around from the start of this game? bahahaha

I couldn't care less about the winning or losing of this map. I just hope they restart the new map in tier1. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, vanapo said:

If this is true, I don't see any reason for a restart tbh. If...

Right, because y'all must know so much more than the programmers over at CRS who actually create the code and manage the game on a daily basis.

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

I just hope they restart the new map in tier1. 

Would make sense to me as well but let's be comprehensive: they're going to perform for the first time ever a terrain update which can go terribly wrong. This is a rebirth of our favourite game thanks to the outstanding efforts of the new team.  can't we just leave aside the campaign stats and just say "thank you"?

I don't think we (the community) would have accepted to delay this update until the next campaign neither.

3 people like this

The problem with not calling a draw, is that there has to be a massive bout of warping brigades to cover new vulnerabilities
and that may mean pulling brigades off existing vulnerabilities, and the other side will want to move things around as well.
And then you get arguments about favoritism or bias etc.

With a restart, there wont be any arguments or unhappiness that this side got to do X and that side got screwed by Y
and that something unfair was done or someone was favored.

No matter what way you look at it, all of them are picking some evil outside of not patching until the campaign is over, and that could be 3 days or 3 months from now, so the lesser evil is chosen.

1 person likes this

46 minutes ago, Zebbeee said:

Would make sense to me as well but let's be comprehensive: they're going to perform for the first time ever a terrain update which can go terribly wrong. This is a rebirth of our favourite game thanks to the outstanding efforts of the new team.  can't we just leave aside the campaign stats and just say "thank you"?

I don't think we (the community) would have accepted to delay this update until the next campaign neither.

Either way is fine, I'd just prefer a tier1 start, that's all. 

1 person likes this

*** The problem with not calling a draw, is that there has to be a massive bout of warping brigades to cover new vulnerabilities

*** Because of links and logistics. Axis would need major flag movement to be able to continue as is, and allied would need to be allowed to match it.  The amount of moves needed would change the battlefield so much that it makes much more sense to just call it a draw.

I can see none of you have ever done HC before or moved flags.

What major movement?  Every new link is in axis territory right now.  Nothing needs to be moved at all.  Nothing.

And, even if it DID need to be moved, one can adjust backline flags in 15 min.... whoop dee doo!

(note: just saw allies have Eghezee now, ok, that does complicate it a tiny bit, but we're talking minuscule - I could fix that in 15 min)

I totally understand why you want to restart with the new patch, it might have issues.

But don't blame it on moving flags or town control, simply ludicrous.

Guess I just can't stand intermission and now we have 2 more dead days of game play :(

2 minutes ago, delems said:

I can see none of you have ever done HC before or moved flags.

Judging by webmap if i split twerp right this very second, and did not consult with GHC on brigade moves, i'd be giving allied a free ride right into town with no brigade in place to counter.

15min? its going to be a bit too late by then.

And you wont be the one who has to answer for screwing the players like that.
When you are, you can make the choices.

1 person likes this

***  i'd be giving allied a free ride right into town with no brigade in place to counter.

Not at all, axis has 5 flags in Antwerp right now.. just distribute them to the new split antwerp - problem solved.

3 minutes ago, delems said:

***  i'd be giving allied a free ride right into town with no brigade in place to counter.

Not at all, axis has 5 flags in Antwerp right now.. just distribute them to the new split antwerp - problem solved.

Axis has 5 brigs in Twerp.. Considering the fact that us Allied, had to go 6 flags (techinally 7) against 5 flags, almost one whole division. 2 navy brigades.