Zebbeee

Brainstorming future DLCs

18 posts in this topic

Xoom unveiled the new one time purchase DLCs coming on steam and only focused on upgrade of the base game.

Although nothing has been mentioned about futre plans, the announcement opened the door to future other DLCs.

What DLC would you look for? Let's brainstorm and submit the list!

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This first suggestion comes more from my days of playing AH Squad Leader rather than any historical basis and I would not make it DLC but more for Premium Subscribers. 

Assault Engineers - same as engineers but equipped with SMGs instead of rifles. They should be geared towards attacking so I would not allow them to build bunkers or repair AI like rifled engineers. I think they should be able to build tank obstacles.

Pioneers - Light version of rifled engineers (or perhaps ltd smgs w/ 3 clips) but only 1 or 2 HE charges instead of normal 4 chgs. 1 or 2 AI repair. No grenades or at least limited amount. Not so much intended for combat but for defense prep/repair.

Home Guard/Militia/Volksstrum - Rifle w/ limited ammo 3 clips. 1 HEAT ammo that represents panzerfaust/PIAT (until it could be modeled and introduced) . A grenade. No ammo resupply. Only available in home countries, i.e. German militia should rarely fight French militia.  

I could suggest Rangers/Special forces loadouts but I don't see that being non Premium Subscriber DLC.

Short of suggesting new equipment its a bit limited on modifying existing models and equipment loadouts for lower level DLC.

I don't know how limited the configurations of the units are such Infantry/Armor divisions/brigades etc... but think some units could/should be made elite and only they could have Assault Engineers or other specialized equipment. Other units should have less as in a Volksstrum/militia unit shouldn't get tier 3 equipment where a frontline combat unit should.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks odin!

 

Not saying these should be added but here's the list I brainstormed so far:

  • Increasing max rank limit (if any)
  • Access to non-combat roles (logistician, medic...)
  • Customized items: clothes, face, decal, vehicle cammo...
  • 48h premium access (rank restricted)
  • 48h army, air or navy full access (no rank restriction)
  • 48h Ranking boost (points x2)
  • Specialized ammo/rounds
  • Access to exclusive player-placed objects (PPO)
  • Pay-per-hour / per-kill / per-deaths prepaid premium packs
  • Access-ticket to special scenario/map event(s)
  • Closed-beta access

More ideas? @jwilly

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canadian units and patches (if you add Canadian units to the OOB) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One time fee 60 $ - everything unlocked (the ultimate DLC lol)

then keep making new DLCs from there.

It's the best way to draw in new players - without a sub.

 

And those that say.......'i've been paying for 15 years a sub' - good, you've been supporting the game for 15 years, get a special forum badge and in-game weapon for your accomplishments..... but now game needs to change to draw in a big crowd.

And if someone would want, he would still have the hero builder option.

Edited by nugitxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nugitxx said:

One time fee 60 $ - everything unlocked

Absurd. Financial suicide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, raptor34 said:

Canadian units and patches (if you add Canadian units to the OOB) 

+10

also:  OT DLC > one month access to the wit and wisdom of OT with unlimited posts:  $5 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nugitxx said:
On 11/8/2018 at 9:48 AM, Zebbeee said:

Thanks odin!

 

Not saying these should be added but here's the list I brainstormed so far:

  • Increasing max rank limit (if any)
  • Access to non-combat roles (logistician, medic...)
  • Customized items: clothes, face, decal, vehicle cammo...
  • 48h premium access (rank restricted)
  • 48h army, air or navy full access (no rank restriction)
  • 48h Ranking boost (points x2)
  • Specialized ammo/rounds
  • Access to exclusive player-placed objects (PPO)
  • Pay-per-hour / per-kill / per-deaths prepaid premium packs
  • Access-ticket to special scenario/map event(s)
  • Closed-beta access

More ideas? @jwilly

 

Very interesting... A week end pass or something similar. Nice idea.

On 2/8/2018 at 10:56 PM, odin67 said:

 

Home Guard/Militia/Volksstrum - Rifle w/ limited ammo 3 clips. 1 HEAT ammo that represents panzerfaust/PIAT (until it could be modeled and introduced) . A grenade. No ammo resupply. Only available in home countries, i.e. German militia should rarely fight French militia.  

 

I like it very much! But if limited to home countries it would difficult to interest someone.

6 hours ago, sorella said:

+10

also:  OT DLC > one month access to the wit and wisdom of OT with unlimited posts:  $5 

LOL sorella! :P

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kase250 said:

A week end pass or something similar. Nice idea.

A campaign pass would be nice. Get access for as long as the campaign lasts. Kind of a gamble. And first time ever you'll see a lot of people switching over to the losing side in numbers, defending to the last man :-D

But please don't put anything out for sale that increases vehicle performance (like special camo or ammo) as this is the way to p2win...

Edited by vanapo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-  Kill rings for tanks/tags/aaa, kill flags for planes, and kill medals for infantry

- Indigenous partisans, both male and female, that can randomly spawn into unoccupied CPs (or some other random place that would be easy to implement) in enemy towns that have a flag.   Dressed in civilian clothes and armed with rifles, pistols, grenades and 1 HE charge. Limited to 10-20 for each AB in a town.

Edited by GrAnit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

basic bomber pack

and add some more tanks to the armor pack (maybe r35+pan/W15, 2c + 232/38t for light pack, 3f + 3h/232 for medium pack etc)

Right now it is not attractive :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add the 90mm M36 Slugger for the Americans, their halftrack gun-carriers with the 57mm / 75mm anti-tank guns, the quad .50-cal unit  (stationary and mounted on the halftrack). The SHERMAN 105mm tank.

For the British, the 20mm Oerlikon, Humbler armored car, universal Bren carrier (can tow), THE CROMWELL TANK PLEASE.

The French had a Hotchkiss stationary machine gun, I believe. Kind of like the tripod MG42.

And everyone's respective medium-caliber mortars: 81mm, 3-inch, 8cm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 1$ that buys you 5 uses of premium units.

When you bought this you would get a coupon key that you could use ingame.

 

This would be great for casual players or squads that want to get back in to the game in a particular timeframe or event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2018 at 1:00 PM, pbveteran said:

A 1$ that buys you 5 uses of premium units.

When you bought this you would get a coupon key that you could use ingame.

 

This would be great for casual players or squads that want to get back in to the game in a particular timeframe or event.

That seems reasonable, long as they have the rank too to spawn the thing.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.