• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New job posting.   02/23/2019

The Community Management team is looking for war correspondents to provide news stories or after action reports to be published on our website and our Steam forums.  Player correspondents imbedded with a squad is fine along with reporters overall who might want to produce stories about the campaign, a piece of equipment, a battle or a skirmish - all stories are encouraged and welcome.  If intertested in a volunteer war correspondent position apply at Tman@corneredrats.com
mcafeed

The LAST thing this game needs

58 posts in this topic

Is this low supply set up.  What a truly stupid set up by the rats. This game is about 0.0 fun when you have no supply to fight with.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, mcafeed said:

Is this low supply set up.  What a truly stupid set up by the rats. This game is about 0.0 fun when you have no supply to fight with.

What is the point of supply unless it is limited? It’s up the players to keep their units alive and in fighting shape, it’s the job of your enemy to deny that to you. If your preferred unit is not available, use something else. My thoughts on the matter at least. 

3 people like this

It's notable that the players most affected by limited supply are those whose preferred gameplay style is spawn-kill-die-spawn-kill-die-spawn-kill-die.

Players who regard staying alive as either a personal realism goal or just a more effective way to play, are much less affected by limited supply.

5 people like this

4 hours ago, jwilly said:

It's notable that the players most affected by limited supply are those whose preferred gameplay style is spawn-kill-die-spawn-kill-die-spawn-kill-die.

Can confirm. Stop dying mcafeed.

3 people like this

For me the only question is whether this set up  - like all other - helps to bring new player to the game or not. I personally  can see how ppl wasting supply day by day and would prefer if the OIC could lock it. 

What if factories only influenced the supplies of weapons except those available for DLCs?

9 hours ago, raptor34 said:

What is the point of supply unless it is limited? It’s up the players to keep their units alive and in fighting shape, it’s the job of your enemy to deny that to you. If your preferred unit is not available, use something else. My thoughts on the matter at least. 

This^^^^^

Some attrition is needed for pete's sakes..............

3 people like this

2 hours ago, bmw said:

This^^^^^

Some attrition is needed for pete's sakes..............

Agree with all the points about supply needing to be limited.  That was not the point. I don't think I made the point clear.

I think CRS missed the mark this map.  Based on populations playing, the supply is too limited this map.  I am hearing this from the player base when I am on.  I agree with them.

Edited by mcafeed

24 minutes ago, mcafeed said:

Agree with all the points about supply needing to be limited.  That was not the point. I don't think I made the point clear.

I think CRS missed the mark this map.  Based on populations playing, the supply is too limited this map.  I am hearing this from the player base when I am on.  I agree with them.

lrn2fly 

Intercept and conduct RDP raids and you can negate the affect of what you are complaining about.

Flying is the hardest aspect of the game to master. It requires the most skill. So I think it makes sense that it is as impactful as it is. Anyway with current pop it shouldn't be too hard to protect your factories and render this argument void. 

I have a skewed perspective but for me, RDP fighter/bomber gameplay is the most fun aspect that this game has to offer. One wrong move in the air that deep in enemy territory and you are borked. 

Or make a wrong decision while intercepting a raid and ground guys on your side might be without their favourite piece of equipment for longer. 

If only numbers were greater in the air, this could be even more fun than it would be now. Oh well, at least RDP is active again...

Edited by zippy
2 people like this

24 minutes ago, zippy said:

lrn2fly 

Intercept and conduct RDP raids and you can negate the affect of what you are complaining about.

When it's tough to spot the EA unless you're already on top of them intercepting unfortunately isn't a great answer. Lately it seems spotting anything is unreliable unless you're really close.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, madrebel said:

When it's tough to spot the EA unless you're already on top of them intercepting unfortunately isn't a great answer. Lately it seems spotting anything is unreliable unless you're really close.

At least we get the circles, I don't believe (at least from the old footage I've seen) that the fighters in WWII have the benefit of some kind of HUD device that lit up the enemy aircraft with a red circle.  Just playing devil's advocate here, obviously there has be compromise between reality and simulation.  And FYI, if you scan for a wee bit longer the circles become a little more visible.  The actual pixels of the plane is visible from quite a ways off.

1) just stop with that whole realism argument. we can't see further than a few KM. distances that IRL barely qualify for safe flying. so just stop with the 'realism' argument. our ability to ID anything is significantly worse than real life. have you ever flown in a plane? you can see a long damn ways.

2) IFF - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identification_friend_or_foe these weren't perfect but did exist and got significantly better as the war went on. it may not have been a HUD but IFF was a thing and did work.

3) visual ID by militray/civilians from the ground using eyeballs along with acoustic listening posts were all over in the 40s and as the war dragged on, the ability of these acoustic stations to pin point the number, altitude, and heading rivaled radar.

its WAAAYY to easy to infiltrate deep behind enemy lines without being seen by anything other than the yellow squares.

