pbveteran

Are F2P players going to loose anything?

50 posts in this topic

The binoculars, trucks, ability to create missions and deploy FMS are this going to be taken away?

47 minutes ago, pbveteran said:

The binoculars, trucks, ability to create missions and deploy FMS are this going to be taken away?

its free, mate.  what do you expect for nothing - everything? 

5 people like this

1 hour ago, pbveteran said:

No, current f2p keep their privileges. 

Basic pack  (4.99$) and DLCs will only be proposed on steam (where there is no f2p offered anymore since April as it was a temporary launch offer).

It will still be possible to create basic f2p accounts through the organic website but these won’t be able to upgrade with DLCs for now. The main reason is because it’s easier to create such on offer with the steam webtools than with the organic website. So there it will be tried out.

" FREE PLAY CHANGING TO RESERVE ACCOUNT (SEP. 1)

The Reserve Account will be the FREE point of entry for both our organic and Steam customers. Anyone who currently has a free play account will also be effected. This will be a "Rifleman Only" account for users to participate as a member of our community and evaluate what we have to offer."

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎03 at 4:06 PM, Zebbeee said:

No, current f2p keep their privileges. 

I would disagree on this, based on the CSR quote above.

13 minutes ago, Hardlead said:

" FREE PLAY CHANGING TO RESERVE ACCOUNT (SEP. 1)

The Reserve Account will be the FREE point of entry for both our organic and Steam customers. Anyone who currently has a free play account will also be effected. This will be a "Rifleman Only" account for users to participate as a member of our community and evaluate what we have to offer."

I would disagree on this, based on the CSR quote above.

Indeed but I answered before the latest update. Plans have changed, obviously but at least it offers free rifle to old premium :)

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:46 AM, pbveteran said:

All free players will be converted to the Rifleman only, Reserve Account. All of those permissions you have listed here will be pushed into Steam DLCs and/or Subscription plans. This also means that there will be no "trial" period for premium time as well.

Short answer: Yes.

The Reserve Account will also be available on Steam and it is to be considered the base entry to the game, intended to give people an opportunity to participate and see what the game is about. We also anticipate an influx in participation to the game coming from Steam since it'll be us going back to some free option, but not exactly the way we had it before, with improvements to the keymapper / optional training / DLC path.

Definitely read that announcement article carefully. We wanted to provide you guys some notice now so you can be prepared for September 1st.

S!

Allow Reserve account to spawn 111s.  That'll fix the RDP war fast.  :^)

Edited by forrest

1 hour ago, forrest said:

Allow Reserve account to spawn 111s.  That'll fix the RDP war fast.  :^)

149483-1480457059-jpg.678008

1 person likes this

I was, a few years ago, 5th AAA gunner in a camp as a FTP. 

(allied obviously, not possible with the 20mm)

That does not make sense to be able to do as FTP, good move CRS on these changes.

Edited by Hardlead

I won't be paying for an extra tow account, which means I won't be able to play the game I'm used to. You can't get tows to where you want, half the time you can't get tows anywhere. 

Won't be paying for a main account then either. 

3 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

I won't be paying for an extra tow account, which means I won't be able to play the game I'm used to. You can't get tows to where you want, half the time you can't get tows anywhere. 

You can purchase a Starter Account, $7.99/mo. Easy peasy. The Reserve Accounts are coming at the end of this month, no stopping that. S! 

6 hours ago, Hardlead said:

I was, a few years ago, 5th AAA gunner in a camp as a FTP. 

(allied obviously, not possible with the 20mm)

That does not make sense to be able to do as FTP, good move CRS on these changes.

S! appreciate your support. We know for some it's not going to be the most favored, but it's really an important decision for us to make. I'd like to remind people that we almost removed a free option entirely.

Dunno what part of "not paying for a tow account" you missed, Xoom. 

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Dunno what part of "not paying for a tow account" you missed, Xoom. 

I don't have a better solution for you at the moment dude. Doing what we have to do here. Think on it for a couple of days.

Rifleman only is fair for free.

