OHM

Release today is the plan

45 posts in this topic

There were issues with the upgrade not synchronizing the map properly, so it is wise to reset the map.. 

41 minutes ago, delems said:

*** The problem with not calling a draw, is that there has to be a massive bout of warping brigades to cover new vulnerabilities

*** Because of links and logistics. Axis would need major flag movement to be able to continue as is, and allied would need to be allowed to match it.  The amount of moves needed would change the battlefield so much that it makes much more sense to just call it a draw.

I can see none of you have ever done HC before or moved flags.

What major movement?  Every new link is in axis territory right now.  Nothing needs to be moved at all.  Nothing.

And, even if it DID need to be moved, one can adjust backline flags in 15 min.... whoop dee doo!

(note: just saw allies have Eghezee now, ok, that does complicate it a tiny bit, but we're talking minuscule - I could fix that in 15 min)

I totally understand why you want to restart with the new patch, it might have issues.

But don't blame it on moving flags or town control, simply ludicrous.

Guess I just can't stand intermission and now we have 2 more dead days of game play :(

Axis had 1 flag in the town when the decision was made.
You cannot cover the entire new area with 1 flag, leaving it in a very bad spot for axis.

The options were to allow axis AND allied to move around flags before its unlocked after patch, OR to call it a draw and start over safe.

The first option resulted it so many flag movements that it would completely change the battlefield, which makes no sense.

Simple facts

I thought i read somewhere that the bunker design would be introduced. Any truth to that? And would it only be in the new town?

Edited by choad

Seeing as ant and brussels are split that will be the equivelent of what 6 new towns ? Any thought on more bgds. To cover that ?

"We interrupt this war for an important announcement."

IIRC, not the first time a campaign was ended mid-match, I think then it was also a major update.
To be clear, the system is very finicky, does not take much poking make the entire map setup to implode.

27 minutes ago, victorys said:

Seeing as ant and brussels are split that will be the equivelent of what 6 new towns ? Any thought on more bgds. To cover that ?

Much more that just splitting up 2 huge cities, it is links to all the towns around round it, even some distance away.

This area was created back in late 2000(!!!), so they are working with code created when the Pharaohs ruled Egypt.

Edited by frantish

We'll be starting the Campaign at tier 0, so we have a proper Campaign, all the way through. The team discussed this in great detail and we want the most genuine experience possible with these big changes coming in. We think it's the most fair approach and we simply want to do it right so everyone can really appreciate how game play is going to be with this stuff in it.

I'd suggest focusing more on learning what these changes mean and how the more prepared side is going to be able to exploit a victory out of it. Get focused on strategy, this is going to tremendously alter the outcome of the major battles that occur at Antwerp and Brussels.

Use this time for intermission to try stuff out and get familiar with it. Get ready for the proper campaign launch once completed.

S! Thanks for your support everyone, we're very happy to be getting you a Terrain update, the first one in about 7 years.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, choad said:

I thought i read somewhere that the bunker design would be introduced. Any truth to that? And would it only be in the new town?

When new bunkers are ready and have passed testing etc, they can added in at undisclosed locations (to keep it interesting), including existing towns.
Since that does not change strategic geography, probably no reset needed for that kind of thing.
Bunkers are not introduced in this patch, they are coming though.
You know women, they wont show their face until the hair lipstick and dress are perfect ;) 

1 hour ago, victorys said:

that will be the equivelent of what 6 new towns ?

I guess 8 technically?
I look at ant and brussels as still the same 2 towns, just reorganized for us at a strategic level.

22 minutes ago, chazley said:

Damn, I was absolutely slaughtering the Allies this campaign. Guess I gotta start over.

No, just keep adding them to your kill count :) 
Did Gimli start over when they left Helms Deep?

1 hour ago, victorys said:

We introduced a 10th Division a few months ago, so I dont forsee this happening anytime soon.

So just the 2 Allied major cities are getting split up? Why not ALL the cities that are of that size on both sides? Or at least an equal number of cities on both sides at fairly equal distances from the starting line? Fair and balanced? 

42 minutes ago, lipton said:

So just the 2 Allied major cities are getting split up? Why not ALL the cities that are of that size on both sides? Or at least an equal number of cities on both sides at fairly equal distances from the starting line? Fair and balanced? 

gotta start somewhere....

1 hour ago, lipton said:

1. Because Antwerp and Brussels are the 2 most played, and arguably most not fun of the mega cities.
They always come into play pretty fast, so they stand to provide the most playerbase feedback the soonest.

2. If everyone hates it, i only have 2 cities to put back together, not 50
These cities were not meant to be sectioned after the fact, there is no development tool designed for doing it.
I have to do each one by hand, externally, line by line, and it is a lot of trial and error, and then once done, reconnect the living map back into it.
Then the host has to have the Entire strat database rebuilt from ground Zero and has to be error free, And then people have to go check it for any unforeseen play issues etc.

3. The changes to the 2 cities dont come into any fairness or balance issues, no one is getting something extra, They dont have nuke lobbing catapults or anything.
They are balanced and fair in that both the attacker and defender, regardless of which direction, should be able to have more fun attacking and defending.

If you don't like them, I'll return them back to their original forms.

* by trial and error, i mean several bouts of smoking hole in the ground where the city used to be
wait wha? wtf?? there was a city here, Noooooooooooooooo

Edited by merlin51
3 people like this

10 hours ago, Pittpete said:

Don't understand why people feel the need to argue or question any decision that is made?

You used to question decisions, what happened to you?

Another post deleted. Pretty sure that one didn't meet and most certainly didn't exceed the TOS.  Yep. I must have a bell around my neck. Think I'll add one to my Signature for laughs. 

Decision was made, reason was explained, and its now live on the server.

No need to argue with eachother over it, lets move forward now :)