2 people like this

5 hours ago, mcafeed said:

Is it that supply is low in all 10 divisions? (we added a 10th division a few months ago without adjusting supply) 

Or is it that supply for the key areas of the map is low for the AOs you want to hit?

Or is it that supply of high end equipment (SMGs and LMGs ) are low and you dont want to take some of the lower end equipment out (R35 PZ2)?

Or is it the fact the RDP bombing is once again meaningful and you can effectively increase resupply from 15 hours to 30 hours. (Personally my thoughts not CRS would be to go to 12 hours max 24 hours)

1 hour ago, BLKHWK8 said:

RDP bombing is once again meaningful

yet the RDP bombing system is broken. So you made a broken system more important. Don't be suprised if that leads to complaints.

I said this will happen. So I won't complain. I just gonna say:

I told you so.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

Is it that supply is low in all 10 divisions? (we added a 10th division a few months ago without adjusting supply) 

Or is it that supply for the key areas of the map is low for the AOs you want to hit?

Or is it that supply of high end equipment (SMGs and LMGs ) are low and you dont want to take some of the lower end equipment out (R35 PZ2)?

Or is it the fact the RDP bombing is once again meaningful and you can effectively increase resupply from 15 hours to 30 hours. (Personally my thoughts not CRS would be to go to 12 hours max 24 hours)

No, I said it crystal clear (the 2nd time).  Based on populations playing this map, supply is too limited.  Yes, e.g., SMGs are too few by a long shot.  

On another note, allied side doesn't have an LMG worth spawning so the LMG's are usually the last troops spawned on the allied side.  I would buy into allies having the option to take all SMG's instead of any LMGs.  Since CRS won't fix the German LMG, we might as well have the option and exercise it.

Edited by mcafeed
1 person likes this

19 hours ago, jwilly said:

Players who regard staying alive as either a personal realism goal or just a more effective way to play, are much less affected by limited supply.

When was the last time someone who plays pew pew capped a bunker, moved the map. If we all played only to stay alive the map would never move.

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, goreblimey said:

When was the last time someone who plays pew pew capped a bunker, moved the map. If we all played only to stay alive the map would never move.

He makes a VERY valid point.  Spawn-Kill-Die is typically the ONLY way to take a town.

Edited by lipton

22 hours ago, madrebel said:

1) just stop with that whole realism argument. we can't see further than a few KM. distances that IRL barely qualify for safe flying. so just stop with the 'realism' argument. our ability to ID anything is significantly worse than real life. have you ever flown in a plane? you can see a long damn ways.

2) IFF - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identification_friend_or_foe these weren't perfect but did exist and got significantly better as the war went on. it may not have been a HUD but IFF was a thing and did work.

3) visual ID by militray/civilians from the ground using eyeballs along with acoustic listening posts were all over in the 40s and as the war dragged on, the ability of these acoustic stations to pin point the number, altitude, and heading rivaled radar.

its WAAAYY to easy to infiltrate deep behind enemy lines without being seen by anything other than the yellow squares.

1.)  The realism argument is there because we're playing a game, or simulation, based on actual real events.  But to be fair, the reason I added the qualifier; " obviously there has be compromise between reality and simulation"; was to make the point that a game will never be exactly the way it was.  IRL, when flying VFR your concern for crashing into another plane is somewhat more serious and spotting other planes, unless they are close, is not that easy and takes training. The restrictions you have when flying IRL are based on actual life and death decisions not an inconvenient despawn.  Furthermore, the pilots in WWII flew in a lot of situations that modern day pilots would not because; 1.) it was the 1940's; and; 2.) they were at war.   And yes, I got my PPL about 20 years ago, although, I did let it lapse about 8 years ago as I hardly went up anymore.

2.) I made no argument that the red circle should not be there... I pointed out that the balance between game and reality necessitates stuff like this in game.

3.) Yep, I somewhat agree with you on this one, but that is kinda getting off the point a wee bit.

You have to decide what kind of game this is.

* a point and shoot game?

* a strategy game? = more realism

Ever since this game started it has been a realism strategy style game.

So Mcafeed. what is it you are looking for? Sounds to me a Point and Shoot.

His point is that the supply is TOO limited. My assumption is he would prefer something between the current amount and what it was last campaign. Overall less supply, but not as much as what it is currently.

Before, there was so much supply nothing could be attritioned. As a result, factory repair timers were increased and supply was cut across the board by about 25%. His argument is that now things attrition way too fast, and claims that he sees a lot of people agreeing with him.

I'd contest how many people agree with him; I've seen an almost universal praise for the supply changes this map, but I don't play often since I'm busy working on it.

As an aside, I agree that the RDP bombing game requires fixing. Little to no viable interception possibility, impossible to adequately defend with AAA even with infinitely skilled players (window of exposure for bombers means they can drop as the AAA can begin targeting them), etc. Almost always very passive when it should be always very exciting.

If depots were deployed far outside towns (500m), AA could set up there as well , working better for factory defense as well