If you take truck from FTP - all your doing is taking away the % of one less fms (in theory).

No Binocs makes game 100% harder. That would make or break most players.

Giving FTP players toys like atgs is a disaster. Free player shouldn't be able to kill a tank.

PARA FTP is fine if you can take away the tank charge.

LIES

S!

2 hours ago, nily5000 said:

If you take truck from FTP - all your doing is taking away the % of one less fms (in theory).

Giving FTP players toys like atgs is a disaster. Free player shouldn't be able to kill a tank.

LIES

S!

Yup. 

I set FMS exclusively from my F2P tow account. 

Watch as the FMS to AO's drops by 80% lol. 

We only have 2 or 3 usually to AOs...good luck with that crap. 

3 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

DLCs will also come to organic reservists in the coming months , or you cab grab an account on steam instead? DLCs at 9,99 unlocking a truck will be available in September.

That being said, being a hero builder I pay a lot to have such a second tow account. It's not fair that you can do this for free.

1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, Zebbeee said:

DLCs will also come to organic reservists in the coming months , or you cab grab an account on steam instead? DLCs at 9,99 unlocking a truck will be available in September.

That being said, being a hero builder I pay a lot to have such a second tow account. It's not fair that you can do this for free.

I was a hero builder YEARS. 

Where the game is going, I'm not following. BS RDP, losing our tow accounts, no new vehicles....Just rehashed old models. Tell me, why did we buy that new vehicle modelling software to get reskinned stuff? 

It's almost like believing in a televangelist. 

Just tried to help answer the tow question but you are bringing it into a larger debate I can't take position with as I have no clue neither on how good it's going for the artists. 

I am happy enough some guys are learning it thoroughly and I know they prefer to keep it a suprise until it's sure the work passes QA.

6 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Where the game is going, I'm not following. BS RDP, losing our tow accounts, no new vehicles....Just rehashed old models. Tell me, why did we buy that new vehicle modelling software to get reskinned stuff? 

If only you could see how much hard work is going on behind the scenes, it's like the old saying about watching a duck gliding across the water and not seeing it's legs paddling away like crazy underneath.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

I've thought about how to respond to this a few times. I keep coming back to wondering what's up with the built up aggression and why you're taking it out on the team?

I don't think any answer right now is going to suffice to answering your questions, but I will say we purchased "Creator" so that we could:

1. Be able to modify any FLT (for bug fixes or improvements)
    1. Everything to do with environment models
    2. Everything to do with vehicle models
  2. Learn how to create new variants
  3. Introduce new models when we can

Everything but #3 on that list has been completed and it's been the appropriate process and method to learn a complex program and set of requirements. It's not like opening up 3DS Max or Maya and doing a couple of things. Our vehicle models, the bigger they get, are more detailed and complex. 

You've been a long standing community member and excellent player of ours and I hate to see this sort of thing unfold. And I sincerely mean if I can help answer some of your questions in an effort to hear you out / resolve what ever's going on, I'd be very happy to give you a call. 

4 people like this

17 hours ago, nily5000 said:

LIES

S!

Giving them free BINOs and paying people have to spend months of playing to get them, Seems fair (ya right)

If you want stuff, farkin pay to play

2 people like this

I don't think removing basic features from F2P it's a good move, I don't see how this is gonna bring more users to the game

1 hour ago, sydspain said:

I don't think removing basic features from F2P it's a good move, I don't see how this is gonna bring more users to the game

They will be able to take the free rifle, and pick and chose some components to add to it ala cart, one time non recurring fee.
Then if they decide OK i want ALL the toys! They can subscribe and get everything else.
For people who would not subscribe even if the game came with free sex, it gives them an option to still participate.

If a normal vet subscriber hits some hard times, now they can still come on, hang out with their squad and friends
shoot some bad guys etc, they are not just shut out as their account will roll back to a F2P account for them until they can resub.

If you go this FTP route, do you loose your previously held rank temporarily ,or maybe permanently if you should choose to subscribe later down the road?